Prospect Info: 2022 Draft: 3OA - Logan Cooley, C

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
If Cooley stays at Minnesota for another year, I'm ok with it. He turns 19 today (HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOGAN!!!) and still has plenty he can learn at that level.

He'll sign with the Coyotes in April of 2024, still 19, National champion, Hobey Baker winner, ready to take on the world.

Reactions: Grimes and Edenjung

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Hobey Baker winner, ready to take on the world.
Fantilli will probably go back so this will be tough.

If they all play college hockey next season, I'd say favorites for Hobey are:
1. Fantilli
2. Cooley
3. Celebrini
4. Hutson

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Egh.
I'd prefer he went pro to Tuscon if he didn't feel ready for Tempe.
Oh well. He's definitely driven to improve, so we know he won't stagnate.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Egh.
I'd prefer he went pro to Tuscon if he didn't feel ready for Tempe.
Oh well. He's definitely driven to improve, so we know he won't stagnate.
"He didn't feel ready"? Are you kidding? If you want to make it you need to have confidence and I'm sure he feels he can step right into the lineup. But also if there's any risk to ride the bus in the AHL for part of the year, not very appealing.

Can go back to school and be the big man on a college campus, play in a bigger, full arena than the Coyotes, and spend one more year playing hockey mostly for fun before starting a long career in the spotlight.

If the Yotes make the playoffs he can join up like Knies.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
If Cooley stays at Minnesota for another year, I'm ok with it. He turns 19 today (HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOGAN!!!) and still has plenty he can learn at that level.

He'll sign with the Coyotes in April of 2024, still 19, National champion, Hobey Baker winner, ready to take on the world.

It will be nice to win a trophy before our first Cup.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Wouldn't it be funny if he waited for ufa-status
There’s no way he’d do that.

Fantilli will probably go back so this will be tough.

If they all play college hockey next season, I'd say favorites for Hobey are:
1. Fantilli
2. Cooley
3. Celebrini
4. Hutson
I don’t think Fantilli is going back. Then again, I didn’t think there was any reason for Cooley to go back.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
I don’t think Fantilli is going back. Then again, I didn’t think there was any reason for Cooley to go back.
Both have unfinished business

And people on here seriously underestimate how fun it would be to be a top college hockey player...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Honestly... maybe. WAY less pressure. He'll have plenty of years being a millionaire. Maybe he wants one more to basically be a kid.
I can see Cooley staying in college. Physically he may not be ready. Sure he is fine playing with his peers but against men is another story. He is still vey young so another year of development may not hurt, and the Coyote's aren't playoff bound next year anyway. Now, if we land Bedard, bring in Cooley.:laugh:

Nice, same birth date as me,
I only have 41 years on him!
Man, are you old.;):laugh:

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I selfishly wanted him to stay in Minny and develop within the Gopher program another year.
I kind of hope Fantilli does too but I bet he signs an NHL contract. Oliver Moore is playing in Minnesota this fall. If we draft him we'd have two solid prospects to watch on one team. I might have to subscribe to the Big 10 network or whatever it's called now.

Reactions: Grimes

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Honestly... maybe. WAY less pressure. He'll have plenty of years being a millionaire. Maybe he wants one more to basically be a kid.
That million never comes back and as of right now he has no idea if his hockey career is gonna last one week or 2 decades. And if that how he's thinking he should stay in school another year as he's clearly not ready for NHL

Reactions: Jakey53

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Maybe he hooked up with a partner @ Minnesota his rookie year?

:rose::heart::heart::rose:
I'm sure one-to-many depending on his choice.

I selfishly wanted him to stay in Minny and develop within the Gopher program another year.
I kind of hope Fantilli does too but I bet he signs an NHL contract. Oliver Moore is playing in Minnesota this fall. If we draft him we'd have two solid prospects to watch on one team. I might have to subscribe to the Big 10 network or whatever it's called now.
You also have Cal Thomas. He's not great but he was okay for a freshman. I'd also recommend you draft Luke Mittelstadt as an overager in round 4-5ish.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
If he's not ready, one more year of development in the NCAA maybe preferable to a little time in the NHL and then the bulk of time in the AHL. If he needs that extra development time, it can allow him to hit the NHL the following year and never look back, which sets him up for a higher-earning, 8-year contract coming off his entry level deal, as opposed to needing some bridge deal and waiting another 2 years to sign the big deal.

Additionally, NCAA schedule is such that if he needs to physically bulk up some more, it allows for that. Otherwise you have him needing to add muscle, but also trying to compete for a spot on the roster. That can be a difficult situation to maneuver in and why you sometimes see guys really bulk up in the offseason. This might be a more ideal development curve.

Reactions: Jakey53

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
With Bedard out of the picture, Cooley signs pro contract tonight now that he knows he'll be top dog...er, Coyote and future captain. ;)

Reactions: Mosby

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
With Bedard out of the picture, Cooley signs pro contract tonight now that he knows he'll be top dog...er, Coyote and future captain. ;)
I was actually wondering how a guy like Cooley feels about new draftees coming along? It's gotta be a bummer going from top prospect to also ran with the flip of a card!!!! 2nd part not in regards to Cooley in particular, just last year's picks.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Back for year 2 at the U!

(He will not play 4 years of college and become a FA, people.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad