2023 NHL Draft Thread: Get hard for Connor Bedard

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Here’s a good page where you can stat watch all the top draft eligible: Elite Prospects - NHL Draft Center

I would go ahead and filter out any right handed players; we won’t draft them.

Just stat watching, but I Carlsson, Dvorsky, Will Smith look to be producing pretty well and are at least listed as centers. I really like Yager and Fantilli from what I’ve seen of them.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Refuse to think about it. I definitely want us to win at least one playoff series this year, which will take us into picking in the mid 20's, when the pickings tend to get thin for "impact' players.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Haven't started researching this year yet, but just clicking on the link in the OP and sorting by total points, that Connor Bedard (C) guy seems pretty intriguing.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Even if the Wild were to finish with the worst record in the League, you just know our luck would prohibit us from winning the lottery and picking Bedard.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Haven't started researching this year yet, but just clicking on the link in the OP and sorting by total points, that Connor Bedard (C) guy seems pretty intriguing.
Looks a bit tall for my liking

Even if the Wild were to finish with the worst record in the League, you just know our luck would prohibit us from winning the lottery and picking Bedard.
There’s still some other guys in the top 10 that can be franchise defining guys imo. I don’t know about the depth, but the top end of this draft class looks really, really good. Different from the last couple of years. I think there’s at least 3 guys in this draft that would’ve gone 1OA last year. Maybe more.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
even if we only just miss the playoffs and pick say #15 i really believe in judds magic. if we hit bedard , fantilli, or michkov(?) would be cinderella story 18th hole augusta!

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
We should trade Zuccs and Dumba at the deadline to get as many draft picks as possible.

Awful start, but I still feel certain that the Wild will challenge for a playoff spot and that being the case, there would be zero chance of BG trading Zuccarello. Dumba not so certain.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Awful start, but I still feel certain that the Wild will challenge for a playoff spot and that being the case, there would be zero chance of BG trading Zuccarello. Dumba not so certain.
Sort of a Catch22 thing with Dumba. If he is playing well, then he will be a valuable part of a stretch run and into the playoffs, and also have a fair amount of trade value (mid/late 1st + decent or better prospect). If he isn't, his value will be something like a 2nd.

I will say that trading him at the TDL takes away one thing that has been an impediment to him being moved- his cap hit.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Depends on what the record is after 10 games. But BG should absolutely look at moving Zuccs sooner than later. Boldy has shown he can be the creative winger they need on that line.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I don’t really see the point in moving Zucc. I love watching him and KK97 together. If we’re getting 1st+ sure, but I don’t see many teams lining up to do that. I think most people know he won’t be nearly the same player without 97.
Cap space, getting younger, deep draft.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don’t really see the point in moving Zucc. I love watching him and KK97 together. If we’re getting 1st+ sure, but I don’t see many teams lining up to do that. I think most people know he won’t be nearly the same player without 97.
Zucc, will fetch a 1st +, absolutely. With the cap going up, his cap hit will be reasonable. for a team in contention wanting to strengthen their top 6. His ability to play with talented offensive players will surely be noted, as will his positive energy. It's not like he was dogshit in NY, or even Dallas.

I just don't think it always the right move to trade away talented players, especially if you run the risk of alienating your most talented player. Draft picks are nice, and I'm glad that Guerin is loading up on them(at least relative to previous GM's), but the failure rate on them is very high. Just look at some of our best players. Spurgeon- 6th round, Kap- 5th, Zucc- undrafted. Not exactly high rounders.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Zucc, will fetch a 1st +, absolutely. With the cap going up, his cap hit will be reasonable. for a team in contention wanting to strengthen their top 6. His ability to play with talented offensive players will surely be noted, as will his positive energy. It's not like he was dogshit in NY, or even Dallas.

I just don't think it always the right move to trade away talented players, especially if you run the risk of alienating your most talented player. Draft picks are nice, and I'm glad that Guerin is loading up on them(at least relative to previous GM's), but the failure rate on them is very high. Just look at some of our best players. Spurgeon- 6th round, Kap- 5th, Zucc- undrafted. Not exactly high rounders.
Spurgeon and Zuccs were signings. Spurgeon was also considered undersized. Also how many 5th rounders did we select before we hit on Kaprizov?

More bullets = bigger chance to hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1