2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs general talk

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Strome closes and Stamkos doesn’t get a clean shot. It was a soft goal, but the shot was allowed by Strome’s inability to play defense there.

Oh agreed Ryan is slightly at fault here, but Panger was making it sound like it was entirely Strome’s fault.

Mind you I’ve instantly quantified how valuable that critique is by saying it’s from Panger.

Reactions: Hennessy

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Toronto almost beat Tampa. If the Leafs had a better d core, Tampa probably wouldn't be here right now

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Oh agreed Ryan is slightly at fault here, but Panger was making it sound like it was entirely Strome’s fault.

Mind you I’ve instantly quantified how valuable that critique is by saying it’s from Panger.
But it wasn’t Panger. ;)

Toronto almost beat Tampa. If the Leafs had a better d core, Tampa probably wouldn't be here right now
Toronto has arguable the best forward group in the NHL too…

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Tampa was straight up fortunate to beat Toronto, the Leafs carried the play for the majority of the series. I think Toronto was one uncalled 5 on 3 or interference penalty away from winning the series.

Reactions: the_fan

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It could also be Tampa (specially Vasi) wasn't playing as well as they are now at the start of the playoffs?
I think it's more like Toronto had the speed and scoring to beat Tampa but their D and goaltending wasn't enough

Reactions: Foppa2118

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Igor just can't let that goal in. That was so bad.

Who am I (or Bieksa or Elliotte) to question Gallant but man, that Cirelli line has been taking his top guys completely out it and there's nothing they can do about it. Whether it's stubborness or some strategy involved, there has been no answer.

Lets see if the Rangers have one more run in them.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
It’s incredible to see how impotent the Rangers have been on the road through 3 series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad