GDT: 2022 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - July 7th - 7 P.M / Round 2-7 - July 8th - 11 A.M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Looking forward to tonight. I'm hoping for a solid prospect to add to our core, and some crazy trades... involving other teams.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
1657199734627.png

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
The moment the Devils are on the clock is going to be the longest 5-6 minutes. I truly think if Montreal takes Slaf, Fitz has a few deals on the table he’s going to consider. Not that I don’t want Wright, but I can see other teams ponying up to take our spot.
You know they’re going to take the full 5 anyway…ya know, to keep the network happy

Reactions: Blackjack

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
The we're about to get a lesson on PR management - How long does it take to get a population to accept an idea they at first wouldn't like?
Mtl started to push the Slafkovsky idea a week ago and upped it again two days ago.

Will the fans boo the pick tonight?

Yes, and in both French and English at that. :sarcasm:

Really though, I think most Habs fans will be fine either way, Wright is a good player who will make them better, and even if they go with Slafkovsky, they will probably be able to convince themselves it was the smart pick due to McKenzie's rankings or some other punditry supporting that.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I have such a hard time seeing MTL passing on Wright, honestly. They have to take a center.

And I also have all eyes on Philly tonight. I have a feeling Fletcher is going to swing for the fences and land the best roster player he can with the pick.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
The moment the Devils are on the clock is going to be the longest 5-6 minutes. I truly think if Montreal takes Slaf, Fitz has a few deals on the table he’s going to consider. Not that I don’t want Wright, but I can see other teams ponying up to take our spot.

I don't see him trading down at all. Such trade downs rarely come together and often don't work out moving out of the top 3.

Reactions: Devs3cups

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Honestly, having a right-handed center like Wright would be incredibly useful for this team. Our overabundance of left-handed shots is a bit of a problem, and with both Jack and Nico being lefties we really need a quality RH center. And Mercer isn't that guy.

It would help quite bit on the PP and give us a bit more flexibility with lines.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
When you've got time you use it. -Lou
Don’t you worry about my clock!

Yes, and in both French and English at that. :sarcasm:

Really though, I think most Habs fans will be fine either way, Wright is a good player who will make them better, and even if they go with Slafkovsky, they will probably be able to convince themselves it was the smart pick due to McKenzie's rankings or some other punditry supporting that.
Lé boooo

Ok I need people to tell me if I'm crazy or not. Does Slaf have short legs and a long torso? When I watch him I swear he his legs look small and someone else said on a picture of Wright and Slaf next to each other that it looked like their waistline was in a similar spot despite being a few inches taller
Oh Christ, “wide turns” is being resurrected as “short legs.”

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Tough decision tonight. I'm in a small cabin along a river and the best fishing has been from 7:00pm to dark. Do I go into town to watch the draft at the local bar or do I fish the evening sulphur hatch?

Not sure...see how the day goes but I'm not sure I should miss the whole evening hatch for selection that's going to take 2 seconds? But on the other hand, if anything out of the ordinary happens I'd hate to miss it?

I think the river might have to take priority. Hopefully I'll catch a 20+'' and come back to watch Slafkovsky saying how he always wanted to be a Devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad