GDT: 2022 Playoffs: WCQF Game 1 | WC2: Predators @ C1: Colorado Avalanche | 5.3.22 | 8:30p

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
David Poile’s job is safe as long as he manages to put a team together that makes it into the playoffs. As long as ownership gets at least one round of playoff revenue, they’re happy and Poile has managed to get that for them consistently.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think we see some moving of the deck chairs but unless Poile gets really aggressive it will be much the same team. I could see Kunin or Tolvanen getting moved though and I don't see a guy like Cousins being back.

Reactions: originalpredfan

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I think we see some moving of the deck chairs but unless Poile gets really aggressive it will be much the same team. I could see Kunin or Tolvanen getting moved though and I don't see a guy like Cousins being back.
That's reasonable. There will be a rookie or 2 in the line-up as well. There always seems to be.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Parsinnen, Glass, and maybe Afanasyev compete for roster spots. Evangelista turns pro. Askarov is in North America and likely an Admiral. Tolvanen just turned 23 ... Kunin is 24 until December ... they are still young.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I wouldn't read too much into Ingram looking more solid than Rittich. The Avs were already up by 5 goals. There was no reason for them to push for more. If Ingram had started the game, he might've gotten run out of the net, same as Rittich. We just don't know. That said, I would still start Ingram in Game 2 just in case and cross my fingers, but I have a feeling that we'll see Rittich again sooner rather than later.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
I wouldn't read too much into Ingram looking more solid than Rittich. The Avs were already up by 5 goals. There was no reason for them to push for more. If Ingram had started the game, he might've gotten run out of the net, same as Rittich. We just don't know. That said, I would still start Ingram in Game 2 just in case and cross my fingers, but I have a feeling that we'll see Rittich again sooner rather than later.

All three of our goalies have been shelled over the past 5 weeks. The only bright spot was Saros vs the Sharks.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
@Jonesey Can we close this thread and forget this abomination of a game? The only "bright side" is this loss counts exactly the same as New Yorks 3OT loss to the Pens. Regroup, figure out a way to win tomorrow, and as unlikely as it would seem we would actually be in command of the series.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Vamos los Perds! Not optimistic, but the boys often play the underdog card well; let's f-ing go!

And is the game going to air on NHLN (or another channel) until NYR/PIT ends? Or they just wait to start? I feel like I ask this question every playoffs, apologies.
Welcome to the networks of ESPN, where only basketball really matters!

Reactions: CRay

CRay

Feb 9, 2021
David Poile’s job is safe as long as he manages to put a team together that makes it into the playoffs. As long as ownership gets at least one round of playoff revenue, they’re happy and Poile has managed to get that for them consistently.
Unless more and more people come to games disguised as empty seats.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I don’t know you may or may not be right but you would have to think that Ingram could of done a better job at stopping some of those saveable shots that Rittch let in. Let’s not act like Rittch wasn’t absolutely atrocious. He didn’t make one save that an average goalie would of made. Rittch will not be with this team next year so why play him anymore. Might as well play Ingram the rest of the way if saros doesn’t come back. At least doing that we can work on the things he needs to work on in the off-season

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
The just having enough to get into the playoffs was old years ago. Poile teams have always been underwhelming. With holes in one area or another keeping them from being a true contender. Yeah there was a cup final year but heck look at last year the Habs went to the final with a garbage team. It’s a crazy game where the GM builds a team and the coaching has to get the best of them. The Preds have needed a rebuild for three years but Poile just patches enough to get into the money making post season. Guys like Kunin who I wanted to be the real thing isn’t same with Tolvanan both may be 3rd liners but not able to impact that top 6 a team has to have. In all the years of Poile in the league he has never upped his expectations.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
The just having enough to get into the playoffs was old years ago. Poile teams have always been underwhelming. With holes in one area or another keeping them from being a true contender. Yeah there was a cup final year but heck look at last year the Habs went to the final with a garbage team. It’s a crazy game where the GM builds a team and the coaching has to get the best of them. The Preds have needed a rebuild for three years but Poile just patches enough to get into the money making post season. Guys like Kunin who I wanted to be the real thing isn’t same with Tolvanan both may be 3rd liners but not able to impact that top 6 a team has to have. In all the years of Poile in the league he has never upped his expectations.
Didn't your real team get their butt kicked by Toronto?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
latest

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad