WC: 2023 Switzerland Roster Talk

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
I'm surprised Fischer split Richard and Bertschy, that line worked so well. I also assume Senteler will be dressed given his work on the PK.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Fiala - Hischier - Malgin

Today in Training.

Well then it seems Fischer is going big with the 1st Line.

Exciting prospects, on one hand. Still thinking Corvi would profit from an upgrade on his wing.

Who was 13th/14th forward in Training?

Bertschy back to the 4th Line, Riat out?

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Training from yesterday:

Fiala – Hischier – Malgin
Niederreiter – Corvi – Ambühl
Miranda – Haas – Simion
Herzog – Richard – Bertschy (Senteler)

Siegenthaler – Kukan
Marti – Loeffel
Geisser – Fora
Glauser

Abwesend: Moser

So I guess Riat is out, Senteler 13th forward, Glauser with Moser and either Fora or Geisser out (if Geisser is fine it should be Fora).

Makes sense to pair Siegenthaler with Kukan, but Kukan - Marti worked very well in the first game.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Training from yesterday:

Fiala – Hischier – Malgin
Niederreiter – Corvi – Ambühl
Miranda – Haas – Simion
Herzog – Richard – Bertschy (Senteler)

Siegenthaler – Kukan
Marti – Loeffel
Geisser – Fora
Glauser

Abwesend: Moser

So I guess Riat is out, Senteler 13th forward, Glauser with Moser and either Fora or Geisser out (if Geisser is fine it should be Fora).

Makes sense to pair Siegenthaler with Kukan, but Kukan - Marti worked very well in the first game.
Thx.

Marti-Kukan were indeed very fine.

Paring Siegenthaler with Fora/Loeffel would have caused the least shuffeling. But Siegenthaler will play heavy minutes... Fischi probably wants neither of those 2 to do so. (Even if Loeffel looks more adept than ever before in the D zone)

Reactions: jj cale

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Really impressed by Glauser, without mistake, no sloppy plays.

And I hope JvP gets a game, vs. CZE or LAT.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Nino looks really solid. With him and Meier, ... we start having a true powerforward line.

The Swiss team lookedf really good in some instances today (against the Slovaks) ... i am impressed when we see the speed of Malgin, Bertschy or Fiala.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
I watched a bit the game against Slovakia ... and i was impressed by the number of true goal opportunities we had !!!

I hope we transform more than that against Canada and the other such teams !!!
we won't have the same number of opportunities.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
What makes me think this year is better than last year?

The D looks much more stable. Even Fora. No weak spot there. Marti was rock solid the whole tournament as were Glauser and Loeffel.
And Siegenthaler is a beast.

And there are 4 lines which can score. Every line is dangerous.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
What makes me think this year is better than last year?

The D looks much more stable. Even Fora. No weak spot there. Marti was rock solid the whole tournament as were Glauser and Loeffel.
And Siegenthaler is a beast.

And there are 4 lines which can score. Every line is dangerous.
Depth scoring has been the most notable improvement. Last years team was more of a two line team with mostly the Hischier and the Suter line driving the play. This year every line can put up goals as you said. I think Haas (who has always been great for the NT) and Bertschy (who had good and underwhelming WC's before) both showing up this time is playing a huge role in this. In regards to the more high end talent Hischier seems more impactful and dynamic in his first couple of games than last year as well.

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Switzerland has passed Slovak national team now . Better and more NHL players, better league and success good in all the WC . Hope Switzerland winns it this tournament . They worth it . Hopefully they get even more NHL players in the future

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Would be surprisded if so. Fischer never played goalies back-to-back.
I guess it's Mayer again. Or even JvP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad