Prospect Info: 2022 Young Stars Roster/Discussion

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Can't train if you're playing in a tournament, there's 2+ weeks gone, in the middle of training which sucks. He's winding down the training and preparing for the season now, the youngstars is better than a few more days of training. Exhibition before the exhibition.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Can't train if you're playing in a tournament, there's 2+ weeks gone, in the middle of training which sucks. He's winding down the training and preparing for the season now, the youngstars is better than a few more days of training. Exhibition before the exhibition.

Yup, it was at a real inopportune time this summer. It's the reason most teams didn't allow their top prospects to go.

Reactions: MardyBum

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I thought Perfetti wouldn’t be in this. But if this was to ease him in, I’m all for it. Lots of interest for me this year compared to years past.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I don't think they are listing them by position. I'm sure they will mix and match. Also not really sure why they are having Cole play in this if he's seen as a big part of the team this year. Maybe he wanted the game action before camp.
Yeah it's just alphabetic order from top to bottom. Except Cutler and Cap for some weird reason.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Of course I won't go to the fridge for more beer if Lucius, Perfetti and that other guy...

Whats his name...? Ya if that guy plays... I won't go for more beers...

:popcorn:

Lambert. There can be only one. :nod:

highlander-lg.jpg

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. He has nothing to gain by playing in these games.
I'm guessing that they're trying to get him a many games as possible considering he's coming back from an injury.

Also, they're trying to sell tickets, no?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm guessing that they're trying to get him a many games as possible considering he's coming back from an injury.

Also, they're trying to sell tickets, no?

This is the Canucks tournament so I'm not sure that selling tickets would be a consideration for the Jets.

I definitely get the games argument but think he asked to play otherwise he would have been named a couple weeks back in that email that was put out where every team named 3 or so players.

Reactions: John Agar and hn777

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
This is the Canucks tournament so I'm not sure that selling tickets would be a consideration for the Jets.

I definitely get the games argument but think he asked to play otherwise he would have been named a couple weeks back in that email that was put out where every team named 3 or so players.
Maybe they were making sure he was physically healthy enough?

Also, I'm sure the teams share the revenue from the tourney, but i think it just covers costs

Reactions: surixon

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Got such a busy weekend ahead I don't think I can watch any of these games. Hopefully I can watch them later

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Will these games be live-streamed?
They've always been in the past on JetsTV.

The Jets Facebook account has also streamed the Penticton tournament in the past & of course there's always the Canucks own website.

Regardless of where you source it, you'll be watching the exact same broadcast.

Last edited:

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Anybody know which coach`s will be with the team at the competition? Just curious - don`t think that it will show anything particularly relevant.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
So Perfetti is indeed playing center as I thought he would. Good to see. Also interested in seeing Lucious down the middle. I have major concerns of his game translating their due to lack of play driving and foot speed but we shall see.

Lucious will need to have a big year with the Moose this season. He's one of our prospects I'm most interested seeing develop after so much missed time.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Lucious will need to have a big year with the Moose this season. He's one of our prospects I'm most interested seeing develop after so much missed time.

Yeah, gotta like his confidence but imo he has no chance in hell of cracking our roster nor would it be best for his development.

Reactions: SLAYER

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad