2023 NHL Draft Thread: Get hard for Connor Bedard

Status
Not open for further replies.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I’d have to find the articles. I think part of it was outside of elite speed his game is average and his hockey iq is not what they like in a center. I’d still go for him and be happy but some people have doubts and I don’t watch enough to debate them.
With some coaching I think he has great tools to be a center. Speed kills, he’s got good playmaking, and his shot is underrated. I think he’s a nice prospect.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think "tunnel vision" is a phrase I've heard a tad too much with him (Moore) for my liking,

I'd definitely take him at #21. Just don't know if I'd pay a lot to trade up for him.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
With some coaching I think he has great tools to be a center. Speed kills, he’s got good playmaking, and his shot is underrated. I think he’s a nice prospect.
I won’t disagree that he would be a nice prospect. I just hesitate anytime someone says they see him more as a wing instead of a center simply because we need people to stick at center. His speed is amazing though I’d happily take him and hope for the best I just will be less shocked now if he does convert to wing.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’d have to find the articles. I think part of it was outside of elite speed his game is average and his hockey iq is not what they like in a center. I’d still go for him and be happy but some people have doubts and I don’t watch enough to debate them.
This is what I have seen too. I can't remember if it was from an article or if it was one of the main board mock drafts.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The main point is that no one is disputing that Danielson and Dvorsky will end up as NHL C's while some have questioned Moore's(and Heidt's, and Yager's, and Brindley's) ability to play C in the NHL.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The main point is that no one is disputing that Danielson and Dvorsky will end up as NHL C's while some have questioned Moore's(and Heidt's, and Yager's, and Brindley's) ability to play C in the NHL.
It’s basically just drawing a line at 6’ and placing a ‘?’ Next to everyone under it, and historically it’s been pretty accurate

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The second round is the most intriguing for me. We are seeing more and more where 2nd round picks are becoming more valuable.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The second round is the most intriguing for me. We are seeing more and more where 2nd round picks are becoming more valuable.
It's having to do with the forward depth in this draft. Usually, the 2nd is where you pick up your good sized, moderately talented, but useful Dmen, or your promising, but not overly so goalies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It's having to do with the forward depth in this draft. Usually, the 2nd is where you pick up your good sized, moderately talented, but useful Dmen, or your promising, but not overly so goalies.
That's fair. There are going to be some damn good forwards that drop to the top of the 2nd round.

Reactions: 57special
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland