• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Now Eklund has filled me with dread

"I am hearing there is significant push by the Predators to move their second first round pick to draft a specific d-man if he is available…"

A dman is the last thing i want to move up for

Michael Gallagher
@MGsports_
"Based on what I’ve heard, if the #Preds stay where they’re at, I’d expect a speedy, athletically gifted forward at 15 and a defenseman with offensive upside like Tanner Molendyk, Etienne Morin or Mikhail Gulyayev at 24"

I'm a big Morin fan, but I was thinking with one of our 2nds...certainly not our 1st.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Michael Gallagher
@MGsports_
"Based on what I’ve heard, if the #Preds stay where they’re at, I’d expect a speedy, athletically gifted forward at 15 and a defenseman with offensive upside like Tanner Molendyk, Etienne Morin or Mikhail Gulyayev at 24"

I'm a big Morin fan, but I was thinking with one of our 2nds...certainly not our 1st.
I think Gulyayev wouldnt be a bad pick at 24 if still available.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

"I am hearing there is significant push by the Predators to move their second first round pick to draft a specific d-man if he is available…"

I dunno. We have a pretty much unrivaled record with defensemen we draft. With Ekholm gone and Josi getting long in the tooth we will need a 1st pair D in a few years

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois

Well DAMN! If that is what happens then sounds like Poile is still the GM and making decisions!

I've got no issues with drafting a D. I agree, we need a top pairing potential guy.
Except GMBT has stated he wanted to get someone that will score goals and put fans in the seats. Not sure another Dman will do that. Been saying we need a top3 or #1C guy and rumor is saying moving up for a D?

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I feel like we’ll do something relatively big today (trade up to top 5, trade for Lindholm/DeBrincat, completely out of left field trade). Even if we don’t though having so many picks in the first two rounds will still make this a fun draft.
I’m going with an out of left field move possibly as well. I have a weird feeling we are talking to the leafs about Marner or nylander…

Well DAMN! If that is what happens then sounds like Poile is still the GM and making decisions!

Except GMBT has stated he wanted to get someone that will score goals and put fans in the seats. Not sure another Dman will do that. Been saying we need a top3 or #1C guy and rumor is saying moving up for a D?
We have evangelista, kemell, L’Heureux, Svechkov, Tomasino, Schaefer, etc

We don’t have any blue chip defense prospect. I personally would be unimpressed if we don’t walk away with a solid defense prospect.

Reactions: LCPreds

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I dunno. We have a pretty much unrivaled record with defensemen we draft. With Ekholm gone and Josi getting long in the tooth we will need a 1st pair D in a few years
1st round d picks
Hamhuis
Suter
Parent
Blum
Ellis
Jones
Fabbro

2 have been busts, 1 has been in trade talk because he wasnt meeting expectations. Hamhuis, suter, jones, and ellis were all good though

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
1st round d picks
Hamhuis
Suter
Parent
Blum
Ellis
Jones
Fabbro

2 have been busts, 1 has been in trade talk because he wasnt meeting expectations. Hamhuis, suter, jones, and ellis were all good though
Doesn't just have to be 1st rounders. Weber, Josi, Klein... I trust our scouts and development department on Defensemen. And we will definitely need another Good One in 2 or 3 years

Remember that's moving the second pick for that. Doesn't mean we can't still get a forward with our other pick

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Doesn't just have to be 1st rounders. Weber, Josi, Klein... I trust our scouts and development department on Defensemen. And we will definitely need another Good One in 2 or 3 years

Remember that's moving the second pick for that. Doesn't mean we can't still get a forward with our other pick
Our 1st round has been checkered. I agree weve found good value outside the 1st round for dmen though thats why id prefer to basically spend the majority of our out of 1st round on dmen

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I don't mind picking a defenseman with our 2nd 1st, but preferably, if we don't move up, I'd want those seconds to be defensemen, that's the sweet spot for them.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think Gulyayev wouldnt be a bad pick at 24 if still available.
He's a different kind of "swing for the fences" than we've usually been talking about, but I would not be against him at #24.

If we stood pat and just drafted guys who can skate like Moore and Gulyayev, then it would certainly not be the end of the world.

Rather, it just makes it sound like Dreger is a little clueless.

But yes, I'll take the guitars, over Michkov.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois

We have 2 2nds and 3 3rds, pick a Dman then. The first two picks should be offense! And the best ones on the board!

We have plenty of Dmen. Just signed Livingstone, Stastney, Fabbro is young as is Carrier and Lauzon. Several more down in Milwaukee that just had a very good season. Talk of going D in 1st round just sounds like the same old same.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
There are 4 1sts already for Milwaukee; L'Hereux, Schkov, Kemmel, and Schaeffer. I'm all for an O/D split. 13 piicks is pretty much 2 drafts, imagine Trotz and Poile snake draft the whole thing where they split picks.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
We are lacking any high end D prospects in our pool now. Stastney and Livingstone showed some potential but probably top out at middle pairing guys. Maybe Fabbro takes the next step under Brunette. I definitely wouldn't be mad if we went defense with one of our picks.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

I know we're all concerned with our past roster building/drafting/lack of forwards, but it's a brave new world now and our defensive depth is pathetic. If Trotz sees a D he wants, I do trust him on that call.

Reactions: PredsV82

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I know we're all concerned with our past roster building/drafting/lack of forwards, but it's a brave new world now and our defensive depth is pathetic. If Trotz sees a D he wants, I do trust him on that call.
On the flip side, I'll be ready to go a little apeshit if we trade Askarov and give up way too much value to try for a home run at the top of the draft.

Reactions: PredsV82

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think the opposite... our defense DEPTH... is actually really good. We have a bunch of guys in Stastney, Livingstone, Chistyakov, Wilsby, Del Gaizo, Ufko, Kulonummi, Matier, Prokop... who have a reasonable chance of panning out as #4-6 guys. What we don't have is the next Josi, Weber, or Ekholm.

Reactions: Armourboy

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
On the flip side, I'll be ready to go a little apeshit if we trade Askarov and give up way too much value to try for a home run at the top of the draft.
Well, for me I'd rather move Askarov than either of the 1sts, tbh. I still wouldn't want to move him. And there's no way I pile up all 3 assets. But if Trotz does find a team that is looking for that magical goalie, I think that's the "least harmful" loss to us. Because:

a) Askarov is still really risky and has a lot of holes in his game. It's still 50/50 in my mind if he ever makes it as an NHL starter. He's fun to watch and has a colorful personality. But he's a got a lot of work to do, and there's no guarantee he gets there.

b) We have Saros. Saros is young enough to be extended and stay here until he retires. You can always keep running back a Lankinen type as his backup.

c) Expansion is going to happen. We can only keep 1 of Saros and Askarov in the next Expansion Draft. Which could be within 3 years.

So to me, if Askarov is what it takes to move into the Top 5 and get a potential franchise forward, it's not his inclusion by itself that would deter me.

Reactions: predhead1

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Sitting in the arena, interesting people watching. Seeing all the media people and the front office people that I see on TV is pretty cool.

In 2003 I sat in the lower bowl, this year I went to the club level, and I have ended up in front of Boston's suite.

All of Arizona's group is wearing the same suit.

The Preds group all have on the same tie. Boro is down on the floor with the team.

I don't see any deals going down, no one is on any phone, just walking around talking with each other, lol.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Seravalli saying that Askarov is "in play"

If it can get us a sure fire, no miss 1C, I could live with it. Assuming he will extend when the time comes Saros should be Vezina caliber for another 2-3 years and solid for another 5 or 6 years.

But it will give me great anxiety/buyers remorse if it happens

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad