2023-24 NCAA, CHL, OHL and European prospects thread

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
On Thursday Cole Brown had the game winning goal late in the 3rd period , was a +1 and had 1 shot in the Bulldog's 4 to 2 win.

On Saturday he was a -1 with 1 shot on goal on the Bulldog's 6 to 5 overtime loss. They blew a 5 to 1 lead in the 3rd period that game.

Artem Shaline had 1 primary assist , 4 shots & won 17 of 30 faceoffs in North Michigan's 4 to 2 loss.

Cole Brady got to start a game for UMASS Amherst but only played 51:07 of the game making 18 saves and gave up 2 goals. Not sure why they swapped goalies but the other team did as well around the same time of the gamel. UMASS beat Alaska-Anchorage 11 to 2.

Josh Filmon had 1 goal (was a nice quick release from inside the circle he buried top shelf over the goalies glove side) , 1 secondary assist on the powerplay , 4 shots and was a +1 in Swift Current's 5 to 3 loss.

Chase Cheslock was a -1 with 1 shot on goal in Omaha's 4 to 3 loss.

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018
Cam.Squires had 1 secondary assist in Cape Brenton's 3 to 1 loss.

Cole Brown had 1 primary assist (it was a nice one) in the Bulldogs 6 to 1 win.

Josh Filmon had 2 goals (the 2nd goal was a fame tying goal late in the game with 18 seconds left) in Swift Currents 5 to 4 overtime loss.

I believe Chase Cheslock is hurt again because he has been off the boxscore for Omaha the last few games.

Cole Brady won on Friday night only giving up only 2 goals on 26 shots in UMASS Amhersts 3 to 2 win but had a rough 2nd night on Saturday giving up 5 goals on 28 shots in UMASS Amhersts 5 to 4 overtime loss.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Cheslock was injured earlier in the season.

Omaha was cartoonishly bad, their record is currently 4-20-3, so that’s for the best.

St Thomas is definitely respectable so far.

IMG_1800.jpeg

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018
Cheslock was injured earlier in the season.

Omaha was cartoonishly bad, their record is currently 4-20-3, so that’s for the best.

St Thomas is definitely respectable so far.

View attachment 793447

Wow didn't realize he joined his NCAA team mid season. That's the first time I've ever seen a player do that. I guess he locked in for their 2nd semester of school.

It's a little disappointing he is playing for St. Thomas and not a bigger program but he should have plenty of opportunity there. I checked to see if they have any alumni to play in the NHL from there but they don't have even 1 player.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Wow didn't realize he joined his NCAA team mid season. That's the first time I've ever seen a player do that. I guess he locked in for their 2nd semester of school.

It's a little disappointing he is playing for St. Thomas and not a bigger program but he should have plenty of opportunity there. I checked to see if they have any alumni to play in the NHL from there but they don't have even 1 player.

I think they JUST moved up to D1.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

St Thomas has only been a Division 1 school (CCHA) since 2021-22 so it wouldn’t have much of a history.

Amusingly they made the move because they got thrown out of their D III Conference, the other teams were tired of getting their asses kicked.

In 2019 the MIAC took the unprecedented step of removing St. Thomas from its membership because of concerns about “athletic competitive parity.”[3] Because the removal affected all sports and was effective at the end of the 2020–21 season, St. Thomas had time to decide what it would do next. The men's ice hockey program was given the green light to jump directly to the Division I level in July 2020.[4] Before the end of the month, the seven teams who had previously announced their intention to restart the CCHA with the 2021–22 season voted unanimously to accept the Tommies as the eighth member of the conference.[5]

Wikipedia (don’t judge lol)

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Not directly related to us, but Josh Filmon about to get a new teammate. I haven't paid close attention to Filmon outside of the box scores this season, but I seem to remember that he got shifted to center. Maybe with the addition of Geekie, Filmon could move back to wing?

Edit: Looks like he'd been playing on the wing recently.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019

Not directly related to us, but Josh Filmon about to get a new teammate. I haven't paid close attention to Filmon outside of the box scores this season, but I seem to remember that he got shifted to center. Maybe with the addition of Geekie, Filmon could move back to wing?

Edit: Looks like he'd been playing on the wing recently.

I was just about to post this. Hope it helps him scoring wise.

Reactions: Guttersniped

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018
Josh Filmon had a primary assist Wendesday night. It was with the goalie pulled with ane Xtra attacker out on the ice. The Broncos lost that game 6 to 3. They traded for Connor Geekie today who was the 11th overall pick by the Coyotes in the 2022 draft. He is a center so Filmon could possibly have a high end linemate to play alongside very soon. Seem's like a bit of an unexpected trade for Swift Current as they look to be a middle of the pack team with an 18-15-0 record. Regardless this is Filmon's last year in the WHL and the same for Geekie so maybe a playoff run will he a possibility.

Cole Brown had 1 goal and 1 secondary assist , 4 shots and was a +1 in the Bulldogs 4 to 2 loss.

Cam Squries had 2 primary assists , 4 shots and won 7 of 11 faceoffs in Cape Brenton's 4 to 3 shootout loss. He had a chance to win the game in the dying seconds of overtime on a 2 on 1 but opted to pass back to his linemate who couldn't bury the pass (it wasn't tape to tape). Squires turned down a good one timer opportunity to go for that pass.

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018
Squires has impressed me this year, Brown not so much.
Judging by boxscores and highlights I agree 100%.

Cole Brown was like a 6th round pick but his stats somehow got worse this season. I wonder what scouts liked about him to make him somewhat enticing to burn a late round pick on...

Squires is a much better player.

Squires actually had 1 goal (shorthanded breakaway) and 1 primary assist (powerplay) tonight in Cape Brenton's win. He got 2nd star of the game too.

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018
Cam Squires scored 2 goals (1 on the powerplay & the game winning goal in the 3rd period) , had 4 shots on goal & went 0/1 in the faceoff dot in Cape Brenton's 4 to 3 win.

Artrm Shaline had 1 primary assist , 4 shots , was a +/- 0 and won 6 of 17 faceoffs in Northern Michigan's 3 to 2 SO win.

Sam Salminen scored 1 goal (Michigan goal) had , 1 shot , was +1 , 2 PIM and won 8 of to 10 faceoffs in UCONN's 6 to 2 win.

Seamus Casey had 1 assist (primary) , 1 shot on goal , was +2 on the night. While Ethan Edwards had 1 goal (empty netter) , had 2 shots , was +2 and had 2 PIM in Michigan's 5 to 2 win over Wisconsin.

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018
Cam Squires had the overtime goal Sunday in the Eagles' come from behind 5 to 4 victory. He registered 3 shots on goal , 2 PIM , 1 hit , won 3 of 4 faceoffs and was a +/- 0.

Seamus Casey had 2 powerplay assist (1 primary & 1 secondary) , was a -1 and had 1 shot on goal.
Ethan Edwards was a -2 in Michigan's 6 to 5 overtime loss against Wisconsin.

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018
Josh Filmon was quiet the last few games on the scoresheet but had a big night eating 1st star of the game in Swift Current's 6 to 0 win.

He had 2 goals , 1 primary assist , 5 shots & was a +3 on the night. The 2 goals were both nice shots. The first goal he picked a pass off in the offensive zone and than quickly sniper the goalie shortside from the hash marks. He showed off his great release on that goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad