2023 Season Discussion Thread

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I have a prop bet with the hosts of the football show/stat company PFF Sam and Steve.

If great coaches Belichick, Tomlin, Payton, Vrabel have more wins this season than Burrow, Allen, Lawrence, Herbert ..... then Steve will send me a signed baseball jersey (he had been a marginal MLB pitcher). If the quartet of coaches have less wins than the QBs then i have to send a Korean leaguer signed jersey (they do it for fans after home wins).

The bet i proposed, as they have a "prove us wrong" episode each year. I argued that the teams of these great coaches are undervalued whereas teams with these star young QBs are overvalued.

I was happy to see Buffalo, Cincy and the Chargers going winless this weekend; but my coaches did too.

They are up +1 after week 1 due to the Jags victory.

It sounds impossible, but i think i have a chance of having two or three of these results giving me enough points to win the prop bet:

New England > Buffalo
Tennessee > Jacksonville
Denver > LA Chargers
Pittsburgh > Cincinatti

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Had David Montgomery, Jakobi Meyers and Romeo Doubs on the bench week 1. To no surprise my 7 bench players outscored my 9 starters.

Had Jakobi Meyers on my flex but at the last second I switched over to Mike Williams in the hope of being targeted more. Also had Tyler Allgier on my bench - FML

I ended up losing at the last second with Garret Wilsons TD.. I could have sworn he bobbled it while falling back and I wish the Bills challenged it but it is what it is.

I get that I am a second-year player, but RB is such a wildcard position. If you don't have a CMC, Ekeler, or a Henry, I feel as though you are already 'behind' as it is.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Strong 2-0 in week 1. Blowout win in my main league led by Tua, Diggs, and Aaron Jones.

Kicker won my second league on the game-tying Field Goal to force OT. 13 points from Tyler Bass for the W.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Crazy week 1 for me. I thought I had it in the bag after Tyreek went off, then Dallas D almost killed me. Luckily G Wilson got more points than Allen on MNF.

Now I’m debating sitting G Wilson against Dallas D, starting Dotson, and going w AJ Dillon in my flex.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Looking for some advice here. Started off 0-2 in my league and I’m not sure if I should throw in the towel already. My team consists of:

QB: Hurts
Rbs: Etienne, Dameon Pierce, Mostert, Montgomery and D’Andre Swift, Tyler Allgeier
WRs: Lamb, Devonte Adams, Christian Watson, Jakobi Meyers, Mike Williams.
TE: Higbee
D/ST: Washington
K: chargers kicker (forgot his name)

This is a 10 team PPR league. I feel like a lot of the advice I’m looking into YouTube streamers and/or ESPN blurbs is straight up wrong. Take Pierce for example - was supposed to rebound into a strong RB2 this week. I start him over Mostert and Swift, and both produced more while being on my bench.

I’m very confused as to who to play and who to sit. Hurts, Adams, Lamb,ETN(?) are my locked in guys, but everyone else is such a wildcard..

HELP ME! Lol

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
While Tyler Allgeier will share touches, he'll get work against a Detroit d that Seattle just hanged 37 on. Atlanta will want to keep the Lions offense off the field, and that means pound the rock. I expect a 50-100 yard, 1 to 2 TD game from him.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Looking for some advice here. Started off 0-2 in my league and I’m not sure if I should throw in the towel already. My team consists of:

Rbs: Etienne, Dameon Pierce, Mostert, Montgomery and D’Andre Swift, Tyler Allgeier

This is a 10 team PPR league. I feel like a lot of the advice I’m looking into YouTube streamers and/or ESPN blurbs is straight up wrong. Take Pierce for example - was supposed to rebound into a strong RB2 this week. I start him over Mostert and Swift, and both produced more while being on my bench.

I’m very confused as to who to play and who to sit. Hurts, Adams, Lamb,ETN(?) are my locked in guys, but everyone else is such a wildcard..

HELP ME! Lol
Well first off, we're all just dopes here (I know, I know, speak for myself). I feel like "experts" should always be filtered through your own experience and gut preferences.

All that said, I think Mostert has proven he should be started until he gets hurt of the Dolphins offense slows. ETN for sure also. I like Swift as a player but don't know that he's reliable week-to-week.

Injuries are hurting your receivers it looks like.

0-2 isn't towel time, yet.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Well first off, we're all just dopes here (I know, I know, speak for myself). I feel like "experts" should always be filtered through your own experience and gut preferences.

All that said, I think Mostert has proven he should be started until he gets hurt of the Dolphins offense slows. ETN for sure also. I like Swift as a player but don't know that he's reliable week-to-week.

Injuries are hurting your receivers it looks like.

0-2 isn't towel time, yet.

On the subject of 'experts' - yes. I think I will go with my intuition than fully rely on what they say.

I had Mostert last year but he was inconsistent for me. (had CMC second pick, then a supporting cast of James Connor, Mostert, Jamaal Williams and BRob jr). I really wanted to attempt a possible trade for Chubb but now that he's injured it's pointless.. (lot's of injuries this year eh?)

I am thinking about stacking Adams and Meyers once he's healthy. I don't mind Mike Williams but he is also inconsistent to be a starting player week-to-week.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County

HELP ME! Lol

Pierce is playing behind not only a terrible offensive line, but an injured one. I believe the stat this past week was he ran for something like 30 yards total and ran for 38 after contact. By all accounts he is passing the eye test but has no help. By the looks of things Laremy Tunsil will be back in a couple weeks which will be huge. I'm holding Pierce until after week 5 once the oline gets healthier. Will reevaluate then.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I had hoped Akers would go to the Vikings. I bought into the bounce back thing based on his late season last year so I am kinda saddled with him.

Of all the suggested landing spots I thought Minny not only offered a clear path to a good role but also I have shares of the of players on other teams that were being suggested (Moss, Hill, Hunt - yeah I added him before he signed, the Chubb owner had already nabbed Ford).

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
My fantasy season is off to a hot mess. Picked three RBs in the first four rounds: Chubb, Pacheco and Montgomery.

Week 3 now, Chubb gone for the season., Montgomery out this week, maybe longer. Pacheco limited in practice all week, expected to play but they might be cautious and reduce his touches.

Was able to snag Jerome Ford (CLE) on the waiver line so hopefully he brings something.

Have Gainwell on the bench who looked great week 1, but after missing week 2 and Swift looking great, not expecting much from Gainwell this week. Longer if Swift continues to produce.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad