Prospect Info: 2022 Young Stars Roster/Discussion

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Bauer is in a no-contact jersey.

I don't mind Lucius playing center. He has a knack for knowing where to be. However Torgersson-Perfetti-Lucius would definitely be top chemistry based on old EA NHL games :sarcasm:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i was vehemently told perfetti was scoring 30 goals and 70 pts last season so. expecting him to get that per game at this tournament, otherwise he is a bust.
:sarcasm:

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
i was vehemently told perfetti was scoring 30 goals and 70 pts last season so. expecting him to get that per game at this tournament, otherwise he is a bust.
:sarcasm:

Hahaha. I am curious to see how quickly he shakes off the rust.

I keep reminding myself that this tournament is often a poor precursor to in season performance. None of Scheifele, Morrissey, Conner lite their last prospect camps up and they all went on to excellent years.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Hahaha. I am curious to see how quickly he shakes off the rust.

I keep reminding myself that this tournament is often a poor precursor to in season performance. None of Scheifele, Morrissey, Conner lite their last prospect camps up and they all went on to excellent years.
Ya. Petan and Lipon looked like world beaters several years ago. That worked out well for us. 😀

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Bauer is in a no-contact jersey.

I don't mind Lucius playing center. He has a knack for knowing where to be. However Torgersson-Perfetti-Lucius would definitely be top chemistry based on old EA NHL games :sarcasm:
Is that because they are worried he will hit back?

• Haha
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Does that mean the Friday game isn't televised?
The Jets Facebook page is televising all the Jets Young Stars game. I’m not sure why the link I provided came up with Sunday’s visuals. Their page looks like this.

Attachments

• D56ECF3A-DA40-4C38-9501-167626FBEF5C.png
    D56ECF3A-DA40-4C38-9501-167626FBEF5C.png
    478.1 KB · Views: 3
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Perfetti is the closest to being NHL ready but he still has a long way to go. Last year was a very small sample size but I'm very encouraged by his awareness in the game
Perfetti was on fire before getting sidelined last year. Pronman lists him as a Calder favourite. He’s a shoe in to make the Jets providing he can shake off the rust after the lengthy time off. Hoping Lucious doesn’t have a similar issue following his surgery.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Perfetti was on fire before getting sidelined last year. Pronman lists him as a Calder favourite. He’s a shoe in to make the Jets providing he can shake off the rust after the lengthy time off. Hoping Lucious doesn’t have a similar issue following his surgery.

On fire? Cool your jets, Fonz. Let's look at his game log.

He had 2 goals and 5 assists in 18 games. The team record with him in the lineup was 6-12. His scoring "exploits" provided 2 additional points in the standings by pushing a couple of games to OT losses. He had zero effect scoring-wise leading the team to wins.

I like Perfetti and I'm sure he is going to be a good/great player eventually but let's not go overboard with praise just yet.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I dont have much faith in Lucius. More likely to bust than be a top 6 player IMO.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
As far as I can recall, none of our "blue chippers" have ever lit up this tourney.

It'll be a disorganized shitshow with players trying to mesh with guys they've never played with before

For a guys like perfetti and Lambert, it will be a nightmare. Hope for a few moments of individual brilliance.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna

He had 2 goals and 5 assists in 18 games. The team record with him in the lineup was 6-12. His scoring "exploits" provided 2 additional points in the standings by pushing a couple of games to OT losses. He had zero effect scoring-wise leading the team to wins.

I like Perfetti and I'm sure he is going to be a good/great player eventually but let's not go overboard with praise just yet.
Stop with your “facts”.
I want superlatives and hyperbole only!!

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013

He set up so many grade A chances that his line mates couldn’t convert. He could’ve easily had seven or eight more points in those games.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

I did. This has come up in previous threads months ago.

Sure 7 points in 18 games sounds underwhelming, but looking under the hood Perfetti had just 1 point in his first 8 NHL games.

His game was coming to form in his final 10 before injury. Averaging 15.02 minutes TOI, he scored 6 points over that stretch and all but one of those points occurred at even strength. Further all points were primary.

He also had the strongest Corsi on the team over that period, drove possession & was the prime factor in many high danger scoring chances that his teammates misfired on, so much so he could have doubled his totals over those 10 games.

Perfetti isn't just making the team, he's deserving of a place in the top 6, particularly now with Copp & Stastny gone.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 6.14.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 6.14.11 AM.png
    350.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 6.20.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 6.20.09 AM.png
    421.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad