Prospect Info: 2022 Draft: 3OA - Logan Cooley, C

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The top centre on the US National Team Development Program’s Under-18 squad, Logan Cooley had a fantastic season in Ann Arbor. He scored 27 goals and 48 assists for 75 points in just 51 games. He also made the American team for the World Juniors and picked up one assist in one game before a COVID outbreak has postponed the tournament until the summer. This spring, Cooley played for Team USA at the Under-18 World Championships. He picked up three goals and seven assists for 10 points in six games, helping the Americans to a silver medal. Cooley was named the best forward in the tournament. He was also part of the tournament All-Star Team and a top-three player on Team USA.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Great pick -- Cooley obviously wanted to be here. Not like Shane Wright who wanted to be in MTL.

Crouse-Cooley-Guenther
Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz

But actually more like
Keller - MATTHEWS - (Schmaltz or Hayton)
Crouse - Cooley - Guenther

and also Geekie as a middle six C / W?

Even without Matthews imo Geekie is great insurance in case Hayton doesn't work out. And BA gets his 6'4" monster who can hit. Great pick BA!

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
B7F7C5B9-BDA3-4D13-A376-5FD3DB732145.png

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Most talented player in the draft, imo. Had he had 2 more inches in height and 15 more lbs he would have been the consensus 1 OA. Absolutely love this pick and very good to see our scouting team stick to their guy. Kid is a gem, glad he's ours.

I got a text late (45 minutes before the draft) that this was our guy regardless of who was on the table. Glad it panned out.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Most talented player in the draft, imo. Had he had 2 more inches in heigth and 15 more lbs he would have been the consensus 1 OA. Absolutely love this pick and very good to see our scouting team stick to their guy. Kid is a gem, glad he's ours.

I got a text late (45 minutes before the draft) that this was our guy regardless of who was on the table. Glad it panned out.
What happened to Wright?

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I like the pick, just not sure I’d have had the balls to pass on Wright. Do we just seem more dynamism in Cooley?
The only thing Wright has on Cooley is size and height. Cooley is the better talented player, imo.

Reactions: Samsquanch

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Actually when Bill lost the lottery he said the pick at number 1 likely won’t be the best player in this draft

how does Cooley stack up compared to other years top 5’s?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Love the commitment to the list by our scouting and management team. That must have been a tough call having Wright right there and sticking to Cooley. I find it hard to believe the team even considered drafting Wright so that must have been a surprise.

ASU vs Golden UofM game is going to be must watch hockey in AZ. I got my Golden Gophers hat already!

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I like the pick, just not sure I’d have had the balls to pass on Wright. Do we just seem more dynamism in Cooley?
Here's another question.
If Cooley had gone #1 and Slafkovsky went to Jersey, who does BA take #3?
Five hours ago, I'm clearly guessing Wright. Not so sure now. Maybe Jiricek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad