GDT: 2022 Playoffs: WCQF Game 1 | WC2: Predators @ C1: Colorado Avalanche | 5.3.22 | 8:30p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Let's say Forsberg, Duchene, and Josi don't play heroball (heropuck?). What else do we have? That's our only chance at this point, IMO.
Forsberg and Josi were hurt and Duchene sucked when the first seeds of the team turning things around started to sprout last year? And they were good, but just part of the equation, not the whole equation, when we were playing so much better in December and January. Them playing heropuck seems like it might have been the downfall of this team, as counter-intuitive as that ought to have been. :(

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
If I'm up 6-1 against a team that is very overmatched, but very physical, random shithousery is probably not the path I want to go down. They have a lot more to lose than the Preds do.
Post automatically merged:

Where did that come from? I'd get it if the Preds blew up, but the Avs were the catalysts for all that.
Well, Kunin was doing Kunin stuff, but going after a Tomasino? Guy didn't even get within spitting range of the goal.

You

Jul 1, 2010
Forsberg and Josi were hurt and Duchene sucked when the first seeds of the team turning things around started to sprout last year? And they were good, but just part of the equation, not the whole equation, when we were playing so much better in December and January. Them playing heropuck seems like it might have been the downfall of this team, as counter-intuitive as that ought to have been. :(
But they're only out there for 1/3 of the game. I'm not sure there's anything else there.

There was in the first half of the year, when we were clicking. And obviously it would be preferable. But it's great that they scored so much individually, because otherwise we would have set some scoring drought records IMO.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
This whole 3rd period has been like one long Avs power play. That might be just as embarrassing as getting down 5-0 to start with. We can't even keep up in garbage time

Reactions: Legionnaire11

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Effort is really poor. Some guys are coasting, some are scrambling. Just a complete mess. Amazingly, it all still only counts as one win...not that it will matter.

That is what I am trying to keep telling myself. This loss no matter how bad it feels is no different than the Rangers losing a gut wrenching 3OT game. Both teams down 1-0

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
This whole 3rd period has been like one long Avs power play. That might be just as embarrassing as getting down 5-0 to start with. We can't even keep up in garbage time
Nah, Avs came back out with a purpose in the third. Don't let up, don't let them start thinking the first period was just fluke bad period, don't let them start having any belief, etc... We came out thinking we were still in a garbage time truce.

Bummer. Almost Benning.

Nice shift 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad