GDT: 2022 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - July 7th - 7 P.M / Round 2-7 - July 8th - 11 A.M

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
C61-EAA63-97-C2-4-F37-B944-5-FDA9-D800455.jpg

my body is ready

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It’ll be a real nut punch if Montreal takes Slafkovsky. I was lukewarm on him to start, but I’ve definitely warmed up to him, think he’d be a great fit for our current forward corps.

If it happens, hope they try and trade down and go with one of the RDs. Wright is a good player, but bleh.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
When was the last time the 1st overall pick was one of these players with very low stats playing overseas? I feel like every year the 1st overall is somebody with near 100 point season. It’s probably sooner than I think but just curious.

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon
If they stay at #2 we should be coming away with Wright or Slaf. They are the 2 best players here, AND they both are good fits on the roster. I think Slaf has the potential to be an absolute beast, and Wright could make a huge impact sniping for our speedy playmakers.

That aside, I would be fine with Nemec and Cooley, but dont prefer it.

Nemec, as he could be a long term D partner for luke. its a bit of an underwhelming pick, but would make sense.

Cooley is a very talented kid, I just dont see how it makes any sense for us at this juncture, with some of the other options available. but nothing wrong with adding high end skating and skill.

ANY other player should not even be considered unless its a trade down scenario. this includes Jiriceck who I love, but his skating is way too much of a risk for me top 4.

so naturally that being said......
ITS MARCO KASPER SZN!!!!!

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Don’t want to be a downer but I’m just getting more and more worried that Fitz is either going to reach with the pick or get an underwhelming return in a trade.

Please just go up to the podium and take Wright or Slaf unless someone makes a stupid offer.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
If they stay at #2 we should be coming away with Wright or Slaf. They are the 2 best players here, AND they both are good fits on the roster. I think Slaf has the potential to be an absolute beast, and Wright could make a huge impact sniping for our speedy playmakers.

That aside, I would be fine with Nemec and Cooley, but dont prefer it.

Nemec, as he could be a long term D partner for luke. its a bit of an underwhelming pick, but would make sense.

Cooley is a very talented kid, I just dont see how it makes any sense for us at this juncture, with some of the other options available. but nothing wrong with adding high end skating and skill.

ANY other player should not even be considered unless its a trade down scenario. this includes Jiriceck who I love, but his skating is way too much of a risk for me top 4.

so naturally that being said......
ITS MARCO KASPER SZN!!!!!
Nemec to me would be the NFL equivalent of drafting lineman. It’s not a sexy and exciting pick but it’s the type that helps build the team in the right way. With that said… I’m team Wright/Slaf all the way.

Don’t want to be a downer but I’m just getting more and more worried that Fitz is either going to reach with the pick or get an underwhelming return in a trade.

Please just go up to the podium and take Wright or Slaf unless someone makes a stupid offer.
I’m hoping for one of Wright or Slaf but if Montreal goes Slaf I want Fitz to take the full time allotted to allow other teams to make desperate calls and potentially overpay for Wright.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Starting to believe more and more that Montreal is going to take Slaf.

The we're about to get a lesson on PR management - How long does it take to get a population to accept an idea they at first wouldn't like?
Mtl started to push the Slafkovsky idea a week ago and upped it again two days ago.

Will the fans boo the pick tonight?

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Nemec to me would be the NFL equivalent of drafting lineman. It’s not a sexy and exciting pick but it’s the type that helps build the team in the right way. With that said… I’m team Wright/Slaf all the way.

I’m hoping for one of Wright or Slaf but if Montreal goes Slaf I want Fitz to take the full time allotted to allow other teams to make desperate calls and potentially overpay for Wright.

I have to believe that Fitz has told interested GMs what it would cost to move up if Wright was available so they’re ready if it happens.

I would still be surprised if Montreal didn’t take Wright, but he’s less of a lock than Laf or Hughes were, and maybe even less than Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00