Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Seravalli saying that Askarov is "in play"

If it can get us a sure fire, no miss 1C, I could live with it. Assuming he will extend when the time comes Saros should be Vezina caliber for another 2-3 years and solid for another 5 or 6 years.

But it will give me great anxiety/buyers remorse if it happens
This will be a mistake. Saros should be the one shopped not askarov. The timeline matches up for askarov and you look at the western conference… just my opinion of course but do not like reading this info.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's the draft host's responsibility to make a trade so that Bettman can get a huge cheer when he announces it and says their team. He lives for those moments. Don't let him down, Trotz.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
This will be a mistake. Saros should be the one shopped not askarov. The timeline matches up for askarov and you look at the western conference… just my opinion of course but do not like reading this info.
Was going to post something similar. If a goalie has to go, Saros gets the better return and Askarov fits the timeline of a rebuild. I'd just sign a two-year band-aid in the meantime.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If you move Saros you are taking a double gamble, one that Askarov pans out and another that the pick you moved him for pans out. If you move Askarov the only gamble you are really making is that the pick pans out. GM's are only going to take so many gambles.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
If you move Saros you are taking a double gamble, one that Askarov pans out and another that the pick you moved him for pans out. If you move Askarov the only gamble you are really making is that the pick pans out. GM's are only going to take so many gambles.
You're also kind of gambling if you trade either that the one won't suffer a debilitating injury or anything else like that. Just do not like the idea from any of the possible angles.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
You're also kind of gambling if you trade either that the one won't suffer a debilitating injury or anything else like that. Just do not like the idea from any of the possible angles.
I don't really count that because its a gamble with every single player in the league. Only reason I factor injury in is if a guy has a history of it.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Any trade you're looking to make comes with a ton of gambles.

I'm looking at both assets and I see Saros's value as high as it's ever going to be. It's also somewhat of a gamble to hold onto him as he could have a mediocre season and his value plummets.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
I totally get this perspective but if our window is [x] years out rather than now, keeping Saros includes the risk that he is at the same level or an acceptable level when the time comes. Almost certainly a lower risk but still a risk and more the further out you think the window is.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

I'm looking at both assets and I see Saros's value as high as it's ever going to be. It's also somewhat of a gamble to hold onto him as he could have a mediocre season and his value plummets.
I think you need to remember that the teams we're trying to trade with are rebuilding. There are 2 years left on Saros' contract. They aren't going to win a Stanley Cup in those 2 years. So Askarov may fit their timeline much better.

Saros would have more value to a Toronto, Edmonton, etc who are in their Cup windows already. But not to teams holding a top-5 draft pick.

Reactions: Armourboy

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I was in a mass of suits outside and didn’t occur to me that it was players until people started getting autographs. I just always forget how young these guys are.

Reactions: PredsV82

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
I too would rather trade Saros over Askarov.

As long as we have him as our starter, we'll be mediocre at worst like we've been for the last few years, so why not trade him now when his value is high and go for another high draft pick next year too

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I went to buy draft tickets the day they were avail for Sth. All I could find were club ga tickets. Look down in the lower bowl and see half of 103 is filled with hawks fans. Keep the red out guys!

Reactions: PredsV82

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

No one in the top of the draft is going to want Saros. They are all looking 3+ years if not longer down the road and he doesn't fit that time frame.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I think you need to remember that the teams we're trying to trade with are rebuilding. There are 2 years left on Saros' contract. They aren't going to win a Stanley Cup in those 2 years. So Askarov may fit their timeline much better.

Saros would have more value to a Toronto, Edmonton, etc who are in their Cup windows already. But not to teams holding a top-5 draft pick.
True why would the Sharks have any interest in Saros?
Plot twist: Trotz trading for Bron

Yeah for 1st round. They were cheap. Tomorrow was free but we not going.
why trade just sign him as a FA. Doing so would force ESPN to cover hockey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad