NCAA: 2023-24 Transfer Portal

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Georgia has done the work they already need to on Raiola, if he is Him, he’ll just transfer there in a year or two.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Georgia has done the work they already need to on Raiola, if he is Him, he’ll just transfer there in a year or two.
That may be the way for this HS kids to go. Do your FR and SO years at a middle of the pack power 5 school to gain some experience and get your reps in. Then transfer as a JR/SR to a big time program.

Again, goes back to the whole, what is the philosophy of the program? Are you a develop a kid program or a transfer portal, experienced guy program?

No different than the big markets and small markets of the pro sports. Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, etc. go after FA. Royals, A's, etc. draft and develop route.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Maalik Murphy is in the portal
Would seem to indicate that Ewers is returning to Texas. Most mocks have him in round 2 of the draft. Murphy knows the pressure is on to play Manning, so makes sense for him to go into the Portal. He didn't play as much in HS so he needs to get reps.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Kid hasn't even played with DJU there last season. I get leaving OR ST due to the end of the Pac12. But, to use up your undergrad transfer so quickly, yikes. Committed there for 3 seasons now unless you are prepared to take a RS year or can finish school in 2 years to be a grad transfer.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kid hasn't even played with DJU there last season. I get leaving OR ST due to the end of the Pac12. But, to use up your undergrad transfer so quickly, yikes. Committed there for 3 seasons now unless you are prepared to take a RS year or can finish school in 2 years to be a grad transfer.
He followed his coach, who isn’t getting fired before then

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
College Football's transfer window is seeing more big names moving than NFL free agency. Gotten ridiculous.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
College Football's transfer window is seeing more big names moving than NFL free agency. Gotten ridiculous.
Right now, still another year away or so from the end of the super senior year that Covid gave players. The are QBs without any legit NFL chances that are moving schools to take advantage of that 5th year of eligibilty to play moving schools. Going to take through the end of the 2025 season for a player who was a RS FR on a team in 2020 to be done their eligiblity (assuming that they do not RS) in any of the years from 2021-2025. True FR in 2020 would be done their extra year after the 2024 season, again assuming they do not take a RS year in 2021-2024.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Figured he would go to a mid level power 5 school. Final year of eligibility so I get moving on if the HC tells you that your performance as the starter doesn’t guarantee you the job next season and that they’d look at the portal for someone else. He backed up Stroud for 2 seasons (really 1 as Miller was Steouds backup first). Won the QB competition and played in 2023. Just the reality of expectations in rhe elite programs.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Why? Isn’t he the next man up after Caleb? Did he sense Riley was canvassing the ports for an experienced QB?

Gonna guess he already knows where he's going next.

And that it has to do with NIL money.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Short term or long term thinking. Cause the long play is to get coaches up by a QB friendly HC to get to the nfl as a higher pick to secure the $25 mill plus deal. Then up to you to get that $200 mill second contract.
NIL is good too but what is the coaching you are going to get at the new stop? Has to be to a program which just saw their starter leave for whatever reason.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

He had a shoulder injury he hasn't fully recovered from. Don't think he was good enough to start this year and he wanted out.

I don't think you should leave Riley, Sark unless you're getting bad advice imo (Maalik is an exception, he's gonna be a third year player)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He had a shoulder injury he hasn't fully recovered from. Don't think he was good enough to start this year and he wanted out.

I don't think you should leave Riley, Sark unless you're getting bad advice imo (Maalik is an exception, he's gonna be a third year player)
Think I trust Riley more than Kelly to develop a QB. Wonder what changed with Nelson.
Maalik guess he has heard that Ewers very well could return so he’s looking for a change to play.

Gabriel and Moore via the portal to Oregon? Hmmm….

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Moore will redshirt.
If he’s not going to play might as well. Can still opt to leave as aRS Jr. sometimes the choices of these QBs has me scratching my head like Walker Howard and the other kid with experience who both went to ole miss where Dart was the returning starter with like 18 games under his belt.
Have not seen Dart’s name mocked in the top 3 rounds of the draft. Howard needs or needed to take a RS season like Moore is doing after he lost out on the QB battle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad