GDT: 2022 Playoffs: WCQF Game 1 | WC2: Predators @ C1: Colorado Avalanche | 5.3.22 | 8:30p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
FRzTd77XoAACJOl

:nashville
Predators Lineup:
Kunin-Johansen-Tomasino
Forsberg-Granlund-Duchene
Trenin-Sissons-Jeannot
Cousins-McCarron-Olivier

Josi-Fabbro
Ekholm-Carrier
Borowiecki-Benning

F236Pcl.jpg
Predators Injuries:
Juuse Saros - DTD - Lower Body
Jeremy Lauzon - DTD - Lower Body

:avs
Avalanche Lineup:
Nichushkin-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Landeskog-Kadri-Lehkonen
Burakovsky-Compher-NAK
Cogliano-Sturm-Helm

Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson
Byram-E. Johnson

F236Pcl.jpg
Avalanche Injuries:
Ryan Murray - DTD - Hand

Goalies:

QtFeRQx.jpg

rnRbrRI.jpg

tljHARy.jpg

vZ4lcJw.jpg

Betting Odds:
2j1CyPF.jpg

Recap:

Last edited:

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Alright preds, time to go back to pre April hockey. Grasp that underdog role like you did when people had you picked to finish at the bottom 10 in the league. I said pre April with the way we was playing then that I thought this team could beat anyone. 1.Defenseman not named Josi play a defensive sound game, don’t pitch. I know it sounds unfair but you just don’t have the skills josi has. Rittch is gonna need your support bad. He doesn’t need to see and 2-1 breaks.
2. Be physical! I wanna see Colorado cringe and flitch when they see you coming. Every chance you get lay a body on them but keep it clean. Which brings me to my next point
3. Stay out of the box. You know what else would help Rittch? It’s keeping one of the most dangerous power play units off the ice.
I could go on but that’s the most important in my opinion what this team needs to do tonight. I wanna see a hard fought game and c the Avs to earn everything tonight. I still have faith that this team can shock the world again. Let’s go Preds!!! Can’t wait for the puck drop

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Alright preds, time to go back to pre April hockey. Grasp that underdog role like you did when people had you picked to finish at the bottom 10 in the league. I said pre April with the way we was playing then that I thought this team could beat anyone. 1.Defenseman not named Josi play a defensive sound game, don’t pitch. I know it sounds unfair but you just don’t have the skills josi has. Rittch is gonna need your support bad. He doesn’t need to see and 2-1 breaks.
2. Be physical! I wanna see Colorado cringe and flitch when they see you coming. Every chance you get lay a body on them but keep it clean. Which brings me to my next point
3. Stay out of the box. You know what else would help Rittch? It’s keeping one of the most dangerous power play units off the ice.
I could go on but that’s the most important in my opinion what this team needs to do tonight. I wanna see a hard fought game and c the Avs to earn everything tonight. I still have faith that this team can shock the world again. Let’s go Preds!!! Can’t wait for the puck drop
All the D should play more conservatively... I'm looking at you Carrier... and for that matter, even Josi - you're not chasing a record anymore Cap! They need to help their goalie a lot better than they have for the last couple of months.

And the physicality needs to be relentless, methodical, but not gratuitous. Don't get trapped behind the play. And watch the situationals and game management slants coming from the refs. Should be able to get a sense when they will be Looking to call one on the Preds, don't make it easy for them. Play hard, but smart, don't just run around flexing.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Well, if yesterday is any indication, we're going to the box a lot. I was hoping for less whistles and with our rep, that's a bad combo.

Three blowouts yesterday and each series having even penalties for each team except for one.

BOS/CAR - 3 PP's each
TB/TOR - 5/6 PP's each
STL/MIN - 6 PP's each
LA/EDM - 4 PP's each

We'll see if NSH/COL will have even PP's.

Go Rittich. Gotta win this this game 1. Huge game that can set the tone for the series.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
All the D should play more conservatively... I'm looking at you Carrier... and for that matter, even Josi - you're not chasing a record anymore Cap! They need to help their goalie a lot better than they have for the last couple of months.

And the physicality needs to be relentless, methodical, but not gratuitous. Don't get trapped behind the play. And watch the situationals and game management slants coming from the refs. Should be able to get a sense when they will be Looking to call one on the Preds, don't make it easy for them. Play hard, but smart, don't just run around flexing.
I dunno, I think being overly conservative is what's costing them. They're overly content to turtle in front of the goalie and let the other teams get puck control and position in the zone. Teams are just picking their shots and firing through traffic all day. It's good if you're blocking all the shots but we're not blocking a lot lately. We really need to be attacking the puck more in the zone and forcing them into quicker passes and still try to keep them outside the slot area.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I dunno, I think being overly conservative is what's costing them. They're overly content to turtle in front of the goalie and let the other teams get puck control and position in the zone. Teams are just picking their shots and firing through traffic all day. It's good if you're blocking all the shots but we're not blocking a lot lately. We really need to be attacking the puck more in the zone and forcing them into quicker passes and still try to keep them outside the slot area.
I think most of their problems in their own zone stem from somebody always being out of position... either from an over-aggressive pinch or going for a hit somewhere up the ice, and then everybody else ends up tripping over themselves scrambling back to cover things, but nobody quite reading the best way to do that.

So you can pressure the puck, especially once properly set in the defensive zone and with everybody in position, and you can be in the right lanes to block shots, and you can even attack the puck carrier more. And that's not really what I'm talking about in terms of playing more "Conservatively". I'm saying more don't make the same mistakes further up the ice that lead to some of these scrambly recovery attempts in the first place.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Actually he could come back through a loophole but I doubt we’d use that. EBUG is allowed for Rinne and there is no limit in the playoffs like in the regular season but once again I doubt we’d do that

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I heard that Askarov signed with Milwaukee. He is the other goalie, not Pekka.

Maybe I should have said assigned to Milwaukee?

Last edited:

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
You know, Rittich has been an all-star in his career and Flames fans tell us about times when he would get hot and become unbeatable.

Now, with the Preds so far he's been sitting behind the guy who led the league in starts so he's been cold most of the time. At his best for us he was able to win games despite a subpar stat line, at his worst, well...

But what could be the X factor is the pressure and the mental state that he has to carry now. No longer is he stapled to the bench, collecting checks for watching Juuse play. Now David Rittich is THE GUY. He's the one who knows that he's got the starter's net, that he's the one that the team's success is depending on. If this is a player who thrives on that mental distinction and rises up with the pressure of the playoffs, we could do something special!

Reactions: adsfan

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Vamos los Perds! Not optimistic, but the boys often play the underdog card well; let's f-ing go!

And is the game going to air on NHLN (or another channel) until NYR/PIT ends? Or they just wait to start? I feel like I ask this question every playoffs, apologies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Vamos los Perds! Not optimistic, but the boys often play the underdog card well; let's f-ing go!

And is the game going to air on NHLN (or another channel) until NYR/PIT ends? Or they just wait to start? I feel like I ask this question every playoffs, apologies.
Rangers just had the go ahead goal disallowed with 3 mins left in regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad