Prospect Info: 2023 draft thread: Sharks tank miss, now we’ll get Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
If Jackets pick Smith, Grier picks Carlsson, I have no doubt on that.

If Jackets pick Carlsson, I think Grier very “reluctantly” calls Montreal and says, we want Smith, what will you give me for him?

We swap picks and Grier picks the person he was intending to pick in Michkov.

That’s my theory.
This is great and I agree with this prediction. I think Grier is an intentional media manipulator. We get lots of info that seems like it's straight talk, but it's probably partly misdirection. I'd add that EK65 gets sent to SEA for 20th, and we somehow get 14th for KK+cap space to Pitt.

Do it, michael, do it.

Michkov, 14, 20, 26, + whatever MTL gives us to move up to 4

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Nah Get Ready For This is perfect and the last time they tried to find a different one they all sucked
What's funny is that half of the songs that they let the fans vote on are all now being used by other NHL teams. That said, anything is better than the horrible idea of each player having their own goal song.

Reactions: ChompChomp

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Nah Get Ready For This is perfect and the last time they tried to find a different one they all sucked
Nah Get Ready For This is 90’s cringe and it’s soulless.

They did a horrible job with their selections. They need an entirely different vision for an update. I think hiring a producer to make a custom unique one would be the best option outside of licensing we can’t get.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Nah Get Ready For This is 90’s cringe and it’s soulless.

They did a horrible job with their selections. They need an entirely different vision for an update. I think hiring a producer to make a custom unique one would be the best option outside of licensing we can’t get.
Yes! That's why it's perfect, because the Sharks also come from 90's cringe.

They did a horrible job with selections because most people in hockey have terrible music taste. Man I miss Dan Boyle.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I personally think Anaheim is going to grab Michkov at 2. They already have their future #1C (McTavish) and he fits their rebuild timeline as well.

We'll end up with either Carlsson or Fantilli.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I personally think Anaheim is going to grab Michkov at 2. They already have their future #1C (McTavish) and he fits their rebuild timeline as well.

We'll end up with either Carlsson or Fantilli.
Verbeek already said they're taking a center. Maybe he was lying but I doubt it.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Jul 10, 2010
Im not saying the Jackets wont take Smith, but betting markers have dropped Leo at 3 from -125 to approximately -400. Thats a big shift in favour of Leo at 3 despite the tweet about Smith going 3.

AKA dont be surprised if thats just smoke and mirrors.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Im not saying the Jackets wont take Smith, but betting markers have dropped Leo at 3 from -125 to approximately -400. Thats a big shift in favour of Leo at 3 despite the tweet about Smith going 3.

AKA dont be surprised if thats just smoke and mirrors.
Those markers are moving around based on smoke and mirrors though....

Reactions: Sandisfan

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I would hand it to him, but Im really not sure hes thinking that hard about the whole thing and just wants Smith or Carlsson

I’d normally agree, but I find it suspect that the usually very upfront Grier won’t tell reporters whether he talked to Michkov. To me, that seems like he’s playing at something. That paired with him being upfront about taking a center (along with rumors that Montreal, who wants Smith, reached out to the Sharks to trade up) means that it’s at least in his best interest to make Montreal think he has zero interest in Michkov and they’ll need to pay up to get Smith from him.

This is great and I agree with this prediction. I think Grier is an intentional media manipulator. We get lots of info that seems like it's straight talk, but it's probably partly misdirection. I'd add that EK65 gets sent to SEA for 20th, and we somehow get 14th for KK+cap space to Pitt.

Do it, michael, do it.

Michkov, 14, 20, 26, + whatever MTL gives us to move up to 4

If he pulls that off, it would be an absolutely insane first draft for him.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
It’s also time for the Sharks to grow up and get a decent goal song.
Good god yes. I absolutely haaaate our goal song….My vote would be Creeping Death, start it after a goal from the 0:22 second mark and run it through the 0:52 second mark Of the song. Perfect

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Original22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad