2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs general talk

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
You are likely correct but I think you are missing my point. Denver is a city of transplants. Colorado hockey fans until very recently was made up of a lot of hockey transplants. Those transplants (like me) bought Avs season tickets because of the love of the sport and when our former teams came to town, we cheered for them. It was very prominent for the 1st couple of decades of Avs hockey. Fans from Detroit, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago and Minnesota would turn out en mass. Many had rights to playoff tickets because they were part of a partnership.

I don't know what the demographics are today. I just didn't want to see a repeat of period of '96 - '03 when the stands were filled with Red Wings fans in the playoff and thought that might be possible with NYR fans.

Not making this up. I was there and remember those years.
I think we all know that it is a city of transplants and yeah Detroit and Chicago always has been a tilted crowd. I don't think it matters though. Did you see that many Rangers fans tonight? A lot more NYC people move to Florida than Colorado, they didn't really get too much of the crowd. Playoffs usually are a different beast.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I would like...
... nothing more...
........ than to see the Avs....
...........wipe those legacy smirks....
..............off their faces,
It's going to be much, much harder for TB than they are thinking. Goaltending as usual is going to be key. But its also hard to give any edge to TB's D over the Avs.

Cooper and staff did figure out how to stop the Rangers. Esp. their PP. Gallant had no answers. So the Rangers kept trying what had worked before even though it wasn't now. Watching Bednar the last two series, the Avs are not going to be as easy or as compliant.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
It's going to be much, much harder for TB than they are thinking. Goaltending as usual is going to be key. But its also hard to give any edge to TB's D over the Avs.

Cooper and staff did figure out how to stop the Rangers. Esp. their PP. Gallant had no answers. So the Rangers kept trying what had worked before even though it wasn't now. Watching Bednar the last two series, the Avs are not going to be as easy or as compliant.
I agree everything about the Avs is just different. Those looks of all business after series wins said it all. They aren't going to let emotions like frustration or stretches where they lose the play get the best of them. They know they have the deeper lineup and have all the pieces they needed.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I think we all know that it is a city of transplants and yeah Detroit and Chicago always has been a tilted crowd. I don't think it matters though. Did you see that many Rangers fans tonight? A lot more NYC people move to Florida than Colorado, they didn't really get too much of the crowd. Playoffs usually are a different beast.
Cameraman found a few. But yeah, not many. They didnt have much to cheer about anyways so there was no reason to focus on them.

I was amazed at the number of EDM fans at the Avs first game at the Can. Looked like a few more Avs fans sold their tickets on the secondary market than was expected.

No need to respond. I've already met you half way on this and we might as well agree to disagree on the rest..

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014

Agree across all points. Tipping point of course being goaltending. From what I saw, NY fell into the tempo trap. Tempo being controlled by TB's style. Not at all NY's game, but looked like they were hypnotized by TB and never came remotely to breaking out of it.

Was thinking while watching that if MacK does what he does, which is not give a flying fvck about who's across from him which is infectious to his teammates (and fans), be it a reporter or an opposing team, Avs are highly disruptive. I think that is the other tipping point.. Avs not get hypnotized by the Bolts style of play. Sustained compete level, their way, and agree with you.. Avs can make nothing about this series easy. Good.

Admit am coming close to the fervor I maintain for Army/Navy football game. And that is 'close'. Nothing can attain that level inNsho.

Reactions: MacKaRant

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Every team loses eventually. We are not like Dallas or Montreal were. We are the toughest challenge the Lightning have faced as well. This series could really go either way depending on which version shows up every night.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
The Avalanche are much, much closer to the Leafs than they are the Panthers/Rangers. That series gave Tampa fits.

The Avs need to be studying tape of that series through and through, not looking at what Tampa did against the other two clubs. We play against Tampa Bay the way the Leafs did, I think we win this series.

A fully healthy Taveres was the #2C in that series for TO.

We either have Kadri with no thumb…or god forbid JTC.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
its easy to say new yorkers or americans, but u can say the same about football violence in europe... its jus the f***ed up world we live in now

they are jus so f***in deep its unbelievable... their 3rd-4th line players would be 2nd and 3rd liners on most teams

Lol you cant say the same thing about fans in Europe. Americans are way more civillized here compered to Europe. It depends where, but in most cases it is unthinkable to have fans mixed. They are seperated with wires and police in full riot gear and somethimes that is not enough to stop them figthing.

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
Lol you cant say the same thing about fans in Europe. Americans are way more civillized here compered to Europe. It depends where, but in most cases it is unthinkable to have fans mixed. They are seperated with wires and police in full riot gear and somethimes that is not enough to stop them figthing.
good point

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
The real question is which team has Patrick Maroon?
Let me give a quick check of the Avs roster here...M's, let's see M's, MacDermid, no, MacDonald, no, MacKinnon, no, Makar, no, wow, we have a ton of Macs, Manson, no. Welp, looks like we're screwed.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Let me give a quick check of the Avs roster here...M's, let's see M's, MacDermid, no, MacDonald, no, MacKinnon, no, Makar, no, wow, we have a ton of Macs, Manson, no. Welp, looks like we're screwed.
It’s all right. We have Jason “the Legend” Megna

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Agree across all points. Tipping point of course being goaltending. From what I saw, NY fell into the tempo trap. Tempo being controlled by TB's style. Not at all NY's game, but looked like they were hypnotized by TB and never came remotely to breaking out of it.

Was thinking while watching that if MacK does what he does, which is not give a flying fvck about who's across from him which is infectious to his teammates (and fans), be it a reporter or an opposing team, Avs are highly disruptive. I think that is the other tipping point.. Avs not get hypnotized by the Bolts style of play. Sustained compete level, their way, and agree with you.. Avs can make nothing about this series easy. Good.
I've been reflecting on exactly this, and I think that the losses to the Knights last year have done this team a world of good for this go around. Aside from Game 2 against St Louis (and the third period in Game 5 against St Louis and maybe the first two periods of Game 4 against Edmonton), the Avs have been playing their game and imposing their will on opponents. Granted not playing perfect, unbeatable hockey especially with the below average goaltending, but they have been very consistent at being able to play their game.

It’s all right. We have Jason “the Legend” Megna
Just goes to show how legendary of a legend Megna is, that no one knows how to spell his first name without looking it up (apparently it's Jayson) :sarcasm:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
A fully healthy Taveres was the #2C in that series for TO.

We either have Kadri with no thumb…or god forbid JTC.
Or we just play Rantanen as C. And I'd take Rantanen as #2 over JT at this point. That Tavares contract is the root for basically all of Toronto's problems. What a horrible deal lol.

Reactions: Bowe Byrum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad