Prospect Info: 2023 draft thread: Sharks tank miss, now we’ll get Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Corey Pronman thinks CBJ draft board is:

Bedard
Fantilli
Smith
Carlsson

So it could happen. There's been lots of speculation they like Smith.
Carlsson is such a perfect fit for us it’s ridiculous. I don’t want to get my hopes up. Smith is also an excellent fit but I feel like Carlsson is our 2nd chance at Anze Kopitar.

jarr92

May 7, 2013
Most interesting thing I gathered from MG's interview was he's trying to move up from 4, not back.

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
Welcome to the Sharks, Matwill Carlsson

What radio station will the draft be in Bay Area? 1050AM? Is the first pick made at about 4:05pm PST or 4:35pm PST.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California

Here’s my theory - if I’m right, I get to be Nostradamus for the summer. You ready?

Theory: Sharks draft order is Carlsson, Michkov, Smith.

They know Montreal really wants Smith. Grier has been very very elusive about whether he met with Michkov and yesterday suddenly revealed that the center position is BPA at 4. In other words, he’s signaling very obviously - almost too obviously — that he’s picking either Carlsson or Smith.

If Jackets pick Smith, Grier picks Carlsson, I have no doubt on that.

If Jackets pick Carlsson, I think Grier very “reluctantly” calls Montreal and says, we want Smith, what will you give me for him?

We swap picks and Grier picks the person he was intending to pick in Michkov.

That’s my theory.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

Here’s my theory - if I’m right, I get to be Nostradamus for the summer. You ready?

Theory: Sharks draft order is Carlsson, Michkov, Smith.

They know Montreal really wants Smith. Grier has been very very elusive about whether he met with Michkov and yesterday suddenly revealed that the center position is BPA at 4. In other words, he’s signaling very obviously - almost too obviously — that he’s picking either Carlsson or Smith.

If Jackets pick Smith, Grier picks Carlsson, I have no doubt on that.

If Jackets pick Carlsson, I think Grier very “reluctantly” calls Montreal and says, we want Smith, what will you give me for him?

We swap picks and Grier picks the person he was intending to pick in Michkov.

That’s my theory.

I would hand it to him, but Im really not sure hes thinking that hard about the whole thing and just wants Smith or Carlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad