NCAA: 2023-24 Transfer Portal

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I don't trust people with two first names, as a general rule, there's something shifty about them.

No more Harrison so that sucks for him but I'm sure even with that loss, the OSU receivers are better than what he had at Kansas State.

• Haha
Reactions: Tony Romo

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seems hypocritical of Kiffin, Dart, and Ole Miss to be upset that their starting RB Judkins has hit the portal. I mean, how many guys has Kiffin gotten via the Portal? And didn't Dart leave USC to go to Ole Miss cause Riley was bringing Caleb Williams with him?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Seems hypocritical of Kiffin, Dart, and Ole Miss to be upset that their starting RB Judkins has hit the portal. I mean, how many guys has Kiffin gotten via the Portal? And didn't Dart leave USC to go to Ole Miss cause Riley was bringing Caleb Williams with him?

I wouldn’t expect any different from Lane

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I wouldn’t expect any different from Lane
I think the issue with building through the portal, is the players on your roster see what you're spending on portal players and then end up wanting a raise. From what I've read, this is what happened with Judkins

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Wow. Wasn't this kid like the 1st or 2nd rated QB coming out of HS in 2023 and he chooses Boise State as his transfer? Really?
Has not looked good at all in practices by the sounds of it, is behind Miller Moss and likely a transfer at USC, had shoulder surgery his last year of high school seems to still be affecting him

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Has not looked good at all in practices by the sounds of it, is behind Miller Moss and likely a transfer at USC, had shoulder surgery his last year of high school seems to still be affecting him
Made sense that Moss was the backup in 2023, as he was going into year 3 at USC and 2nd year in the system with Riley vs a true freshman. But, if Nelson wasn't performing in practice, then his chances of winning the QB battle in the spring wasn't good.

Guess Boise State gives him a better chance to play. Seen plenty of top 3 rated QBs out of HS not do much in college like Max Browne at USC and Hunter Johnson at Clemson for example.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This may also be an example of how the Mountain West stands to benefit with no more Pac 12. I don’t know his thinking, but some kids who want to stay out west and not have arduous travel can only do that in the mountain west.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Made sense that Moss was the backup in 2023, as he was going into year 3 at USC and 2nd year in the system with Riley vs a true freshman. But, if Nelson wasn't performing in practice, then his chances of winning the QB battle in the spring wasn't good.

Guess Boise State gives him a better chance to play. Seen plenty of top 3 rated QBs out of HS not do much in college like Max Browne at USC and Hunter Johnson at Clemson for example.
After Moss' performance in the Holiday Bowl, I think he's the frontrunner for QB1. I heard we just hosted Jayden Maiava from UNLV to potentially compete for the position. At the very least he should be a competent backup. Honestly, I'm not worried about the QB position as long as Lincoln Riley is around.

Plus there's a huuuuge list of highly recruited USC QBs that transferred out that never really amounted to anything. Just in recent years: Max Wittek, Max Browne, Ricky Town, Jack Sears, JT Daniels, Kedon Slovis. The only one that had any success was Jaxson Dart.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
A RS So. next season behind Returning SR starter Beck, with Gunner Stockton a RS So. on the roster.

Interesting choice given the returning starter in Beck and another high recruit as well on the roster.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Him going to Georgia didn’t make sense.

Maybe cents though.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Him going to Georgia didn’t make sense.

Maybe cents though.
At least with USC it's an open competition with Miller Moss who has just the Louisville bowl game under his belt. May the best QB win.
At UGA, he's facing a returning starter who has been in the system for 4 years now as Beck is a RS SR next season.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
UNH QB Max Brosmer is transferring to Minnesota. Brosmer was runner up in the Walter Payton award as the best player in the FCS. Brosmer led all 1-AA QBs in yards and touchdowns. He threw for 8,000 yards and 69 TDs and 19 interceptions in 31 games at UNH
As a UNH fan I wish him the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad