Prospect Info: 2022 Draft: 3OA - Logan Cooley, C

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Because it’s bad to put up 2.5-3pts per game against amateurs when you’re trying to become an elite level professional. Better to put up 0.45-0.65pts per game in the show, I think. No matter how long he hides in college there’s going to be a transition and growth period in the NHL. Kicking the can down the road doesn’t help, IMO.
I opened this can of worms by proposing that the AHL would be a good landing spot for Fantilli. You're talking about NCAA.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I opened this can of worms by proposing that the AHL would be a good landing spot for Fantilli. You're talking about NCAA.
:facepalm: I can’t even remember ifwe’re talking Fantilli or Cooley or AHL or NHL - haha. :dunce:

The important thing is that we hold the rights to both players come July. Whether they play NCAA, AHL or NHL I’m flexible on. I just want to make sure they’re both property of the AZ Coyotes.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Well, you’ve just dimmed my hopes somewhat. Why wouldn’t he have just signed like all his buddies, but instead do it for 23/24? I get not signing for this season, but why delay unnecessarily? I’m guessing he’s really considering going back.

All of his teammates who signed were able to burn the 2022-23 season on their contracts.

Unless Cooley really wants to join Tucson for the AHL playoffs there’s no urgency for him to sign early.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Cooley is probably riding the disappointment of losing in the finals by a goal. The more reasonable expectation is to wait until later in the summer when he has a chance to settle down imo.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Option a)
Study for final exams in your Minneapolis apartment.

Option b)
Get paid to score playoff goals in Tuscon against pros.

I know which one I would choose if I was gonna be a pro hockey player.
Pretty sure pay ends when regular season ends. I might take option C: sign a bonus laden contract, enjoy the summer and start my NHL career in October.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Can't Cooley be in the AHL? Wouldn't that be better than NCAA. He would have everything that he wants at his finger tips and we can call him up if we want.
Only if he signs a pro contract and then at that point he can't go back to NCAA. So if he is determined to win an NCAA trophy and have that experience again he can't play in the AHL. If he wants to see if he can make the big league he can sign pro and play in Tempe or in Tucson

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Option a)
Study for final exams in your Minneapolis apartment.

Option b)
Get paid to score playoff goals in Tuscon against pros.

I know which one I would choose if I was gonna be a pro hockey player.
Lol you are out of touch with the college experience someone like Cooley has.

Reactions: ck26

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I thought we would have heard something by now ..

BA mentioned he may have ticked Cooley off as he was discussing the Gophers beating BA's son .He was joking when he said it ( I think )

Art.Vandelay

@kash2112
Aug 2, 2005
Glendale, AZ
I thought we would have heard something by now ..

BA mentioned he may have ticked Cooley off as he was discussing the Gophers beating BA's son .He was joking when he said it ( I think )

In Craig's recent Q&A he said there is no timeframe for Cooley to make a decision. This is different from what he was previously told. I'm hopeful Cooley and the Coyotes are on the same page.

Reactions: Llewzaher

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1