2023 Season Discussion Thread

SugarSherm

The One and Only
Aug 25, 2012
Augusta, Georgia
16 team PPFD for rushes/catches, 0.2 for passes. I had pick 12.

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 DST, 1 K

QB: Tagovailoa, Love
RB: Etienne, Akers, McKinnon, Moss
WR: Lamb, Lockett, Chark, Reed, Cobb
TE: Andrews, Ertz, Musgrave
DST: Saints
K: Gay

Gets tough towards the end with my last few picks. Slim pickings in free agency as well. Didn’t intend to grab 3 TEs but grabbed Musgrave with my last pick and I’m just gonna wait and see what happens the first few weeks before making any changes.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
I have number 2 overall pick in a 3 player 0.5 ppr 12 team keeper league so it’s basicLly the 4th round. Robinson is going first so the top 2 WR on the board will be Waddle & Olave. Who would be the best pick?

They would go with Jefferson/Kupp as they were 2 of my keepers along with Etienne. I won the league 2 years ago being very wide receiver heavy so that’s my plan this year as well.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I need someone to tell me the best WR/RB they think I can get with a Pacheco/Pittman package.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
A little rough in the WR department but overall not bad. I think you could probably drop Dak and one defense to pick up some flyers at WR. is Nico Collins available? he should be Houstons 1WR and see alot of volume as they will be playing from behind quite a bit. Pickens could have a good season though but i would worry about Davis being inconsistent and Williams with his injury history.
Jax is for week 1 then I'm going to run with Pitt or anyone playing Indy , Collins is available so I'll be eyeing him, no waiver wait in this league. Dak fell to me real late and is trade bait. Hopefully fora WR. Josh fell to Me in the nd.2 as a Bills fan I had no choice.plus Josh eliminated me last season.thanks for the input homie.

Reactions: DS7 and tacogeoff

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Great team, can't wait to see what Bijan does this year. I'm almost thinking crazy pills and considering him over CMC. Any TEs on the wire? I'm not sold on D'onta Foreman as the backup in Chicago but if the RB depth is so bad on the wire, I get it.
Yeah I kind of reach for Bijan because I am a Falcons fan and I picked him 5th overall, from what I saw and heard he could be something special right away. Not really a ton of TE on the wire, Kmet, Highbee, Dulcich, Everett, Laporta and yeah the RB waiver wire is pretty thin, every team stack like 6 RB each year

Reactions: DS7

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
12 team standard 1PPR league, had the 7th pick.

QB: J. Fields, K. Pickett

RB: J. Jacobs, J. Conner, C. Akers, S. Perine, D. Achane

WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, J. Addison, D. Mooney, Z. Jones

TE: TJ Hockenson

K: E. McPherson

D: Eagles

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Had a very specific build in mind going into this year's draft and pulled it off. Now it's wait and see. Huge risk but the upside I think has potential.

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 DEF

10 Team half PPR, 9th pick

QB: Lamar Jackson, Tua Tagovailoa
RB: Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry, Khalil Herbert, Jaylen Warren, Tank Bigsby, Tyjae Spears
WR: Christian Watson, Drake London, Mike Williams, Zay Flowers, Jordan Addison
TE: Mark Andrews
DEF: Eagles
Well I tried this strategy drafting 10th in a 12-team. I missed on a 3rd back. I think I did ok although you can see the impact of drafting near the turn.

QB: Herbert, Pickett
RB: Barkley, Etienne, J Warren, E Mitchell, Z Moss
WR: London, Watson, Thomas, S Moore, Q Johnston, Boyd, Slayton
TE: Andrews
K: Elliott
D: Pittsburgh

Reactions: DS7

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
12 team 0.5 ppr league. 3 keepers per team.

QB - A. Rodgers
RB - T Etienne - K
RB - R. White
WR - J. Jefferson - K
WR - C. Kupp - K
WR - D. Smith
TE - D. Kincaid
Flex - WR - M. Williams
K - J. Tucker
DST - Saints

Bench

QB - D. Carr
RB - B. Robinson
RB - D. Jackson
RB -D. Vaughn
WR - J. Hyatt
TE - G. Everett

My RB aren’t great and took a chance in the rookie TE. Not super happy but not disappointed either.

Reactions: tacogeoff
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Why am I worried about missing out on a high-octane WR.. I feel like I am talking myself into a worrying problem that shouldn't exist.

I think my strat again this year will follow something like this: RB-WR-WR-QB and then another RB.

I was lucky with Hurts last year, but I don't think I will be so lucky again this year..

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
had the 9th pick in a 1 pt PPR league

QB-Allen
WR-Diggs
WR-Metcalf
RB-Mixon
RB-Walker III
TE-Goedert
Flex: Dotson
K-Bass
DEF-NYJ

Bench: Carr, Spears, Perine, Hollywood Brown, Thielen, Ferguson, Washington D

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
finished 2 drafts so far with one more to go tonight.

live draft: 10 team PPR league. qbs went fast and furious

1.5 Hill
2.16 AJ Brown
3.25 Keenan Allen
4.36 Justin Herbert
5.45 Dameon Pierce
6.56 Kyle PItts
7.65 Isiah Pacheco
8.76 Dalvin Cook
9.85 Jerry Jeudy
10.96 Anthony Richardson
11.105 Antonio Gibson
12.116 Dalton Kincaid
13.125 Evan McPherson K
14.136 Baltimore Ravens
15.145 Jaxon SMith-Njigba

Overall i don't mind my team. Strong WR core, strong starting QB but weak on the RB. I took Richardson out of spite and way to early from a Colts fan lol. these things happen at live drafts that include alcohol lol. Hoping i can trade him to upgrade my RB situation if he is decent.

Online draft: 12 team PPR league. QBs again went way to early for my liking. top 8 went in the first four rounds.

1.1 Justin Jefferson
2.24 Rhamondre Stevonson
3.25 Travis Etienne
4.48 Keenan Allen
5.49 JK Dobbins
6.72 Drake London
7.73 Khalil Herbert
8.96 Juwan Johnson
9.97 Daniel Jones
10.120 Roschon Johnson
11.121 Tyler Bass K
12.144 Tyler Allgeier
13.145 Aaron Rodgers
14.168 Saints
15.169 Sam Laporta

Overall i dont like my QB situation. RB is fine and WR is fine. Tight end i went in to early but they kept flying off the board. Leporta will be my wildcard starting in Detroit.

Why am I worried about missing out on a high-octane WR.. I feel like I am talking myself into a worrying problem that shouldn't exist.

I think my strat again this year will follow something like this: RB-WR-WR-QB and then another RB.

I was lucky with Hurts last year, but I don't think I will be so lucky again this year..
Depends what spot you have in the draft and if it is regular scoring or PPR. I think a top WR would be nice if you fall in the first 5 picks.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm in a 14 teamer that's gotten pretty experimental the last few years trying to find the right fit for our mix of fantasy rookies and vets. I'm not sure how I feel about the format this year. Figured I could outright ignore the TE spot given the roster changes. (Drafted out of the #13 spot, Snake Draft)

QB - Justin Fields
RB - David Montgomery (Jonathan Taylor PUP)
WR/TE - Stephon Diggs
WR/TE - Ceedee Lamb
WR/TE - Amari Cooper
WR/RB/TE - Jahan Dotson
WR/RB/TE - Treylon Burks
Bench WR/TE - Kadarius Toney
Bench WR/RB/TE - Rashaad Penny
Bench QB/WR/RB/TE - Jordan Love (Kyler Murray PUP)
DEF - Baltimore Ravens

I basically ignored RB as well (Taylor dropped past 70, Monty was a faller, Penny was my 2nd last pick) but still feel relatively okay at the spot (as good as anyone with JT could anyways). Should be interesting to see how the all out WR approach plays out.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Depends what spot you have in the draft and if it is regular scoring or PPR. I think a top WR would be nice if you fall in the first 5 picks.

My family league that I pissed and moaned about a few posts back couldn’t find another player to fill my spot so I’m back in it again:baghead: (10-team PPR)

If the drafting sequence is the same as last year - I will hold second overall. I drafted CMC as my first pick and will most likely do it again.

Again, my fear is losing out on some high quality WRs. I’m worried that a Christian Watson won’t be getting as many points as a viable WR2/Flex option

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
12 team.5 point PPR. My RBs are bit a scary. Hoping I can pack Pittman/Jeudy/Kirk for a RB projected finish of second but:

QB - Dak
WR - Diggs
WR - Lamb
RB - Dobbins
RB -Pacheco
TE - Andrews
Flex - Kirk
DEF - Cowboys
K - Patterson

Bench:
Penny
Jeudy
Pittman JR
Singletary
Chuba

May drop Singletary and hold onto Moss, because I think he'll be RB1 for the colts when he's back

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
What do you guys think of my team in a standard Yahoo public league?

KC Chiefs*
1.(9)Stefon Diggs (Buf - WR)
2.(12)Saquon Barkley (NYG - RB)
3.(29)Josh Allen (Buf - QB)
4.(32)Dameon Pierce (Hou - RB)
5.(49)Dalvin Cook (NYJ - RB)
6.(52)Pat Freiermuth (Pit - TE)
7.(69)Chris Godwin (TB - WR)
8.(72)Jahan Dotson (Was - WR)
9.(89)Christian Kirk (Jax - WR)
10.(92)George Pickens (Pit - WR)
11.(109)Brian Robinson (Was - RB)
12.(112)Geno Smith (Sea - QB)
13.(129)Tyler Higbee (LAR - TE)
14.(132)Younghoe Koo (Atl - K)
15.(149)Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
12 team .5 PPR. 8th pick. I do not like my team at all.

QB: Herbert
RB: Henry
RB: R. White
WR: Lamb
WR: Higgins
FLEX: M. Williams
TE: Schultz
K: Bass
DST: Ravens

BN:
RB Herbert
WR S. Moore
WR M.Brown
RB Achane
WR Osborn
RB Spears

I have Rachaad White in 3 leagues, but he seems to just keep falling to me in the 5-7th rounds. Same with Dionte Johnson who I also have in 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: DS7 and tacogeoff

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
What's everyone's thoughts on handcuffing your RBs as a philosophy? I have Derrick Henry but so many high end potential Rookie WRs on the wire (mims, reed, mingo), I feel like it's worth taking a stab at them dropping Spears.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I am in zero fantasy leagues this year as i concentrate on the skill of betting.

My project? To keep a book of faux-bets every week (i ain't putting money in, am test driving my ability), broken into three parts: surely would bet, might bet, and wouldnt bet but what the heck. One bet for each game. Either a team with the points line, or the over/under.

I began with a narrow improbable good bet as the o/u was 44 points and the game ended 21-20 despite minutes of unscoring late, very uncharacteristic of KC. It was a "might bet".

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
starting off 3-1 in four leagues.

had a rough go in one league with Hurts not having a good game, Sky moore putting up .40 and London putting up a fat 0. lost dobbins in one as well but have algier and herbert on the bench.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
starting off 3-1 in four leagues.

had a rough go in one league with Hurts not having a good game, Sky moore putting up .40 and London putting up a fat 0. lost dobbins in one as well but have algier and herbert on the bench.

I think I will be 1-1 by the end of the night.

In a work league I was losing by 40 points. although Barkley put up 9, Dallas took over and put up a massive 35.. couldn’t believe the turnaround I had.

In my family league, I am leading by 12 points. Opponent has Garret Wilson left to play.. not sure how confident I should be. My WRs in Lamb and Devonte Adams let me down a bit but what can you do.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Had David Montgomery, Jakobi Meyers and Romeo Doubs on the bench week 1. To no surprise my 7 bench players outscored my 9 starters.

Didn‘t watch the Raiders game, very curious whether Meyers‘ 10 targets will be an outlier or a sign of his usage going forward this season.

Also curious to see how Doubs progresses. I suspect he’s going to produce better than most fantasy pundits projected.

Feeling awesome about getting WR Calvin Ridley in the 5th round (#59). 19th WR drafted overall.

My latest round picks all off to very good starts:
12(#134): TE Evan Engram - 5/5 targets 49 yards
13(#155): WR Jakobi Meyers - 9/10 targets, 81 yards, 2TD
14(#158): RB Kennth Gainwell - 18 touches 74 yards, (he was the alpha RB week 1 for Philly see if that holds up)
15(#179): WR Romeo Doubs - 4/5 targets 26 yards, 2TD. Still recovering from injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad