NFL GDT: 2023 NFC Wild Card Round: (4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs (5) Philadelphia Eagles

TB vs PHI

• Total voters

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
with the way philly had been playing the last month or so, you could see this loss coming from a mile away. hamlin will probably win CPOY, but baker should win it in my opinion

also, what a couple days its been for browns fans

Reactions: Voight

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
You know, we were all making fun of the Cowboys and rightfully so, but the Eagles went from higher highs to lower lows. If the Cowboys choked, the Eagles imploded out of existence.

They need way more than just a culture change. Eagles fans were telling us this and they were right.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Sep 19, 2008

The Eagles became just the second team in NFL history to start a season 10-1 or better and finish with seven losses, joining the 1986 New York Jets.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

How much do people think Hurts media attack on his teammates helped create issues in lockerroom?

Certainly, couldn't have gone over well + His play has been shit so he doesn't have right or room to point finger of blame at anyone

Reactions: JimmyApples

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Entire coaching staff has to be fired.

Absolute coaching malpractice by this team. The offense was absolutely pathetic, I said it weeks ago. They have no answers, no scheme, no motion. You watch a team like the Packers or the 49ers or the Lions scheme guys open. Use motion for tells, then you watch this trash ass offense stand still and do nothing. Was there any easy throws tonight for Hurts? They have no answer for a blitz. It is just so, so bad.

The defense looked like they quit in the first quarter. Scared to tackle. The damn Panthers held this same Bucs team to no touchdowns 1 week ago with the Bucs playing win and get in. This isn't some amazing offense and they just f***ing clowned the Eagles all night, it should have been worse than 32 points.

What an amazing collapse.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
There are pictures out there on 3rd and medium where they have every receiver running 15 yards downfield. Anyone who blames Hurts for the season has no idea what they are commenting on. It also doesnt help that he basically has been limping since week 2. Him without being the 4.6 runner is not the same player, though the coaching staff did nothing to help him all year. The offense was let him run around and let AJ or DeVonta make a play. The greatly underused the tightend.

The fanbase could see this coming. They lost to a terrible Cardinals and Giants team in back to back weeks. Though next season I think they can still be a 10 win team if they bring in a coaching staff that isnt high school level. Too much talent on that side of the ball. Defrensively, they need alot more work. Their back 7 is so bad, full of liabilities. If they could just get league average production from their linebackers and safeties it would change so much.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

How much do people think Hurts media attack on his teammates helped create issues in lockerroom?

Certainly, couldn't have gone over well + His play has been shit so he doesn't have right or room to point finger of blame at anyone

Goedert said he was mad at himself

There was no ‘Hurts media attack,’ not sure how you came up with that just because he said something vague one day that he never clarified.

Reactions: LT
Sep 19, 2008
1705418053350.png

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
apparently the analytics from PFF and the other firm show the worst tackling performance they have seen in awhile for the eagles.

like record breaking missed tackles in a playoff game.

• Haha
Reactions: LT and NJDevs26

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Even as a big football guy, even i will overlook offensive lineman sometimes. Even for the importance they tend to not get the love they deserve.

My rule of thumb is, if you know an offensive lineman by name, they were really, really f***ing good at their job.

Steve Hutchinson, Bruce Matthews, Anthony Munoz, Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, Joe Thomas. Jason Kelce is absolutely among that vanishingly small inner circle of guys to me.
By far the greatest player in the history of the Cincinnati Bengals to date and it's not even remotely close or debatable.

If any Bengals fan has a different opinion, they are wrong.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
apparently the analytics from PFF and the other firm show the worst tackling performance they have seen in awhile for the eagles.

like record breaking missed tackles in a playoff game.
Performance would imply they tried to tackle

From what i saw last night the Eagles defense gave negative effort and their tackle attempts looked more like lazy attempts to stop someone from walking past them and not wanting to get booboos.

They quit, full stop.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
You know, we were all making fun of the Cowboys and rightfully so, but the Eagles went from higher highs to lower lows. If the Cowboys choked, the Eagles imploded out of existence.

They need way more than just a culture change. Eagles fans were telling us this and they were right.
This is just like the 2020 Steelers. Started out 11-0 but Steeler fans knew they weren’t that good. Their season also ended in spectacular fashion getting smacked around by the Cleveland Browns in the wild card round.

Reactions: JimmyApples

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Looked like a lot of quitting on that Eagles team. I get that the 49ers won that big game in Philly but it was just one game and it shouldn't have started this sort of slide.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
This is just like the 2020 Steelers. Started out 11-0 but Steeler fans knew they weren’t that good. Their season also ended in spectacular fashion getting smacked around by the Cleveland Browns in the wild card round.
Excellent point, that's a good analogy. Many of the Steelers fans I talked to at the time told me they thought the team was a paper tiger.
No debate, he’s number 1 then the rest follow.
Yeah and since the team was an abortion for decades that list of elite Bengals players is even shorter than my manhood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad