NCAA: 2023-24 Transfer Portal

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If he’s not going to play might as well. Can still opt to leave as aRS Jr. sometimes the choices of these QBs has me scratching my head like Walker Howard and the other kid with experience who both went to ole miss where Dart was the returning starter with like 18 games under his belt.
Have not seen Dart’s name mocked in the top 3 rounds of the draft. Howard needs or needed to take a RS season like Moore is doing after he lost out on the QB battle.

I still for the life of me can't figure out why Spencer Sanders went to Ole Miss either. He barely played and was never projected as the starter even though he came in as a grad transfer who was starting at a pretty good P5 school.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I still for the life of me can't figure out why Spencer Sanders went to Ole Miss either. He barely played and was never projected as the starter even though he came in as a grad transfer who was starting at a pretty good P5 school.
Know nothing about Sanders, but he was that other kid who went to Ole Miss in the portal and he went in with 42 starts at OK St. Surprised also that Ole Miss is where he wanted to spend his super SR season. Guess he didn't have NFL potential otherwise he should have left (I thought that of Nix last season too). Did he get a much larger NIL deal to transfer?

Looks like Howard did take a RS year. So, still has 3 years left of eligibility

Dart, 26 starts with 48 to 12 TD/Int ratio. 7216 passing yards, so like 275 or something per game. Has NFL size at 6'3 and 210 lbs. But, again, have not seen his name mocked in the top 3 rounds of the draft.

Guessing he returns to Ole Miss for a SR season.

If you are going to transfer, at least pick a school that is not returning a starter, if the goal is to play right away.

Reactions: LT

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
The tampering was crazy with this one.

OU getting bagged by Mizzou. Maybe in for a tough ride in the SEC

Sorry, they screwed Mizzou - and the other teams, themselves and Texas aside - over how many times in the Big 12 with team sharing money? No, don't answer: so many times that it caused us and A&M to bolt for the SEC and Colorado and Nebraska to bolt for other conferences. They got how many prospects out of Missouri during our down years? Don't answer: it's all of them, basically. And Green is from Missouri. Nwaneri is from Missouri. Maybe that plays a factor and not just "tampering"?

If anyone has a legitimate gripe against Mizzou, it's Arkansas. We got DGB out of their grasp, crushed their will in the rivalry game so many times, and we just stole Courtney Crutchfield (arguably Arkansas' best prospect in state) and a couple of other solid Arkansas prospects, AND Drinkwitz trolled them mercilessly after the latest win.

Arkansas has a legit beef. Oklahoma? Sit your ass down.

Reactions: LT

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Non first round picks don't get as long a rope as 1st rounders do. Trask was late 2nd round and TB never even fully considered him QB1 after 2 seasons on the roster. Brought in Baker. Guys like Ridder, Howell, AOC have seen significant playing time this season and I think all of ATL, WAS, LV will look for someone else at QB next season.

So, DJU, if he can get good NIL money, which he should be able to at more than his NFL salary post first round, he should stay in NCAA and keep improving on his weaknesses. Take mroe snaps under C like a Pro QB would. Make yourself as ready as possible when your name gets called in the NFL.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Good player but not the QB they should be targeting. Gonna be another Plumlee where they want to run first and pass second. UCF had too many skilled receivers that should be getting the ball more not less. Gus is extremely frustrating in his game plan, they have skill guys who can take it to the house every play but he wants to play a power run game. Yet when they take a lead or need to close a game out he has no clue how to use that power run game to kill the clock and game. If it was me he would need 10 wins to keep his job, 9 if he beats Florida in the swamp. They get Utah and Arizona at home and the tough road game is TCU or West Virginia, could be Iowa state if it's late in the year and really cold. Very favorable schedule to challenge for the Big 12 title.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Gonna need that FSU/Clemson game in prime time. Too bad Clemson is on the road.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
@Tony Romo are you able to give a run down on Will Howard from K State? Not as familiar with the Big12 as I am the B1G. Dunno if this is really an upgrade over McCord

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Boom!

Neither one is a loss.
From the program POV, HC will always recruit talent, that is expected. Especially from the top tiered programs. Kids just need to look out for themselves and shutout all of the people who try to throw loyalty word at them.

Brown had his chance to win the job vs McCord and Day opted for McCord. Now that Howard is coming via the portal and Norland from HS, probably best for him to leave with his 2 years of eligibility remaining. He should have taken a RS year in 2022 with Stroud and McCord the top 2 guys. With NIL money, even if you are not a NFL prospect, can make some nice money as a veteran starting college QB. So, best to preserve eligibility if you are not getting onto the field. Keinholz should have RS this season with McCord and Brown ahead of him. Just to keep his options open down the line.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
@Tony Romo are you able to give a run down on Will Howard from K State? Not as familiar with the Big12 as I am the B1G. Dunno if this is really an upgrade over McCord
he's good, maybe a slight upgrade over McCord? He's obviously going to be playing with better talent. But don't think it's a HUGE difference

Reactions: End of Line

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
he's good, maybe a slight upgrade over McCord? He's obviously going to be playing with better talent. But don't think it's a HUGE difference

From what I’ve seen on YT he’s able to move his feet in the pocket better than McCord and he has some serious wheels on him as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad