2023-24 NCAA, CHL, OHL and European prospects thread

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Was honestly expecting more of Filmon this year.

he’s not on a very high scoring team and his goal scoring was absolutely gonna regress from last season. But he’s leading his team in points per game, playing more center this year (don’t think it was a full-time move but i’m not certain either way), still putting up a lot of shots, and added some weight and 3 inches since he was drafted.

There’s still a LOT to like about him, though i think it’s unlikely he tops out as more than a complimentary 2nd line winger. Most likely he’s destined for the third line, maybe the second PP unit, which will still be valuable as the Devils let guys like Haula go in order to save money around the core guys.
I expected some regression in goals, but this is more then I would have liked.

He has already set a career high in assists though, which in addition to some play at center does suggest a more well rounded game.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Friday Prospect Results

Cole Brown was pointless with 3 shots & was a +/- 0un the Bulldogs 3 to 2 win.

Josh Filmon was the 3rd star of the game with 1 goal , 1 primary powerplay assist , 4 shots , was a +1 & went 1 for 1 in the faceoff dot in Swift Currents 4 to 1 win.

Artem Shlaine had 1 powerplay goal , was a +/- 0 , had 2 shots & went 3 for 8 in the faceoff dot in Northern Michigan's 3 to 2 win.

Chase Cheslock was pointless with 3 shots on goal & was a +/- 0 in St. Thomas 6 to 5 loss.

Samu Salminene had 1 even strength goal goals, was a +1 , had 3 shots , 2 PIM & won 8 of 17 faceoffs in UConn's 6 to 1 loss.

Charlie Leddy had 1 secondary assist , 2 shots & was +2 in Boston College's 7 to 1 win.

Seamus Casey was a +1 with 1 shot while Ethan Edwards was a +1 with 3 shots in Michigan's 4 to 0 win.

Last edited:

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Casey free falling since the WJC

And yet is on a similar ppg pace as Luke was last year... 1.13 for SC this year and 1.23 for LH last year. Luke played 39 games, Casey is at 31 plus WJC. Barring injury he has 3 more regular season games plus the Big Ten tournament and the NCAA tournament to come. Then I imagine we see him in Utica.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
And yet is on a similar ppg pace as Luke was last year... 1.13 for SC this year and 1.23 for LH last year. Luke played 39 games, Casey is at 31 plus WJC. Barring injury he has 3 more regular season games plus the Big Ten tournament and the NCAA tournament to come. Then I imagine we see him in Utica.
He had a great first half, just wondering how much of that was put up against garbage teams.

Reactions: forceten

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Saturday Prospect Report

Cam Squires was held pointless with 3 shots , was +/- 0 , with 1 hit & went 2 for 4 in the faceoff dot in the Eagles 4 to 1 loss.

Cole Brown was held pointless (suprise suprise) with 0 shots on goal & was a -2 in the Bulldogs 5 to 4 overtime loss.

Josh Filmon was held pointless with 3 shots , was a +/- 0 and went 0 for 1 in the faceoff dot in the Broncos 4 to 3 overtime loss.

Artem Shlaine did not play for some reason (injury ?) In Northern Michigan's 2 to 1 shootout loss.

Chase Cheslock was pointless & was a -1 in St Thomas' 3 to 1 loss.

Charlie Leddy was pointless while being a +/- 0 in Boston College's 4 to 2 win.

Samu Salminen was held pointless while being a +/- 0 & went 6 for 11 in the faceoff dot in UConn's 6 to 0 loss.

Seamus Casey was held pointless while being a +/- 0 with 1 shot on goal in Michigan's 2 to 1 win.
Ethan Edwards managed to have a secondary assist with 2 shots on goal & was a +2 in that game.

Sunday Prospect Watch

Cam Squires was pointless with 3 shots & was a -2 in the Eagles 5 to 2 loss.

Pretty meh weekend for our prospects , seems to be a theme the last few weeks.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Saturday Prospect Report

Cam Squires was held pointless with 3 shots , was +/- 0 , with 1 hit & went 2 for 4 in the faceoff dot in the Eagles 4 to 1 loss.

Cole Brown was held pointless (suprise suprise) with 0 shots on goal & was a -2 in the Bulldogs 5 to 4 overtime loss.

Josh Filmon was held pointless with 3 shots , was a +/- 0 and went 0 for 1 in the faceoff dot in the Broncos 4 to 3 overtime loss.

Artem Shlaine did not play for some reason (injury ?) In Northern Michigan's 2 to 1 shootout loss.

Samu Salminen was held pointless while being a +/- 0 & went 6 for 11 in the faceoff dot in UConn's 6 to 0 loss.

Seamus Casey was held pointless while being a +/- 0 with 1 shot on goal in Michigan's 2 to 1 win.
Ethan Edwards managed to have a secondary assist with 2 shots on goal & was a +2 in that game.

Sunday Prospect Watch

the prospects have also given up on Ruff it seems.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Saturday Prospect Report

Sunday Prospect Watch

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I know he’s going to be a hot commodity, but would love if there’s a way the Devils could sign Collin Graf out of Quinnipiac.
We might be in on that and have a good shot because Graf and Quillan both need a contract and both probably could challenge for an NHL spot on this team in the bottom six next year. Heck I'd even play them end of this year.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I know he’s going to be a hot commodity, but would love if there’s a way the Devils could sign Collin Graf out of Quinnipiac.

The universe is so cruel to make me think this possible before he signs elsewhere.

IMG_4526.gif

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Somebody on the main board mentioned Fitz was spotted at Quinnipiac at some point this season. Tough thing with the NCAA guys is that all the contract offers will be the same, so it'll depend if they like the situation. Pronman mentioned that Detroit nearly signed Graf last year before he decided to return to school. Wings have Kane/Perron/Sprong/Fischer on expiring deals, so they'll probably still be able to dangle an NHL spot for next season.

Graf would be the bigger fish, but I wonder if we could sell the idea of an immediate bottom six center spot to Jacob Quillan.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Not only are Graf and Quillian players who legitimately could come here and earn a roster spot, their goalie is undrafted and also looks great on paper.

I assume we sign Malek, because his rights run out in June 2025, so I don’t see us picking a FA goalie after signing Poulter.

We need forwards, centers the most obviously and play drivers would be great too, but just more depth in general. Pretty please lol.

Reactions: My3Sons

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I assume we sign Malek, because his rights run out in June 2025, so I don’t see us picking a FA goalie after signing Poulter.

We need forwards, centers the most obviously and play drivers would be great too, but just more depth in general. Pretty please lol.
Agree, although none are guaranteed goalies to make it, and if it helps "keep the band together" and grab the other two I'm all for it.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
We might be in on that and have a good shot because Graf and Quillan both need a contract and both probably could challenge for an NHL spot on this team in the bottom six next year. Heck I'd even play them end of this year.
That’s my hope. You can entice these guys to be role players on a team and the chance to play with Hischier, Hughes, Bratt, and Meier.

Team definitely could use some depth up front. If we’re still in the playoff race by the time their seasons are over, they could also be a nice boost to the bottom six too, depending how NHL-ready they are.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Usually I have to take a coach's scouting report with a grain of salt, but additional info about Quillan:

Pecknold sees Quillan as potential shutdown center in the mold of Carolina Hurricanes captain Jordan Staal.

"He'll be a great penalty killer, 200-foot player," Pecknold said. "A big thing for him is he brings it every game. Very detailed, does a lot of things well."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad