2023 Season Discussion Thread

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
QB: Lamar/Purdy, WR: JJ/Kupp, RB: Kyren Williams/James Cook, Flex: Nacua/Etienne, TE: Kittle

Bench:
Stafford
Devonta Smith
Kenneth Walker
Ekeler

Flex league, not Superflex unfortunately. Am I winning this year?
Lots of question marks.

QB's - Hell yes
WR - JJ will likely ramp back up but the Rams guys have been a rollercoaster. Especially Kupp. Good last couple games, but has mostly been a ghost the 4 or 5 before that.
RB's - Williams has been pretty good, but Cook and Etienne has had a ton of ups and downs. Both pretty overrated from a FF point of view.
TE - Kittle is definitely one of the best, but isn't as dominate anymore. Some of the up and coming young guys like LaPorta and Kmet are catching up.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Lots of question marks.

QB's - Hell yes
WR - JJ will likely ramp back up but the Rams guys have been a rollercoaster. Especially Kupp. Good last couple games, but has mostly been a ghost the 4 or 5 before that.
RB's - Williams has been pretty good, but Cook and Etienne has had a ton of ups and downs. Both pretty overrated from a FF point of view.
TE - Kittle is definitely one of the best, but isn't as dominate anymore. Some of the up and coming young guys like LaPorta and Kmet are catching up.
Appreciate the feedback. I see it a bit different on the Rams guys and Cook. Rams when Kyren Williams, Kupp and Stafford are healthy are an elite offence. Kyren is a lock for 100+ yards and imo the #2 running back in terms of consistency behind CMC. Had a weird game this week with 2 fumbles, but take that out and he's hitting 30 fantasy points this week. Cooper Kupp is finally healthy and back to his former self. The Rams passing game is just light years better when they have a healthy Williams averaging over 5 yards per carry to keep teams honest while also being a receiving threat. The nice thing about starting Kupp and Puka is I'm probably guaranteed anywhere from 1-3 touchdowns between the two on top of 150-200 yards receiving and a lot of catches (1/2 ppr league). They also don't have terrible matchups with NO next week and Giants the week after, plus they're in the playoff race so they're motivated.

James Cook imo is a legit elite RB, and we're now seeing it with an OC that believes in him. He's a dangerous weapon in both the running and passing game. He's just put up 5 straight weeks of 100+ yards combined, and he's done it against PHI, KC and DAL the past 3 weeks. He should feast on LAC and NE to close out the year. Since the coaching swap at OC he's had 20+ touches in 3 of the last 4 games, and he's consistently getting red zone touches that he wasn't earlier in the year. Look for him to put up another dominant performance next week to keep the Bills in the playoff race.

My only worry is Etienne and Kittle and my QB situation (for next week). Kittle has been a boom or bust pick all year because SF has so many weapons that he doesn't always get targeted, but really he's still a must play and has 15+ point upside. Etienne struggling in the run game, but making up for it with pure volume, pass catching, and TDs (I sat him this week correctly into Baltimore's D despite every site telling me to start him over Cook). He gets TB and Carolina the next 2 weeks so should have higher upside, but I always have Devonta Smith, Ekeler(who I started and really don't trust after his usage last game), or Ken Walker as an option over Etienne.

My biggest worry is deciding who to start at QB. Purdy and Lamar playing each other might bring out some extra offence in a big showdown where neither might be a bad choice, but both teams just have such good defences. I'm considering starting Purdy after watching the Jags almost walk all over the Ravens D if not for throwing so many points away. SF just has so many weapons for Purdy with Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle and CMC heavily involved in the passing game, and with Baltimore losing Mitchell last night to a season ending injury their run game is now essentially Lamar and short yard runs with Gus Edwards.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Appreciate the feedback. I see it a bit different on the Rams guys and Cook. Rams when Kyren Williams, Kupp and Stafford are healthy are an elite offence. Kyren is a lock for 100+ yards and imo the #2 running back in terms of consistency behind CMC. Had a weird game this week with 2 fumbles, but take that out and he's hitting 30 fantasy points this week. Cooper Kupp is finally healthy and back to his former self. The Rams passing game is just light years better when they have a healthy Williams averaging over 5 yards per carry to keep teams honest while also being a receiving threat. The nice thing about starting Kupp and Puka is I'm probably guaranteed anywhere from 1-3 touchdowns between the two on top of 150-200 yards receiving and a lot of catches (1/2 ppr league). They also don't have terrible matchups with NO next week and Giants the week after, plus they're in the playoff race so they're motivated.

James Cook imo is a legit elite RB, and we're now seeing it with an OC that believes in him. He's a dangerous weapon in both the running and passing game. He's just put up 5 straight weeks of 100+ yards combined, and he's done it against PHI, KC and DAL the past 3 weeks. He should feast on LAC and NE to close out the year. Since the coaching swap at OC he's had 20+ touches in 3 of the last 4 games, and he's consistently getting red zone touches that he wasn't earlier in the year. Look for him to put up another dominant performance next week to keep the Bills in the playoff race.

My only worry is Etienne and Kittle and my QB situation (for next week). Kittle has been a boom or bust pick all year because SF has so many weapons that he doesn't always get targeted, but really he's still a must play and has 15+ point upside. Etienne struggling in the run game, but making up for it with pure volume, pass catching, and TDs (I sat him this week correctly into Baltimore's D despite every site telling me to start him over Cook). He gets TB and Carolina the next 2 weeks so should have higher upside, but I always have Devonta Smith, Ekeler(who I started and really don't trust after his usage last game), or Ken Walker as an option over Etienne.

My biggest worry is deciding who to start at QB. Purdy and Lamar playing each other might bring out some extra offence in a big showdown where neither might be a bad choice, but both teams just have such good defences. I'm considering starting Purdy after watching the Jags almost walk all over the Ravens D if not for throwing so many points away. SF just has so many weapons for Purdy with Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle and CMC heavily involved in the passing game, and with Baltimore losing Mitchell last night to a season ending injury their run game is now essentially Lamar and short yard runs with Gus Edwards.
After looking more into Cook in FF, I stand corrected. He's been really good over the last several games.

But I'll stay skeptical with the Rams WRs. I've had both all season and through most of the middle parts of the year (weeks 3-13ish), they haven't been all that great. Puka has only had 3 decent weeks out of the last 9 or so and Kupp has finally just started to perform. I do hope they're both elite the rest of the way as I'll at least have one in (if not both) over the next couple weeks, but they have more to prove to me.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
After looking more into Cook in FF, I stand corrected. He's been really good over the last several games.

But I'll stay skeptical with the Rams WRs. I've had both all season and through most of the middle parts of the year (weeks 3-13ish), they haven't been all that great. Puka has only had 3 decent weeks out of the last 9 or so and Kupp has finally just started to perform. I do hope they're both elite the rest of the way as I'll at least have one in (if not both) over the next couple weeks, but they have more to prove to me.
I think whats more important to look at with the Rams receivers is their numbers in games where both Stafford and Williams were in the lineup and when they finished the games. All 4 of them (Stafford, Williams, Nacua, and Kupp) have all either missed time due to injury or played through injuries, but they all appear to finally be healthy the past 3 weeks.

In 1/2ppr format:
Puka averaged 14.31 with Kyren and Stafford playing the full game, and 11.53 without.
Kupp averaged 16.48 with Kyren and Stafford playing the full game, and 4.35 without.
Their value is even higher in full ppr format.

I think if you have them both they should be locked in as starters either as WR1/2 or Flex 1/2 depending on league format unless you have a top 5 RB/WR to play in front of either of them, and you should be pretty confident that they're going to give you good production.

In the past 3 weeks, which coincides with Stafford being removed from the injury report due to his thumb injury, and Kupp being removed from the injury report due to his ankle sprain the two have averaged a combined 32.23 fantasy points in 1/2 ppr.

Personally I think these two as a combo are about as sure thing as you're going to get this time of the year now that everyone is healthy on the Rams.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
12-2 regular season in my league of record. No bye's though, 8 team playoff.

Lost by 5 to the 8th place team. Raiders D scored 26 against me.

Fantasy football sucks sometimes.

Still have 3 teams going to semis out of 5, but my best team is out and don't love my chances for any of the others.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
12-2 regular season in my league of record. No bye's though, 8 team playoff.

Lost by 5 to the 8th place team. Raiders D scored 26 against me.

Fantasy football sucks sometimes.

Still have 3 teams going to semis out of 5, but my best team is out and don't love my chances for any of the others.
Who did you have? Feel like a lot of Bijan and Ekeler owners probably pissed this week because their coaches f***ed you in fantasy. I luckily still won in a blowout with Ekeler in because I have Cook, Williams and Kupp. Not making that mistake this week. Ekeler is firmly cemented to my bench because I have no idea what his usage will be like. My hardest choice this week for my final flex spot is do I play ETN, K9 or Devonta Smith.

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
This week was the week my fantasy team lost to a team that still has Daniel Jones and Nick Chubb on their active roster.

ysy1KzP.png

• Haha
Reactions: McFlyingV

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Who did you have? Feel like a lot of Bijan and Ekeler owners probably pissed this week because their coaches f***ed you in fantasy. I luckily still won in a blowout with Ekeler in because I have Cook, Williams and Kupp. Not making that mistake this week. Ekeler is firmly cemented to my bench because I have no idea what his usage will be like. My hardest choice this week for my final flex spot is do I play ETN, K9 or Devonta Smith.
Saquon was probably the biggest disappointment, then I needed Lockett to get 10.2 PPR points last night and he did not get close.

It was superflex, I started: Josh Allen, Stafford, Montgomery, Mostert, Saquon, CD, Puka, Lockett, Njoku, KC D, McPherson.

Didn't have a terrible week but no one really went off except Njoku and really the defense was the difference (26 for him vs. 7 for me).

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I think whats more important to look at with the Rams receivers is their numbers in games where both Stafford and Williams were in the lineup and when they finished the games. All 4 of them (Stafford, Williams, Nacua, and Kupp) have all either missed time due to injury or played through injuries, but they all appear to finally be healthy the past 3 weeks.

In 1/2ppr format:
Puka averaged 14.31 with Kyren and Stafford playing the full game, and 11.53 without.
Kupp averaged 16.48 with Kyren and Stafford playing the full game, and 4.35 without.
Their value is even higher in full ppr format.

I think if you have them both they should be locked in as starters either as WR1/2 or Flex 1/2 depending on league format unless you have a top 5 RB/WR to play in front of either of them, and you should be pretty confident that they're going to give you good production.

In the past 3 weeks, which coincides with Stafford being removed from the injury report due to his thumb injury, and Kupp being removed from the injury report due to his ankle sprain the two have averaged a combined 32.23 fantasy points in 1/2 ppr.

Personally I think these two as a combo are about as sure thing as you're going to get this time of the year now that everyone is healthy on the Rams.
Alright...going with your GM skills...I'm leaving both in for tonight's matchup against the 'Aints and leaving Metcalf on the bench against a bad Titans team.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Did catch a loss when the eagles offense finally shit the bed for a whole game against the cowboys. But 14-1 and my matchups are looking pure. I have only good problems really assuming no flare-ups injury-wise.

Have to pick two from
-Taylor who will be a lock if he has a full practice especially if Moss is out.
-Kamara against a strong rams front
-Hubbard against a poor packers D
-Pacheco against a questionable Raiders D
-theoretically I could start Rashee Rice but very unlikely

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Did catch a loss when the eagles offense finally shit the bed for a whole game against the cowboys. But 14-1 and my matchups are looking pure. I have only good problems really assuming no flare-ups injury-wise.

Have to pick two from
-Taylor who will be a lock if he has a full practice especially if Moss is out.
-Kamara against a strong rams front
-Hubbard against a poor packers D
-Pacheco against a questionable Raiders D
-theoretically I could start Rashee Rice but very unlikely
Kamara has been an automatic 12-25 points all season. Tough to bench him no matter who their opponent is.

Reactions: Ratbath

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Kamara has been an automatic 12-25 points all season. Tough to bench him no matter who their opponent is.

Haha, and yet here we are. It would be very fantasy football for me to lose this week after being a juggernaut all season long

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Alright...going with your GM skills...I'm leaving both in for tonight's matchup against the 'Aints and leaving Metcalf on the bench against a bad Titans team.
Turned out alright. Can't complain with 36+ points in 1/2 ppr between the two. Even better if you're full ppr. Kupp also dropped two touchdown passes so we almost feasted. I'm ride or dying with the Rams 3-headed monster.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I'm jumping cold cuz i just discovered this forum again (forgot it existed)..

Quick start/sit question....
Advice needed (10 team, ppr)

Need to play 2/4.. (3, if you think third guy is a better play than Evans in my flex...)

Bijan, Swift, Achane, Conner

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
I'm jumping cold cuz i just discovered this forum again (forgot it existed)..

Quick start/sit question....
Advice needed (10 team, ppr)

Need to play 2/4.. (3, if you think third guy is a better play than Evans in my flex...)

Bijan, Swift, Achane, Conner

I’d start Swift for sure and I’d probably leave Achane off. Conner obviously the hot hand between him and Bijan but not as good a matchup. I’d likely lean Conner but that is a tough one because if Bijan doesn’t put up a bagel last week I would probably be saying choose him. Both seem more questionable than Evans by a decent margin

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So I'm about seven points up going into Monday night and my opponent still has Lamar...but I can start either of Waller or Likely at TE in a PPR...do I go with Likely trying to siphon off Jackson or just go with Waller? I do think Waller's the slightly better bet considering it's unlikely Likely goes off a third straight game against the Niners, but of course there's always the health issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad