Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
The Dubas stink will be around for many more years thanks to his core and the useless spending of picks past and future.

Shanny is the one that made the deal with the Devil,his turn to be cast out like the horned one was.

I have no blame for our present GM,did okay considering he was handcuffed from the get go.
Agreed, nice p***ycat……..

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
How do you get a 98 point player back and waste half the game with him on 3rd line with bandaid players. We will never win with Keefe.

The 1-2 punch of marner nylander in top 6 after matthews left looked real good. Down 3-1. A little too late maybe

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Correct. They have full control of where they get traded to. And they technically could choose not to be traded at all. But in reality no player ever makes that choice. Ever. We need to stop acting like players and their contracts are unmovable. We traded David f***ing Clarkson.
Let’s hope Shanahan is fired and Tre has the stones to do what’s needed………

Reactions: seventieslord

ronzigato

Jan 5, 2006
Ontario
In my teens, I knew the Leafs would win it all. In my 20s I was pretty sure as well. In my 30s, I'd still get my hopes up. Now in my 40s, I just hope to be pleasantly surprised one year while expecting yearly flameouts. I guess this is growing up.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
In my teens, I knew the Leafs would win it all. In my 20s I was pretty sure as well. In my 30s, I'd still get my hopes up. Now in my 40s, I just hope to be pleasantly surprised one year while expecting yearly flameouts. I guess this is growing up.
Nah, when you grow up that even though you love the game and support your team, it doesn't have an actual affect on your life.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Boo hoo.

Leafs in 7.

See you guys in the round 2 thread. Try not to die of a heart attack when at least one of the next 3 wins happens in OT

• Haha
Reactions: ClarkSittler

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Clarkson isn't a good example because he was on LTiR.

I mean even Sundin didn't waive his NMC on a bad Leafs team. Like I said nothing is guaranteed.
This smells like the Muskoka five 2.0……….

Say what you will about the Dion Leafs, but they never played a playoff game like that.

That was the worst playoff game I've ever seen the Leafs play. They went through the motions like it was the end of a regular season road trip.

Pathetic.
Two words……salute gate…….that team was a disgusting group of hate worthy players………..

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Sometimes you need a pos to run a war.

Actually every time
Definitely better than the wet nurse Keefe……..

Yep, about 800k in relief if we go that way. But if you are going to change the team and culture, then it should be considered.

If you could clear up a lot of room in convincing Marner or even Rielly to kindly take their talents elsewhere, then the JT hit wouldn't be quite as bad.
JT’s out of gas, but the efforts there, axing him does little to change the team’s culture, now move two of 34, 16, 88, 44 along with buying out JT that would be a great start in changing the teams culture……..

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
You just knew Brodie was good for 1 gift goal.

Lil and Brodie make me miss Holl. That says a lot.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Get that p***y off my team
I see a Larry Murphy scenario in the treatment of Mitchie coming……..

I got torched beginning of this year saying Babs was a good coach. He is, and I wish they never let him go. But yes, a miserable person
Scotty Bowman, arguably the best hockey coach ever wasn’t a good person to his players either……….

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
View attachment 860965

It’s almost over.

Based on things, I think if you tell Marner he’s not being resigned, and if he doesn’t work with the team to find a deal, they will put him out after every game to answer questions, he will waive.

He's got thin skin and an ego. He will get his money and get out of the thunder dome.

He will waive.

This team cannot remain as assembled and he’s the easiest to lift out.

Shanahan out
Keefe out
Marner out

This needs to happen this summer.

Enough of this shit already.
That would be a great start, but how do you get rid of eight years of Nylander?

You just knew Brodie was good for 1 gift goal.

Lil and Brodie make me miss Holl. That says a lot.
On a week’s rest no less…….

Reactions: DraftSchmaft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad