GDT: 2022 NHL Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
There's ample room on this team for Bratt and Gaudreau. They would likely be playing on different lines on the top 6. Key is making sure there's a good complementary winger for Gaudreau. I tend to think they'd need a winger with some physicality to help on the board play. Could be Mercer even maybe if they move him off C.

Folks get too caught up with how many forwards we have. Some will not be here soon this offseason or gone next year (Zacha, Tatar, Johnsson). Even a guy like Wood is not a long-term likelihood and with questions on hip. Some of these young guys too won't make it or will be moved around for other fits over coming years as the mix of guys changes as needed.

I think Palat is in the convo as a fallback option. I wonder if Lou strikes out on Gaudreau if the Isles would take swing on Palat. Gut says yes.

Reactions: My3Sons and Saugus

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Wish list:
Top 6 forward

1-2 veteran bottom 6 depth forwards (ideally with some bite and/or size to them and good defensively, eg. Sturm, Larsson)

3RD (would like a good veteran who can move the puck and run a powerplay in case of injuries, eg. Schultz, Subban)

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
i don’t think so either, but i’m not sure that’s the best plan. i’m not a fan of redundancies. we need a couple of guys with size that can create space.

Agreed. Especially given having some play drivers in top 6 now, we need somebody with propensity to shoot and some size/board play.

devlzfan

Aug 28, 2007
Farmingdale, NY
If you consider Bernier could go on LTIR and Johnsson can be dumped to a cap floor team ($3.4M in cap hit for $750K in cash), that means the Devils could choose to spend up to $34.4M. If you include Boqvist ($1M), Wood ($3M settled before arbitration) and let's say Holtz ($894K) and Bahl ($795K) and Vanecek signs for $2.5M, that leaves $26.2M for two forwards a defenseman (good-bye Zacha). If Gaudreau and Bratt and said defenseman can be signed for a combined $19M, you'd still have up to $7.2M of cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad