2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs general talk

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
And they are everywhere in Florida (and called lightning bugs). :laugh:

Not going to acknowledge Point?
I have. Point is obviously important for them, but they dont lose more than one player to injury which helps

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Rangers have been outclassed this series, they are lucky to not be down by 4 in this game. I’m happy that goal went in I hate it when teams dominate and lose.

Reactions: Reparlana

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Center advantage will depend largely on Kadri and Point though. I think at this point its not secret Point will be back, but how effective he'll be remains to be seen. I'd also argue its pretty like Kadri comes back at some point as well but again the question is about effectiveness. I dont think they have much of a Center advantage if Kadri was 100% healthy tbh. He's been just as good as any of the Tampa Centers all year and JTC has been great in the playoffs.

Obviously he wont be 100% though so the Bolts likely do have an advantage down the middle but the Avs have the advantage on the back end by quite a bit as well.

I think its ultimately going to come down to what the Avs goaltending does. Especially against Vasi, our guys cant afford to be giving up a soft goal every game like they pretty much have been. Its probably only going to take 3 Tampa Goals for the Avs to be in a lot of trouble each game and we cant afford to have 1 of them be a freebie every night either.
Even with Kadri, Tampa has a large center advantage with Point back. Without Kadri it isn’t even close.

Bolts aren’t as good at pushing the play offensively as Tampa, but Tampa (with their system) is much better defensively. Their ability to win games 1-0 or 2-1 is incredible.

Goaltending will play a huge role. Avs can’t give up soft goals at all. Vasi might give away 2-3 soft goals the whole series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad