Prospect Info: 2023 draft thread: Sharks tank miss, now we’ll get Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I think prime Hertl absolutely could be a Cup-winning 1C, but as noted, no single player is capable of doing that.

Prime Hertl in today's scoring environment is basically a 40 goal, 80-90 point two-way center who controls possession and wins faceoffs. We only got to see that for one year, between injuries and this team sucking, and he put up 74 in 77. He won't be competing for the Hart or Ross, no.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think prime Hertl absolutely could be a Cup-winning 1C, but as noted, no single player is capable of doing that.

Prime Hertl in today's scoring environment is basically a 40 goal, 80-90 point two-way center who controls possession and wins faceoffs. We only got to see that for one year, between injuries and this team sucking, and he put up 74 in 77. He won't be competing for the Hart or Ross, no.
Hertl in 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 was good enough to be a Cup-winning 1C. Especially in 2018, the only forward who was better through two rounds was Mark Stone.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
GMMG: "What is a 'meeting'? How do you define 'meet'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then a 'meeting' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."
Nice reference!!

Reactions: sharski

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Don’t know if anyone’s posted this but Grier confirmed they did meet with But. Love to get him at 26 if he gets that far.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017

Even current Hertl could be a cup winning 1C.

I mean, the most recent 1C to win a cup has a career high of 65 points.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Quick question for the mods. I have ESPN+ and just checked out Kevin Weekes mock draft which I enjoyed because I really like Kevin Weekes and the way he analyzes and evaluates. Anyway, I thought his two selections for us were pretty interesting. Could I post who he chose for us? just without the article or content on Why he chose those prospects for us?

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
If he's truly on their DND list, what's the point honestly? It would just be a waste of everyone's time. There really isn't much to be gained by Grier refusing to confirm they interviewed him if they actually did. No comment makes way more sense if they didn't.
The point is to feign interest to build potential trade value if a team or teams are really desperate to draft Michkov, Smith, or Carlsson.

I think trading four is bad idea, but if a team comes in with a massive trade and the guy you want isn't there or you have reservations trading can be an option for a ridiculous deal.

Not interviewing a guy is negative move.

Reactions: Sandisfan

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

Smith seems pretty sure where hes going, to me that means either Columbus or us has really given him a lot of hope.

Columbus also confirmed they did not interview Michkov and are not getting offers worth trading 3

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Quick question for the mods. I have ESPN+ and just checked out Kevin Weekes mock draft which I enjoyed because I really like Kevin Weekes and the way he analyzes and evaluates. Anyway, I thought his two selections for us were pretty interesting. Could I post who he chose for us? just without the article or content on Why he chose those prospects for us?

I dont have ESPN+, just googled it and look what i found without a paywall (at least for me here in Germany):

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Reactions: Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Go ahead. You’re not posting the whole article.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I dont have ESPN+, just googled it and look what i found without a paywall (at least for me here in Germany):

Kind of a wacky draft. Not very likely Barlow goes at 5.

Dont see the sharks reaching on a goalie at 26 either, its Hrabal or not a goalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad