WC: 2023 Sweden Roster Talk

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Lots of us want a team full with NHLers.

But look at how good Andre Petersson, Pär Lindholm, Leo and Lindberg have been. In a good year, with many good NHLers on our team, i would still feel safe with petersson, P.Lindholm, leo and lindberg on the 3rd or 4th line.

Among Ds, Tömmernäs is pure class. He is better than Sandin.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Lots of us want a team full with NHLers.

But look at how good Andre Petersson, Pär Lindholm, Leo and Lindberg have been. In a good year, with many good NHLers on our team, i would still feel safe with petersson, P.Lindholm, leo and lindberg on the 3rd or 4th line.

Among Ds, Tömmernäs is pure class. He is better than Sandin.
Lindholm is not good at all against north american teams. Would take Alex Nylander ahead of him 10 times out of 10 against the U.S or Canada. Tömmernes is Okay but he’s severly overrated by the studio monkeys at SVT which just causes me to dislike him. Lets face it they are doing well because they are not facing NHL quality competition. I realize this sounds like I am putting down the euro players which is unfortunate but it’s an honest assessment rewatch the United States game and evaluate the players based on that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dala

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Lindholm is not good at all against north american teams. Would take Alex Nylander ahead of him 10 times out of 10 against the U.S or Canada. Tömmernes is Okay but he’s severly overrated by the studio monkeys at SVT which just causes me to dislike him. Lets face it they are doing well because they are not facing NHL quality competition. I realize this sounds like I am putting down the euro players which is unfortunate but it’s an honest assessment rewatch the United States game and evaluate the players based on that.
U should never evaluate players based on one game. They can all play better .
Need to be better prepared mentaly this game or Latvia will get a easy win.

Cant help to think what a difference only one of Karlsson Dahlin Kempe Zibanijad E Pettersson Backlund Hedman W. Nylander would have done to this kind of team. I probably forgot a few players.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
WTF?! Lindholm centering Carlsson and Raymond Berggren 13th F.
Carlsson's wrists are hurting and no winger is good at faceoffs, so probably why he moved to wing.

But to place him, & Raymond with the offensive blackhole that is Lindholm, & Berggren to 13F is... Hallam drunk?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Carlsson's wrists are hurting and no winger is good at faceoffs, so probably why he moved to wing.

But to place him, & Raymond with the offensive blackhole that is Lindholm, & Berggren to 13F is... Hallam drunk?
I don’t know maybe Carlsson is going to play as the positional center while Lindholm takes the faceoffs. But can Lindholm play wing? Lindholm usually does pretty Well against European competition though.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Well guess I was wrong. Fire Hallam. Playing Sörensen at 4 minutes left in a 3-1 game, and having your extra forward being de la Rose. Pär Lindholm at 1C when he has no offensive fiber in his body, gets outplayed all the time and can almost never exit a battle with the puck...

No way how you cut it, the coaches did a shit job.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Fire everyone and fire Tömmernes and Lindholm into the sun. I’m so sick of the swedish experts masturbating over ”the euro players that are just as good as any NHLer” that we heard for the umpteenth time this tournament. Swedish europlayers are absolutely shit there is no real core in europe that you can rely on.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Time to face the truth my fellow swedes? We are not good anymore. Not in WC, not in U20.

Best on best? We would be smocked by Canada, USA, Finland, Russia.

Also, Sam Hallam is a horrible coach.

Reactions: THE JAM

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Time to face the truth my fellow swedes? We are not good anymore. Not in WC, not in U20.

We are a top nation in junior hockey and best on best.

Skoda Cup has been terrible last years tho...

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.

The best Swedish forwards in the NHL are: Elias Pettersson, William Nylander, Adrian Kempe..

The D are great, but certainly Sweden is missing the Forsberg, Sedins, Sundin era

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
The best Swedish forwards in the NHL are: Elias Pettersson, William Nylander, Adrian Kempe..

The D are great, but certainly Sweden is missing the Forsberg, Sedins, Sundin era
Compare that to what Canada, USA, Finland and Russia have in NHL. We are not even close. Also our Ds suck in their own zone.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Let eye of ra shit on Swedish hockey for a couple of pages. It's at least more quality content than this swedish wc team.

Reactions: THE JAM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad