OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: New season of plundering begins

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
(Shelton doesn't use leverage relievers up 6-1 in the 5th inning)

"omg Shelton ruiner of talent babysitter so clueless"

(Shelton uses leverage relievers tied 6-6 in 5th inning, reliever bombs)

"no not like that!"
Proud of you for finally acknowledging that Shelton chooses who goes into the game. The conspiracy theory that BC was calling into the dugout to make the decisions was wild.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Proud of you for finally acknowledging that Shelton chooses who goes into the game. The conspiracy theory that BC was calling into the dugout to make the decisions was wild.

LOL.

If you have 5 innings to go through and your GM hands you 4 shit relievers you make do.

BC can fire DS. Not the other way around.
But tell us again about all his great work in 2013 and the architecture of whatever Toronto is.

Edit: also, point out to me where I said Cherington determines the lineup or who goes into the game please. I've repeatedly said that he has assembled terrible rosters as failure is his immutable characteristic. Making it very difficult to actually construct a game plan around 6-8 players who are not viable MLers. He'd be a good exec by 2002 standards. Not now.

Last edited:

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Bednar blown save against 8-9-1 as the icing on the cake.

Bednar is kinda trash. Assuming we're out of it at the deadline I don't know if he would fetch anything.

Maybe just hold on and hope he rebounds. Although I'll say again that he doesn't have great stuff by today's standards. He's closer to Wil Crowe than Mason Miller.

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
In happier news….the fastball was always the attraction but the slider, change up, splitter combo is unfair. Thought at times he fell in love with those pitches a little too much. Would have loved to see more elevated fastballs but overall thought he was solid. Command wasn’t great but he probably had some jitters. Cubs are tough to strikeout but he still had 7 in 4 innings.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Bednar's ERA is a damn zip code right now, WOOF.

Either his 4 seam fastball returns to vastly outperforming its actual quality as it did the last couple years, or he is going to need to figure out a different way to pitch including a 2-seamer or something.

It's 97-98, flat and from a very conventional arm angle. He may have had some mystical intimidation angle before but now that the spell is broken, it's a very average pitch.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The ump was responsible for that strikeout with that 3-0 strike to Reynolds.

At the same time, I am growing pretty tired of Reynolds' mediocrity and bad performance with men on base. Doesn't seem like a good leader. Assuming we are deadline sellers I wouldn't mind seeing a Reynolds trade explored at all.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I think this is Rowdy's last game here before he is DFAd.

Last chance and he's blowing it. Bae will come north and Joe will become everyday 1B more or less.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Falter's been a little bit touch and go with the control all game, but his pitch count is still decent. I might chance sending him back out for the 7th against the bottom of the order, since we don't have another off day for quite a while, even with the 6-man rotation.

It's not an easy call. Maybe if we scored a run or two, I would think about just going for the win with the leverage guys, but if it stays 2-1, I'd chance getting a 7th inning out of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad