Prospect Info: 2022 Young Stars Roster/Discussion

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That pass was good, not breathtaking in any way. Personally I find Perfetti to be a weak skater and quite slow.

He strikes me as a guy who could have an underwhelming career.

This team just isn't very good and I don't anticipate perfetti will change that very much.

I think you have to let it play out a bit. Perfetti isn't a finished product physically so its always tough to know where he ends up. Cole is entering the D+3 season which is when Scheifele started in the NHL, its also where Connor was when he got sent back down to the Moose at the beginning of the season, Its the same season when Morrissey joined the Moose. Ehlers was playing on the Jets but struggling to earn the trust of the Coach.

Most of our prized prospects were not looking special yet entering there D+3 seasons. I am a believer in Perfetti but I have been wrong in the past.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
That pass was good, not breathtaking in any way. Personally I find Perfetti to be a weak skater and quite slow.

He strikes me as a guy who could have an underwhelming career.

This team just isn't very good and I don't anticipate perfetti will change that very much.

all that reminded me of :laugh:

View attachment 585076

Noted.

I have revised my original post accordingly with the qualification below.

I still expect a strong season from Cole. He's learned fast and excelled at every level he's played at, has all the skill and HQ and the will to win to maximize his natural gifts -- and as we've seen, he's a dogged competitor who can shield the pack jest fine.

But yeah, we'll see.

NOTE: THE PASS AS ILLUSTRATED IN THE BELOW VIDEO MAY IN FACE BE LESS THAN BREATHTAKING* BUT I WAS FRANKLY TOO LAZY TO SIFT THROUGH YT TO FIND ONE OF THE ACTUALLY BREATHTAKING PASSES THAT WE ALL SAW COLE P MAKE ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS LAST SEASON. GO COLE!

* "Breathtaking" can be good or, as with some babies, frankly shocking.

Also looking forward to seeing Chaz and a few of the others on the ice against peers. Should be a nice chance to see where some of these guys are at, notwithstanding the general weirdness of this event.

Last edited:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Noted.

I have revised my original post accordingly with the qualification below.

I still expect a strong season from Cole. He's learned fast and excelled at every level he's played at, has all the skill and HQ and the will to win to maximize his natural gifts -- and as we've seen, he's a dogged competitor who can shield the pack jest fine.

But yeah, we'll see.

NOTE: THE PASS AS ILLUSTRATED IN THE BELOW VIDEO MAY IN FACE BE LESS THAN BREATHTAKING* BUT I WAS FRANKLY TOO LAZY TO SIFT THROUGH YT TO FIND ONE OF THE ACTUALLY BREATHTAKING PASSES THAT WE ALL SAW COLE P MAKE ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS LAST SEASON. GO COLE!

* "Breathtaking" can be good or, as with some babies, frankly shocking.

Also looking forward to seeing Chaz and a few of the others on the ice against peers. Should be a nice chance to see where some of these guys are at, notwithstanding the general weirdness of this event.
I clearly remember many of us saying last year that Perfetti's linemates simply weren't ready for some of the plays that he set up. We've never had someone like him before.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I clearly remember many of us saying last year that Perfetti's linemates simply weren't ready for some of the plays that he set up. We've never had someone like him before.
I'd say we have had players like that before, but those plays were coached out of them to the point that Dubois and Connor just never saw them coming. I remember one goal last season, on the power play I'm pretty sure, where Perfetti found a lane that essentially put him 1v1 with the goalie, but the second the man covering Dubois went to challenge Perfetti he handed off to Dubois for a tap in. I'm pretty certain that if that play hadn't resulted in a goal Perfetti would have been scolded for trying it. I'm very certain that if Ehlers had made the same play and it didn't work he would have been benched/demoted.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
A lot of that is simply players getting used to each other -
A lot of the anticipating we see in players comes from knowing their line mates and their tendencies.
That takes time and lots of communication

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I'd say we have had players like that before, but those plays were coached out of them to the point that Dubois and Connor just never saw them coming. I remember one goal last season, on the power play I'm pretty sure, where Perfetti found a lane that essentially put him 1v1 with the goalie, but the second the man covering Dubois went to challenge Perfetti he handed off to Dubois for a tap in. I'm pretty certain that if that play hadn't resulted in a goal Perfetti would have been scolded for trying it. I'm very certain that if Ehlers had made the same play and it didn't work he would have been benched/demoted.
You are SO right about that!
The team wasn’t coached to take the benefit from the skill and IQ the players had.
That’s why I’m optimistic for this year

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

Quoting @surixon for links to the game tonight. It's already late here but I'm going to try to stay up for the 1st at least. Not sure how long these will stay put on YT:

There is no way its not. You may just have to watch it on the other teams feed.

Edit found the other links

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd3q768cI74&ved=2ahUKEwi136z6g5X6AhUJrYkEHZKcDJsQwqsBegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2pbn5rTwCfRKzyZC5rAz_V

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iNjSjGoXNlI&ved=2ahUKEwjJ_Nryg5X6AhUEhIkEHUD7C7oQwqsBegQIJBAB&usg=AOvVaw3lxxDeFx61GL7uy31YNgwY

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxW4ZwZpLnE&ved=2ahUKEwjJ_Nryg5X6AhUEhIkEHUD7C7oQwqsBegQIHxAB&usg=AOvVaw24zUArX6jf8CgwNxJ2EeHD

Reactions:Guardian17, Arthur Fonzarelli, RabidOne and 1 other person

Reactions: Jet

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
My initial comment was in reply to @bustamente

His comment seemed to imply not only was Perfetti not ready for a top 6 role, but had a long way to go to even being NHL ready.

True there's some "pumping his tires", but that's to be expected when he's only the 5th top 10OA pick this organization has drafted. Laine (2nd), Scheifele (7th), Trouba (9th) Ehlers (9th), Perfetti (10th). He's in elite company.

Expectations are further strengthened when hockey analysts have him moving up/holding his position in 2022 redrafts.

Scott Wheeler goes as far as to have him rank 4th amongst 2022-2023 Calder candidates.

Here's a quote on Perfetti from the 2nd article you shared:
"Slender at 5'11” and 175 pounds, Perfetti is blessed with blazing speed and terrific offensive skills"
Blazing speed, they say 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: hockeyarena

None

Feb 22, 2012
Well the NHL.com player is worse than garbage so if they've removed the youtube stream option I probably just won't bother watching.

None

Feb 22, 2012

Oilers are still streaming it on youtube :dunno:

Edit: And it's dead :laugh:

Someone from the Oilers posted in the chat for the youtube stream that the NHL is requiring it be streamed on NHL.com and that the youtube stream was just a test.

Reactions: Guardian17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad