Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I give this draft a solid B.

Obviously, got a top player in Wood.

I think there were better options than Molendyk, although I now understand that pick better.

It's kind of surprising they didn't take any more defenseman. It also seems that there would've been more skilled players available with our 2nd round picks and instead they went with safer picks. This is the same staff that drafted Evangelista in the 2nd round couple years back so have to give those picks some time.

Kiiskinen's a interesting one. I think they were looking for the Lehkonen with that pick. High-energy player, reliable at both ends of the ice and has some offensive touch to go with it. Don't hate that pick.

All-in-all, there were fewer "swings" than I ultimately would've thought and what Trotz even indicated before the draft.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Edgework

Jun 22, 2023
Reading about our picks and there seems to be a theme in these reports. Most of these kids scored well with their effort without the puck. Honestly, that sounds like a really good direction. Standing around on defense, the powerplay, etc. can be seen out of the building by event staff.
Great catch. Another theme I’m seeing is “high hockey IQ.” Reports will say this dude is “one of the smartest players in the draft but needs to work on skating,” or that dude is “high IQ but average shot,” etc.

You could build a heck of a squad by stockpiling players who understand the game and work hard without the puck

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Ive seen the words high compete levels around several of our drafted players. I really like that from the later rounds players. They have to have that if they are ever gonna make it to the NHL. Theyre going to want to do the things that make them better so they have the best shot possible.

Reactions: Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad