2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs general talk

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
I disagree… especially in playoff hockey. People were complying about Kadri until right before he got injured.
In the regular season Kadri but in the playoffs it’s Cirelli. I Really wish we were able to get Gourde. Or even…. Dare is say it and eat crow… McPaul.

Reactions: henchman21

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
McGuire right now:

pierre-mcguire-corn-dog.gif

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
I would like...
... nothing more...
........ than to see the Avs....
...........wipe those legacy smirks....
..............off their faces,

Reactions: Gruyeriev

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Nate if asked that question would garble something out there in 2 sentences and give the interviewer a look that shuts her up in an instant

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Not many will. This trend holds true in all sports, opposing fans can plan for a regular season game but not as much for playoffs. Not saying none will show up but it will be a small share of the audience, mostly those who pay top dollar on secondary market.
You are likely correct but I think you are missing my point. Denver is a city of transplants. Colorado hockey fans until very recently was made up of a lot of hockey transplants. Those transplants (like me) bought Avs season tickets because of the love of the sport and when our former teams came to town, we cheered for them. It was very prominent for the 1st couple of decades of Avs hockey. Fans from Detroit, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago and Minnesota would turn out en mass. Many had rights to playoff tickets because they were part of a partnership.

I don't know what the demographics are today. I just didn't want to see a repeat of period of '96 - '03 when the stands were filled with Red Wings fans in the playoff and thought that might be possible with NYR fans.

Not making this up. I was there and remember those years.

Reactions: drhiii

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad