2023 Season Discussion Thread

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Going to need some wild luck to keep my undefeated season alive. My players on bye this week are Hurts, Mostert, Pacheco, AJ Brown, and Tyreek. I had to leave the kicker slot open or I would have had to drop Pacheco. Taylor starting nicely at least
You should look to trade one of Brown or Hill for a RB. With Achane back, Mostert's snap count is about to be cut big time.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
You should look to trade one of Brown or Hill for a RB. With Achane back, Mostert's snap count is about to be cut big time.

I also have Taylor, Kamara and Ford. Not even worried about it. Barely squeezed the win even without my top guys to go 10-0

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Had Burrow, Cupp, and Achane all in my lineup this week. Brutal.
I was fortunate to forget to set my lineup and left him on IR, however I had Mark Andrews and Kenny Walker (and Diontae Johnson) in this league so I’ll need Hurts and AJ to run it up and stay in first place. I’m short on RB’s in this league, too

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
started out 6-0 and unless kelce gets under 15 pts tonight, i'll be 6-5 after this week. sweet

combination of players underachieving, bench players outscoring starters, and opponents just going off against me,

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Fields or Dobbs tomorrow? Tempted to go Dobbs as I also have Addison and Hockenson, but fields/the bears might be po laying from behind most of the game so there’s potential for garbage points

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Defending my title won't happen this year - was officially eliminated last night. (3-9)

Again, going back to what I said a few posts ago - all of my losses have been due to shit luck. I have the second highest point total in my league, but it won't matter in the end. My favorite week was playing against my cousin who was inactive for 5 weeks in a row suddenly decides to get involved and hands me yet another loss.

Devonte Adams and Devonta Smith have been such busts for me, it's been unbelievable. Jakobi Meyers started out hot, but has now tailed off. Christian Watson never lived up to his potential, etc..

If I had to redo my draft strategy, I probably would've just chosen BPA at every turn (which I am currently thinking of doing for next season)

Anyone have any advice how to ride out the season? This is a family-only redraft league.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Defending my title won't happen this year - was officially eliminated last night. (3-9)

Again, going back to what I said a few posts ago - all of my losses have been due to shit luck. I have the second highest point total in my league, but it won't matter in the end. My favorite week was playing against my cousin who was inactive for 5 weeks in a row suddenly decides to get involved and hands me yet another loss.

Devonte Adams and Devonta Smith have been such busts for me, it's been unbelievable. Jakobi Meyers started out hot, but has now tailed off. Christian Watson never lived up to his potential, etc..

If I had to redo my draft strategy, I probably would've just chosen BPA at every turn (which I am currently thinking of doing for next season)

Anyone have any advice how to ride out the season? This is a family-only redraft league.

If theres no keeper and no payouts to be had, just start your guys and let everyone else make adds

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Fields or Dobbs tomorrow? Tempted to go Dobbs as I also have Addison and Hockenson, but fields/the bears might be po laying from behind most of the game so there’s potential for garbage points
Had Fields in what should have been an easy walk-off victory. Lost by 2 points. QB's suck this year.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was down by 70 points going into that game, so I needed an explosion from all of Fields/Dobbs, Addison, and Hockenson. Obviously that was unrealistic, I was just glad I didn’t go Dobbs :laugh:
There was a matchup in one of my leagues that had Fields vs. Dobbs, Fields had 3.08 more points and won by 3.58 with Trevor Lawrence on the bench.

I have Fields in my other league and he had two great games before getting hurt, but I’m fortunate that I had Kyler on IR who’ve I now kept and picked up Purdy early in the year, which has been great since I have Kittle and CMC.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
There was a matchup in one of my leagues that had Fields vs. Dobbs, Fields had 3.08 more points and won by 3.58 with Trevor Lawrence on the bench.

I have Fields in my other league and he had two great games before getting hurt, but I’m fortunate that I had Kyler on IR who’ve I now kept and picked up Purdy early in the year, which has been great since I have Kittle and CMC.
Damn lol. Who’s leaving TLaw on the bench though?

My other league is a super flex league, so I’m currently rocking Purdy (along with CMC as well) and Kyler, who I drafted late and hung on to.

Reactions: GKJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Damn lol. Who’s leaving TLaw on the bench though?

My other league is a super flex league, so I’m currently rocking Purdy (along with CMC as well) and Kyler, who I drafted late and hung on to.
I got a text from him after he played the 49ers saying that Lawrence was the most overrated player in the league.

• Haha
Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With one week left in the regular season I am 1st place in both leagues I’m in. In one I have it on lock and the other I’m tied. Clinched byes in both. 🫡

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
13-0. Of course I am projected to face the #2 scoring team in the first round and injuries have been springing up.

Thinking of dropping the cowboys d/st. Been so great for me all year but they finish the season against the eagles, lions, dolphins and bills. I think I’d rather stream like the jets or Philly against Washington or the giants

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
started 6-0. finished 7-7 and missed the playoffs. not sure how that's possible, but i pulled it off

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
RB and K are the only places I haven't had to completely remake my roster in a league in which I'm 7-7 and finished 5th due to being the highest scoring 7-7 team. Heading into the first round of the playoffs my QB is Jake Browning and my receivers are London, Odell and Parker Washington.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
5/5 in making playoffs but no bye's. Finished 1st in one league but of course that leagues is an 8 team playoff.

Anything can happen in 1 week in fantasy football, good luck everyone.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
QB: Lamar/Purdy, WR: JJ/Kupp, RB: Kyren Williams/James Cook, Flex: Nacua/Etienne, TE: Kittle

Bench:
Stafford
Devonta Smith
Kenneth Walker
Ekeler

Flex league, not Superflex unfortunately. Am I winning this year?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad