GDT: 2023 Running Preseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Yeah wow, either Provorov totally saved it, or made it so weird that it's inconclusive. Great effort either way.

Edit: Meh it's a goal on the replay net angle... 2-1 WSH. Great effort anyway.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Playing that stupid defensive scheme again but looks like its a bit less aggressive. Washington a couple times has shown the problem that type of defense has. Couple quick passes and someone will be open. Kind of a system where you could give up a bunch of outside shots but limit the high danger chances. Problem is you have to trust Elvis to get those outside shots that likely have multiple bodies in front of him

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
I feel like we're just taking it easy waiting for the season to start. Hopefully the end of period shenanigans will fire us up for the third.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I feel like we're just taking it easy waiting for the season to start. Hopefully the end of period shenanigans will fire us up for the third.
Or atleast Gudbranson. Winning the game in a preseason is whatever, seeing a Gudbranson/Wilson fight would be must watch tv

Reactions: majormajor

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I really dislike how NHL refs always give the matching penalties. Like Wilson should be the only one in the box if he's the one jumping on a guy
Agreed,

It absolves them from actually have to analyze and think thus preventing them from having to make a real decision. It makes the game worse.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Cool east-west passing in transition but would be nice to also see some sustained pressure in Caps zone at some point.
1st line had couple promising shifts in the 2nd but otherwise they're not even close. Team being this soft on puck battles is painful to watch. Vincent can't be happy with the performance....

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Voronkov is in front of a tv somewhere writing down numbers for posterity!

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
The defense looks so much better with Provorov and Severson. They are so much calmer with the puck, its just nice to see.

Is there something wrong with the ice that has made most of our forwards, skate pass pucks, miss easy passes? Seems like everyone is having a rough night. That said, the transition break is on if they could just string together a pass and stop going for the fancy play.

Elvis looks meh to me. That's saying something as he's having one of his good games too. He looks slow to react to pucks and as always, overplaying angles.

Hopefully they can get an early goal and settle themselves down a bit, would be nice to get a W before the season starts.

Reactions: majormajor

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I'd love to know you unbiased opinion on how Laine plays center?
Btw, Texier is so underrated. I said don't see European stats, they are misleading.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I know Gudbranson is an overpaid 3rd D man but he's a man you don't wanna F**k with. I want him to start leveling more people than just Oshie...I want him to make a run on Wilson too!
He needs to start breaking faces again, he's getting paid a lot and it's not for defensive prowess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad