GDT: WCQF G3 | Winnipeg Jets @ Colorado Avalanche | 8pm MT | TNT/Max

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
f*** Compheh, this team got better by getting rid of him if not only for Bednar not being able to play him any more.

I'll repeat, f*** COMPHER. And f*** anyone who is missing him.
This is the only post in the thread I'm not giving a like to.

You're like the Tyson Jost of having opinions. I think you're a swell guy but not for anything hockey related.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
We’re getting saves now. I like that. Exciting game. Rather dogshit second period mended by a timely keeper — it wasn’t clear that we’d be getting that in net after game 1. Crowd and team have georgiev’s back right now. And although it still feels tenuous, maybe the pressure of the playoffs ties him together instead of unraveling him.

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
What I love about that Middelstadt pass on the Colton goal was that Parise was there too. If Colton gets his stick lifted, Zach puts that home too. Just no chance with those guys in front

Not only is Mitts improving and getting more comfortable in the system, but I think the rest of the guys are learning how to play better along side him. The wings have to play differently with Mitts vs Mack, and they are now heading to those spots that they know he's likely to set them up. As long as he continues to keep them honest with his shot too. Agree with Casey getting the 1st star last night.

Last edited:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I think we're all accustomed/expecting the 2022 fast blitz Avs right? We're not quite there or the league has perhaps adjusted?. If we win this year it'll be an uphill grind that's less of a "surprise" to the league. Point being is that you're right - the league is consistently changing and we're at the forefront.
We’re facing a much tougher opponent in the 1st round this year than we did in 22 (the Preds without Saros) and if we win this round, we’ll be facing Vegas most likely in the 2nd round, much tougher than the Blues in 22. The road to the cup is way more tougher this year.

Snow Arc

Friendly neighborhood Snow Arc
Aug 14, 2020
Mark Stone and resurrections
irony3.jpg

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Wow I’m still on cloud nine after last night game. Boy it was such an amazing atmosphere. A dream comes true and lifetime memories ! Parise, Mitts and Lehkonen looked awesome yesterday. Girard also looked like someone who didn’t miss a beat. What a statement in the 3rd period. The constant chants on Georgie were so nice to hear despite allowing that weak 1st goal. He did great after that.

Funny story, me and my GF went to a bar after the game we had our “Canadian” IDs. We both bought Makar jerseys in Ball Arena. The doorman was looking at us suspiciously and said you’re Canadian and not rooting for the Jets? I was like hell nah ! We had good laugh :laugh:

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Rantanen pass to Nichushkin was definitely key to that goal. Credit it Nichushkin for coralling it, and getting a nice shot off, but he had all that time because the all the Jets were over-committing towards Mikko, and the one-touch pass left Hellebuyck flopping around like a fish.
Mikko wasn't looking for Val lol

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Cale Makar is in elite company only 3 NHL defensemen have A career PPG in the regular season and playoffs Orr Makar and Coffey

Last edited:

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
I’m really liking Makar’s play so far.
Shooting a lot more and not deferring to Mack and Rants as much in the regular season (Mikko did get pissed when Makar shot it when he was wide open once though haha)

For how much Mackinnon has looked off, he already has 5 points and hit the post, what 4 times already? Just a matter of time before they start going in

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Cale Makar is in elite company only 3 NHL defensemen have A career PPG in the regular season and playoffs Orr Makar and Coffey

Not entirely true. For example, both Quinn Hughes and Evan Bouchard are at exactly a point per game, but haven't played in enough playoff games to qualify for the list.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I’m really liking Makar’s play so far.
Shooting a lot more and not deferring to Mack and Rants as much in the regular season (Mikko did get pissed when Makar shot it when he was wide open once though haha)

For how much Mackinnon has looked off, he already has 5 points and hit the post, what 4 times already? Just a matter of time before they start going in
I wouldn't think twice about looking off Rantanen. He has not been good all season. His natural talent and playing with MacKinnon got him the points. He doesn't deserve the puck being fed to him now.

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
We’re facing a much tougher opponent in the 1st round this year than we did in 22 (the Preds without Saros) and if we win this round, we’ll be facing Vegas most likely in the 2nd round, much tougher than the Blues in 22. The road to the cup is way more tougher this year.

Let's be real, it was almost too easy in '22. This feels more like equilibrium.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Not entirely true. For example, both Quinn Hughes and Evan Bouchard are at exactly a point per game, but haven't played in enough playoff games to qualify for the list.
Bouchard is not a point per game regular season neither is quinn hughes read my post again regular season and playoffs CAREER

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
Mikko wasn't looking for Val lol
I really think he was. He was looking directly in Nuke's direction, and not at Colton, and if it was intended to be a no-look pass to Colton, it missed quite badly. It crosses at the very edge of the crease and Colton is so far out he can't even reach it.

From some angles, including the live shot on Altitude, it might look like Colton just got his stick checked, and that's why he didn't make contact, but the puck was well past hiim by that time. But I think Mikko didn't realize that Nuke had his stick below the red-line, and not at all in a position to shoot quickly.

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
Funny story, me and my GF went to a bar after the game we had our “Canadian” IDs. We both bought Makar jerseys in Ball Arena. The doorman was looking at us suspiciously and said you’re Canadian and not rooting for the Jets? I was like hell nah ! We had good laugh :laugh:

Man I gotta be honest, it gets pretty tiring always having to explain to casual (keyword here; obviously this does NOT apply to anyone here on HFBoards or Americans who know and love the game, and god knows I love my American neighbours and have tons of e-friends from there) American hockey fans that Canadians don't give nearly as much of a shit about patriotic nationalism as they do when it comes to the teams we follow. I've grown up an Avs fan my whole life, my dad's been a Wings fan his whole life, so many of my friends growing up were fans of American teams because most of us don't really think of it as a Canada vs. USA thing unless it's an actual international competition like the Olympics or World Jrs. etc. I'm planning on going to Denver next year for some Avs games and I'm already grimacing at how many dumb questions I'll receive about why I'm an Avs fan. Because I am? Rant over.

Addendum: There are probably casual Canadian fans who take an inverse disposition. This is equally annoying, but it's not something I've personally experienced a lot so I won't really speak to it. I guess casual fans in general take the Occam's razor approach in making it a nation v. nation thing? Now I'm just rambling.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad