2023 NHL Draft Thread: Get hard for Connor Bedard

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'd honestly take edstrom over those 3. He's clearly developing at a high rate with a 6'3 190 lb frame as a center and cracked the SHL this year where he did well. He was not even projected as top 96 guy by bob McKenzie earlier this year, which to me shows upward trajectory in his future.
I'm actually pretty high on Edstrom. Of the centers who should be available at 21, I would not mind the Wild picking him. I'd love for them to trade back and still snag him, if that's possible. I'm just saying that if there's a huge talent still available that outclasses what they expect Edstrom to be, probably they should take that first.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I think Edstrom might be a little early at pick 21. I expect him to go early 2nd round. Perhaps we could swing Addison+Vegas 2nd for an early 2nd round pick.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think Edstrom might be a little early at pick 21. I expect him to go early 2nd round. Perhaps we could swing Addison+Vegas 2nd for an early 2nd round pick.

Was thinking maybe 21+MIN 2nd for 17-18 and Addison+VGK 2nd for mid 30s

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I like it if it yields a couple of prospects like Danielson/Yager at 17 and Edstrom/Strbak/Fisker Molgaard/Wahlberg in the mid 30s

Yeah my thinking based on Bob's list was Danielson/Yager at 17 and Edstrom in the mid 30s so we're on the same page. I admit I don't know much about any of the other guys so I'll defer to others.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anyone watch UConn? Matthew wood checks a ton of boxes. If we wasn’t a bad skater he’s probably a top 10 pick. He has a lot of similarities to Robertson. Elite sense (I can tell these type of things from highlights btw), high end shot, etc.
If he was a good skater he'd be a top 6-7 guy. I've liked him, a lot, when i've watched him, and would take him at #21, even though he is a wing. Skilled, smart, and big. I didn't even think his skating looked that bad. Not physical, but with that size, and his puck skills, he can play keep away like Boldy is starting to.

Robertson isn't a bad comp. He was excoriated for his poor skating at the draft, yet all i saw when i watched him was a guy who knew how to play, and made the right decsisions.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I've been watching/listening to a couple NHL mock drafts on YouTube. First one had us taking Musty and the second one had us taking Honzek. Is Honzek a center or a wing? I've seen some mocks list him as a left winger and others as a center.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I've been watching/listening to a couple NHL mock drafts on YouTube. First one had us taking Musty and the second one had us taking Honzek. Is Honzek a center or a wing? I've seen some mocks list him as a left winger and others as a center.

He was a LW in Vancouver

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I see that now from Bob's article. I wonder if he is capable of playing center.

I wouldn't bet on it myself. Most guys who aren't playing C in the CHL don't become C's in the NHL. But that's just my bet, doesn't mean he couldn't.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Ritchie, Felix Nilsson, and Cam Allen have been my thoughts for awhile with the first 3 picks, not far off based on McKenzie's rankings, though I may be giving Allen too much credit, he does fall in line with the Lambos/Hunt/Haight line of thought from Brackett though.

Wildabeast

Jan 28, 2022
If he was a good skater he'd be a top 6-7 guy. I've liked him, a lot, when i've watched him, and would take him at #21, even though he is a wing. Skilled, smart, and big. I didn't even think his skating looked that bad. Not physical, but with that size, and his puck skills, he can play keep away like Boldy is starting to.

Robertson isn't a bad comp. He was excoriated for his poor skating at the draft, yet all i saw when i watched him was a guy who knew how to play, and made the right decsisions.

Just moved to Dallas and wasn't able to pay attention to Robertson until recently, and my god, his skating is actually god awful and definitely hurts his game. It's a testament to the rest of his game that he was so successful because it's seriously so bad.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
On a trampoline
The old internet cliche, "Pics, or it didn't happen", applies.

This is the year that i want a move up into the early second round. At least 2-3 of Edstrom, Stenberg, Wahlstrom, Nelson, Stramel should still be around then, but could well be gone later in the 2nd. I want at least one of them, but two would be perfect.

Prospects thin out by the time it gets to where we pick in the 2nd, at least for C prospects.

We should be able to move up, or outright trade for such a pick using Addison(not that i am advocating that we trade him. I think it's crazy, but Evason seems to have a problem with him).

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
The old internet cliche, "Pics, or it didn't happen", applies.

This is the year that i want a move up into the early second round. At least 2-3 of Edstrom, Stenberg, Wahlstrom, Nelson, Stramel should still be around then, but could well be gone later in the 2nd. I want at least one of them, but two would be perfect.

Prospects thin out by the time it gets to where we pick in the 2nd, at least for C prospects.

We should be able to move up, or outright trade for such a pick using Addison(not that i am advocating that we trade him. I think it's crazy, but Evason seems to have a problem with him).
Wouldn’t be shocked if Stenberg goes top 20. Nelson would be a nice 2nd round target. Plus he’s MG—one of us.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wouldn’t be shocked if Stenberg goes top 20. Nelson would be a nice 2nd round target. Plus he’s MG—one of us.
I wonder if Heidt might not be a guy who drops due to size concerns, and ends up being a steal?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I wonder if Heidt might not be a guy who drops due to size concerns, and ends up being a steal?
I think we need to differentiate between height and weight. Because Rossi has size concerns due to his lack of strength. But Zuccs is small but doesn't have the strength issue.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i don't think theres a snowball chance danielson drops to #21. im getting worried my fav sam honzek might go to hawks at #19, hopefully they will pick cristall since hes friends with bedard. then seattle hopefully will pick a D man and not honzek. seattle lacks D prospects. part 2 i really think we have a better chance at picking a 20-25G scoring winger than a stud C at #21.

Last edited:

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Yeah, maybe a similar story to Firkus/Stankoven. Late 1st/early-ish 2nd, just projecting off size.

I would put my money on Cristall being picked before Heidt, but that will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad