Post-Game Talk: Nurse Skinned the Oilers

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Most definitely we were nervous in own zone. Not challenging, just allowing Nucks to possess puck and work plays. Started in 2nd and continued in third. Tentative, not wanting to get beat inside and not looking solid.

Yeah I don't think the team was thinking win as much as Here we f***ing go again with Skinner letting every 2nd shot in. Truthfully. At 4-3 Oilers did you not think we were going to lose? It sure had that look to it.
I mean Ceci doesn’t challenge cause his brain doesn’t work fast enough. Nurse too. Their processing is slow. It could be that and not nervousness for them. I dunno I thought the team played overall a controlled and calm game, but too calm.

Meh Skinner made some big saves too. Point blank blocker and glove saves and breakway save. I don’t think the team was hobbled by nervousness. The disappointment from skinner (deserved) would have came from goal 4 or 5. At 4 to 3 we were trying to nurse the lead to victory and did a good half period of it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I firmly believe McDavid's not 100% healthy. He's still putting up points, but there's a gear shift in his game that I haven't seen.
We've seen it plenty, we saw it in first playoff game. Something is off with his thinking the game. His passes are off, getting intercepted, he's not faking much, he's not going inside much. Not using linemates effectively EV.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
We've seen it plenty, we saw it in first playoff game. Something is off with his thinking the game. His passes are off, getting intercepted, he's not faking much, he's not going inside much. Not using linemates effectively EV.

That's why I firmly believe he's not 100% healthy. For a guy who scored 8goals in 12GP in last year's playoffs to a mere 1 goal in 6 GP is simply not at a standard of McDavid's level. Now there's a worry for Draisaitl's back as well. Team looked even more off the moment offensively when Draisaitl played at a slower and timid pace after coming back from the dressing room.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Point being there was plenty of times where Drai had two dolts on his line. That would be mostly in the Chia era. Hyman has arguably been better than McD most of the season. Not sure whats up.
And where are those dolts now? They never worked as top 6ers with Drai for very long if at all. They were bandaid solutions and experiments. That even to this year we were still looking for a solution for.

Keep in mind Nuge-McD-Hyms was a Wagon for most of the year. And we struggled to find a line that worked with Drai cause we had a slumping Kane, a slumping Brown, and not much else to put on his wing. Heck it’s the playoffs now and we went into it with a line juggle. We NEVER found a top 6 that could work as a permanent solution.

That's why I firmly believe he's not 100% healthy. For a guy who scored 8goals in 12GP in last year's playoffs to a mere 1 goal in 6 GP is simply not at a standard of McDavid's level. Now there's a worry for Draisaitl's back as well. Team looked even more off the moment offensively when Draisaitl played at a slower and timid pace after coming back from the dressing room.
Well. McDs goal scoring tumbled in the regular season too. Unless you are saying he was injured for most of the Reg season too.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Lol, ooooh ya there is.

True story, I am looking at buying a house in Edmonton though.

Haven’t been in a while, and last time was south Okanagan in the middle of summer so hockey wasn’t really a topic of discussion.

Must just be the ones I met that moved here and never wanted to be there in the first place haha

It’s a good time to buy here still, market is heating up but prices aren’t crazy (yet)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I mean Ceci doesn’t challenge cause his brain doesn’t work fast enough. Nurse too. Their processing is slow. It could be that and not nervousness for them. I dunno I thought the team played overall a controlled and calm game, but too calm.

Meh Skinner made some big saves too. Point blank blocker and glove saves and breakway save. I don’t think the team was hobbled by nervousness. The disappointment from skinner (deserved) would have came from goal 4 or 5. At 4 to 3 we were trying to nurse the lead to victory and did a good half period of it.
Goal 1,2, 4, 5. All bad. For shame.

There isn't a game that exists where a goalie doesn't make some stops. calling them big is kind of hyperbole. This was another game where an opponent had multiple goals on Skinner on plays that were not even dangerous plays.

The main reason the score was 4-3 and not say 4-1 was Skinner. All kinds of teams get good backstopping performances when they are not playing to their best. A 4-1 lead in playoffs agaisnt a club that has had trouble scoring in playoffs should be enough.

Skinner is the great slump buster. Think about the Nucks only getting 13 goals in whole series against Saros. Pump 5 by Skinner in first game.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Spec telling Knob post-game that the team is 0-5 this year against the Canucks this year. The guy wasn't around for the first two losses you Grade A d-bag.

I'm amazed why the team doesn't bar him .

Last edited:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
And where are those dolts now? They never worked as top 6ers with Drai for very long if at all. They were bandaid solutions and experiments. That even to this year we were still looking for a solution for.

Keep in mind Nuge-McD-Hyms was a Wagon for most of the year. And we struggled to find a line that worked with Drai cause we had a slumping Kane, a slumping Brown, and not much else to put on his wing. Heck it’s the playoffs now and we went into it with a line juggle. We NEVER found a top 6 that could work as a permanent solution.

Well. McDs goal scoring tumbled in the regular season too. Unless you are saying he was injured for most of the Reg season too.

Yep, I think Connor hasn't been healthy for the regular season too. A guy that's McDavid's level who scored 64 goals last year and then dropping to 32 made me skeptical on his health. There were plenty of games where he looked to pass rather than shoot.

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
We don’t have defensive depth worth shit. We have a good top pair, a good bottom pair and the worst second pair in the league and our 7-10 D aren’t good either.
But when our top players have good games we are the best team in the league. Everybody is happy

We are way past the point of blaming any role or depth players. This team definitely can't win a cup playing for 20 mins and we've done that in 2 of 6 games so far imo.

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
How has Nurse been consistently getting worse over the years? He's been losing elements to his game too, like fighting and any type of physicality. He barely even gets in to it after whistles too.

Skinner, that was terrible. Burn the tape and move on to the next one.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
But when our top players have good games we are the best team in the league. Everybody is happy

We are way past the point of blaming any role or depth players. This team definitely can't win a cup playing for 20 mins and we've done that in 2 of 6 games so far imo.
That was my take away from this game

Like sure the loss is annoying, but does anyone think a team that plays like we just did has a chance?

Look at the passion over in the NY CAR series. Oilers laid a wet juicy steaming dookie on the ice.

No one should be mad about tonight. Life is way too short to be mad when we play like this

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Haven’t been in a while, and last time was south Okanagan in the middle of summer so hockey wasn’t really a topic of discussion.

Must just be the ones I met that moved here and never wanted to be there in the first place haha

It’s a good time to buy here still, market is heating up but prices aren’t crazy (yet)
ya, I was looking at Calgary but the market is crazy hot there. I put a bid on a place, 2 other bids came in. Lost, someone bid 53,000 over asking, lol.

So checking out edmonton next little bit. Already lost a bid on a place in Summerside ( by 1K ), so trying again.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011

Like sure the loss is annoying, but does anyone think a team that plays like we just did has a chance?

Look at the passion over in the NY CAR series. Oilers laid a wet juicy steaming dookie on the ice.

No one should be mad about tonight. Life is way too short to be mad when we play like this

Yup, the Canucks played more or less like trash as well. Which makes it worse. If this team thinks they can bullshit their way to a Cup, they’re not winning anything and as a fanbase, not worth getting too invested in

Reactions: Ibanez

UpHere

Feelin' it
Jun 16, 2009

i'm still upset, but yeah, i wish i wasn't

Reactions: Ibanez

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
GNHSosJaMAE_jRc

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops

I wasn't until I heard all the chirping from Van fans afterwards.
Got me all fired up.

Im like dude, we gifted this one to you, shut up.
p.s. play Silovs again.

• Love
Reactions: Ibanez and Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
ya, I was looking at Calgary but the market is crazy hot there. I put a bid on a place, 2 other bids came in. Lost, someone bid 53,000 over asking, lol.

So checking out edmonton next little bit. Already lost a bid on a place in Summerside ( by 1K ), so trying again.

Calgary used to be about 10% more than Edmonton (when comparing similar properties and parts of town), now 40% (maybe more even?). Have met a lot of people from out of province that moved there briefly and quickly came up here when they found it unaffordable. Calgary's market was the biggest outlier while every other was slow when the rates started to rocket up

Summerside is a pretty popular area, anything under $500K (especially under $400K) is pretty much multiple offer bidding wars right now throughout the city though (even parts that are generally seen as not as popular). You'll find something, might take a few tries though so don't get discouraged :)

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Canucks degenerate fans have created a "racism story" about coffey on Twitter. He made a "racist hand gesture" whatever that is.

Also canucks "why does everyone say we're the worst fan base".

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad