Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Trotz will do something. Maybe he'll move #15 to #11, maybe he'll package #24 and a 2nd to move up to #22. Maybe he'll swap out a 4th or 5th round pick for a 2024 pick. Moves will happen. I predict I won't really like them, whatever they are. But at the same time, we're going to get 3 or 4 really good prospects regardless, so it's going to be fun and exciting even if some of those small details aren't ideal.

EDIT: And I should add, a bunch of other teams are going to make a bunch of other moves, so even outside of what Trotz does, there is going to be a lot of action. It's Christmas in late June for us hockey nerds.
:xcheers:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I’m looking forward to seeing this live. Mainly just to see the setup, watch the floor buzz, and kind of people watch throughout the night. I’m not looking forward to what is likely to be an obnoxious amount of Chicago fans.
The last one here years ago was pretty awesome to go too. I didn't understand things as much back then but it was cool to see.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I feel like we’ll do something relatively big today (trade up to top 5, trade for Lindholm/DeBrincat, completely out of left field trade). Even if we don’t though having so many picks in the first two rounds will still make this a fun draft.

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I voted yes, into top 5. Trotz seems almost Captain Ahab-ish about this.

And it's gonna cost us both of our other 1sts, and/or next year's 1st, and two of Askarov, Kemell, Evangelista, and I'm gonna hate it, the player he drafts is gonna be a bust, and Trotz will be remembered for plunging us into a decade of suck.

HabsPreds

Jun 15, 2023
Tennessee

And it's gonna cost us both of our other 1sts, and/or next year's 1st, and two of Askarov, Kemell, Evangelista, and I'm gonna hate it, the player he drafts is gonna be a bust, and Trotz will be remembered for plunging us into a decade of suck.
Captain Optimism! :)

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I feel like we’ll do something relatively big today (trade up to top 5, trade for Lindholm/DeBrincat, completely out of left field trade). Even if we don’t though having so many picks in the first two rounds will still make this a fun draft.
We gonna sponge up some cap dumps or take some decent players from a team or two that need to make space

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I agree. I think we acquire more picks/prospects today by taking on cap hit. That is the move/moves I expect. I also assume we move around this draft board concentrating some of this prospect class and pushing some of it to next year to spread the love.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019

The white whale is out there! Stay positive. :nod:

• Haha

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

Someone would obviously take that package because it really shouldn’t require that much. The 2 1sts this year plus one of those 3 should cover it. I’d hate it today but potentially love it by 2025 maybe.

Of course your take is the one of amped up negativity and I can totally relate to all of that happening too hah.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I’m looking forward to seeing this live. Mainly just to see the setup, watch the floor buzz, and kind of people watch throughout the night. I’m not looking forward to what is likely to be an obnoxious amount of Chicago fans.
It was loads of fun last time it was in Nashville. Probably a lot more corporate this time around but Nashvillians have a way of putting their marks on historically staid events to liven them up. Goalie Boy was assigned to the Pittsburgh table down on the floor (was selected as one of the kids who assist the teams) in 2003 and said that the brass kept mentioning how it was so much more fun and not like it had been in the previous site (I can't remember now if he said Toronto or Montreal) Also that the Nashville crowd is "crazy" ha! No doubt it gave the next draft a blueprint to making it more fan friendly.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I feel like if we’re doing anything they are going to wait to announce it during the draft to build the hype.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Just a gut feeling: I think the Preds ability to get into the top 7 is directly tied to who Anaheim and Columbus take.

I believe Leonard, Musty and Wood are their targets.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
If the deal is #5 for #15, #24 and Carrier. That is a slight overpay but do it.

EDIT; like a 4th pick overpay

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Yep. Rumor on the main board is Philly is willing to package 7, 22, + to get into top 5. Pretty big value Difference between 7 and 15. It would take atleast an Askarov to bridge the gap to get into top 5.
Bingo, We aren't going to be the only ones offering. I bet we are going to have to give so much it's stupid to make this deal...which is why I don't think we will do it. 15th is such a long way to drop for a team trading out of the top 5. It's honestly not realistic for a team rebuilding and could be a good way to get fired to be frank.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
There is basically no way we can ever beat a Philly offer that includes a #7 pick.

The only other avenue that could have hypothetically let us in would be if a team needed to cut Cap or had some form of money trouble that we could help solve. But Montreal is a big market with lots of money, and not too many rebuilding teams are in any big Cap crunch. Montreal maybe has a few bad-ish contracts they wouldn't mind getting rid of, but "wouldn't mind" puts no pressure on them to do so via trading their #5 pick.

So we're not getting that pick.

Captain Trotz is just going to have to chase his white whale some other time, some other way. There ARE other fish in the ocean. Somewhere. Go find those other ones.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Bingo, We aren't going to be the only ones offering. I bet we are going to have to give so much it's stupid to make this deal...which is why I don't think we will do it. 15th is such a long way to drop for a team trading out of the top 5. It's honestly not realistic for a team rebuilding and could be a good way to get fired to be frank.
I feel like we may be able to move up to vancouvers spot if he take a bad contract from them but thats probably about as far forward we will be able to move but who knows. Trotz has his eyes on the top 5.... he may make a move that gives us all alot of heartbrun

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad