GDT: 2022 NHL Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
sounds Like cbj just flat out offered more $. I’m fine with fitz sticking to his guns at what sounds like was likely around 9-9.5.

Homedresser

Proverbs 26:4-5
Dec 7, 2021
Yeah but that’s not how it works. Imagine if they got allstar goaltending would that mean playoffs? Hall of fame goaltending would that mean a cup?
in his mind that is how it works. Take a player's stats from a different team apply them to your team and this is exactly what would happen. How can you have a serious conversation with someone who think like that?

Reactions: HersheyBob27

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I'm more happy they got rid of Zacha than if they signed Gaudreau tbh.
They could have just not qualified Zacha and let him walk. Not that difficult. It wasn't some heist trading him for a bottom 6 forward on an expiring contract.

Last edited:

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
I do wonder, for all those sky is falling folks, what would the thought have been had we got JG? Sounds like right now the organization is a black hole of total garbage that is doomed to spend all eternity simply hoping not to be bottom 5 in the league. If we are THAT horrendous, was JG going to make any meaningful difference anyway? If we are that bad, what is missing out on JG making people so upset about?
I mean an elite 80+ point player on this team immediately puts us into the playoff discussion, all else constant. No?

Reactions: BostonDevil

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Shesterkins goaltending likely gets us about where the rags got last season.

I do wonder, for all those sky is falling folks, what would the thought have been had we got JG? Sounds like right now the organization is a black hole of total garbage that is doomed to spend all eternity simply hoping not to be bottom 5 in the league. If we are THAT horrendous, was JG going to make any meaningful difference anyway? If we are that bad, what is missing out on JG making people so upset about?
Right now the core is there for better or worse the foundation is in place. You have to surround them with some legit nhl talent to get the most out of them. I know people on here love shara but to me that’s not top line talent. Have a nice foundation and a bunch of unknowns. Team is a bunch of kids that only know losing. And only know acquiring reclamation project players and hope they turn into more.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Jack Hughes was on pace for 94 in an 82 game season with this dogshit powerplay (granted when he was around the PP was OK).
Hughes is a budding superstar - not saying anything to the contrary - but I just take issue with folks pretending JG doesn't immediately make this team better.

Reeks of copium to me. Yes, this contract probably sucks in years 5-7, hell maybe even earlier. But, assuming he stays healthy, he would've immediately, drastically, improved this roster next year.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You'd think for a fanbase that has it's fair share of Jets fans, they'd know what actual incompetence looks like...
I’d take the current Jets braintrust over the Devils without even hesitation. And I realize they haven’t won jack yet either but they at least look like they have a plan and are proactive. The Devils continue to be reactive and wait for the perfect move for the perfect age to fall out of the sky and hit them on the head a la Hall or Dougie who nobody else bid on.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Shesterkins goaltending likely gets us about where the rags got last season.

It really is silly. I’m bummed, but it’s upsetting because we’ve built a really nice core and he could help us get to the next level. The idea that we’re some wasteland is so dumb.

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
As someone who grew up in the central part of the state, it's moments like these that make me have a dislike for people in South Jersey who root for Phily teams. It's despicable for a player born and raised in the state to not want to play for the team of his home state but would rather play for Phily instead. It's such bullshit.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
No interest in giving the Rangers prime picks for Kakko, especially when you know the guy they take with the pick is going to wind up being better than him.

Reactions: Devils090

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Jack Hughes was on pace for 94 in an 82 game season with this dogshit powerplay (granted when he was around the PP was OK).

That’s great and all and great bratt had a career year and so did nico. I do wonder if that was helped by the fact the season was over by New Years.

LoktionovMVP

Nov 1, 2018
Offer sheet Robertson/Oettinger/Trading for Laine or Tkachuk

The last two ways Fitz can earn back some respect

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
It really is silly. I’m bummed, but it’s upsetting because we’ve built a really nice core and he could help us get to the next level. The idea that we’re some wasteland is so dumb.
Certainly not a wasteland, just fighting an uphill battle to sniff the playoffs again.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
As someone who grew up in the central part of the state, it's moments like these that make me have a dislike for people in South Jersey who root for Phily teams. It's despicable for a player born and raised in the state to not want to play for the team of his home state but would rather play for Phily instead. It's such bullshit.

Lol when is north jersey going to produce a star player that will want to come home for his hometown devils. I mean dang even Arizona produced matthews.

Reactions: Japam

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Hughes is a budding superstar - not saying anything to the contrary - but I just take issue with folks pretending JG doesn't immediately make this team better.

Reeks of copium to me. Yes, this contract probably sucks in years 5-7, hell maybe even earlier. But, assuming he stays healthy, he would've immediately, drastically, improved this roster next year.

Yes, JG makes the team better next year. The issue is, and the issue I had with the move this morning so it's not copium, is that it doesn't add a new dimension to the team. It's not a great fit. Yeah, the team's better, but they have to move a bunch of pieces around and probably keep certain players away from other players when making lines. It would've been exciting. But then making this into a Cup contender in a few years becomes that much more challenging.

That’s great and all and great bratt had a career year and so did nico. I do wonder if that was helped by the fact the season was over by New Years.

It wasn't, but you can go ahead and pretend like it was. Bratt was having a great season well before the season went into the toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad