GDT: 2023 Running Preseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
3-2 CBJ Fantilli! Good shot from the middle but more because it was sneaky rather than a hard shot (maybe accurate or difficult location for the goalie).

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
And I thought Jack Edwards was a super-homer. I want to strangle these announcers.
These SOBs can’t shut up long enough to hear the ref’s penalty call announcements. They talk right over the ref

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Great finish by the entire team. Has me thrilled for the start of the season.

Got my tickets to star wars night already!

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Good win, though again I think everyone is just waiting for the regular season to start.

Importantly, Elvis played good tonight.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Nice win, good perseverance.
Jenner almost blew it when he didn't clear the puck on that 5on 3 - and Laine with that brutal giveaway - but Elvis came up big.

Lers go for game 1 on Wednesday!

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Good to see Elvis ending the preseason on a solid game. Jiricek looked good, maybe he'll actually make the team. Severson is getting to form. Provorov took too many penalties. Sillinger did some good stuff after getting the promotion.

Ready for the real stuff

Reactions: Napoli

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
Werenski - Jiricek & Provorov - Severson is a very solid top 4. You can see it the quality too, they are calm on the puck, especially Severson, he impressed. That should be the starting top 4. No more Peeke, Boqvist, Bean slotted into spots they can't play. Bean sucks btw, I realize he's been out forever but there's no way he should be playing come Wednesday.

Since Gudbranson has to play for some reason, I'd start like this:

Werenski - Jiricek
Provorov - Severson
Blanks - Gud

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
That's the best game out of Elvis in a very long time. If we see that more often than not this year we are indeed in business! Also I approve of the Vincent blender in the 3rd and it worked out!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
That's the best game out of Elvis in a very long time. If we see that more often than not this year we are indeed in business! Also I approve of the Vincent blender in the 3rd and it worked out!
Assuming Sillinger and co. make the team, does Vincent go with the lines that have been working (JG-Laine-Marchenko) or the lines that worked tonight?

Reactions: Indy18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad