2022/23 Roster Thread II: Worth Every Penny

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The problem is if they DON'T somehow get JG you KNOW that idiot CF is going to blow whatever cap space on a middling mid-6 player. Talking huge overpay for said player. You know because bias for action and rettoling. The Great Retooling by CF.
Well, if the JG ordeal drags on, there may not be any mid-6 players available.
Then he'll be forced to bargain hunt.
Josh Manson, who is significantly better than Fisto, just re-upped with COL, 4 years, 4.5 million per.

Cuck is a true masterpiece of pure incompetence
Manson is not significantly better than Risto.
He's 31 this season.
If anything, this suggests the Risto deal is "market value" - again the right price for the wrong player.
xGF xgFrel last four seasons:

2018-19: 44.60% +0.87
2019-20: 47.80% +4.82
2020-21: 38.37% -4.91 [23g]
2021-22: 48.54% -0.55
2021-22: 43.20% -12.30 [PO 57.15% -3.23]

• Haha
Reactions: BiggE

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
espn sounds like flyers are out for sure. arizona wanted to much for jvr

Diaper Mask Bandits

Jan 15, 2022

Flyers could have did that

if Fletcher had done nothing the past 4 seasons.
And then sign Giroux for the number this off-season this would team would have been 1000 times better off
they could have had giroux with Gadreau and Vorachek
Not to mention a full load picks

Hayes, Laughton, Risto, Deangelo = all dead weight

Imagine if they didn’t sign deangelo first or if they didn’t extend Risto.

This is going to take a massive effort to do anything and Chuck can’t do it.

bucci Saying flyers can’t make it work.

laughingstock of the nhl

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
So wait. They cant sign JG who publicly said he wants to come here bc they wont make space needed to sign him...but theyre checking in on Kadri according to ASF? How can they affotd kadri and not JG?

These reports are all odd. Maybe chuck is using the media.

Reactions: tucson83

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
So wait. They cant sign JG who publicly said he wants to come here bc they wont make space needed to sign him...but theyre checking in on Kadri according to ASF? How can they affotd kadri and not JG?

These reports are all odd. Maybe chuck is using the media.
JG wants to play close to his family. His family lives in Southern Jersey, so Philly is the closest destination and he grew up a flyers fan. That is why he wants to come here, however, $ and family are the #1. He is still close playing in NY or New Jersey. If PHI can’t give him his money then he moves on. It’s not like PHI has leverage here. This is a mutually exclusive situation here. JG closed his market to the suitors he wants. The suitors then have the option to battle it out for him. Nothing odd about this.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
JG wants to play close to his family. His family lives in Southern Jersey, so Philly is the closest destination and he grew up a flyers fan. That is why he wants to come here, however, $ and family are the #1. He is still close playing in NY or New Jersey. If PHI can’t give him his money then he moves on. It’s not like PHI has leverage here. This is a mutually exclusive situation here. JG closed his market to the suitors he wants. The suitors then have the option to battle it out for him. Nothing odd about this.
I get that...but why would they be looking at kadri?

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
so this is our aggressive retool? a retread in Braun (who will block the kids from playing) and Deslauriers (the worst player in the NHL) are this teams UFA adds? wtf is happening here? this has to be deliberate sabotage to tank, because no GM can be this stupid.

AND WHY DO THE FLYERS CONTINUE TO GIVE CRAZY TERM TO BOTTOM 6 FORWARDS?!?! it's infuriating. never sign a 4th liner to more than 2 years. Chuck is an absolute moron.

i'm not watching a single game this year. i actually feel for Torts. this team is worse than last year. i'm done with this team. maybe for good. i don't think i've hated anything in life more than this teams front office right now.

**** Chuck Flecher. **** Bobby Clarke and everyone else who works for this dumpster fire of a franchise.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Evergreen

Anyone who says Deslauriers is the worst player in the NHL clearly haven't watched him at all and I can't take their opinion seriously.

Reactions: phil162888

Evergreen

I'm sure Thompson and MacEwen were worse.
Much worse. Especially Thompson.

Lol. I found his account guys!
Listen I hate the direction this team is taking as much as the next guy and I think Fletcher is the worst GM in the league, but some of you just default to complaining about everything without actually having any knowledge about a particular player.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey

Listen I hate the direction this team is taking as much as the next guy and I think Fletcher is the worst GM in the league, but some of you just default to complaining about everything without actually having any knowledge about a particular player.

4 years for a defensive forward that is a net negative in the offensive zone is not defaulting to complaining. Come on man.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016

Why do you think you know more about him than the rest of us.

pooch

May 30, 2017

4 years, dude. 4 years.

Evergreen

Why do you think you know more about him than the rest of us.
Because I watched him play for the Ducks for 3 years when I lived in CA. And the people disagreeing with me have provided no analysis outside of the Evolving Hockey tweet, whose model generally has a lot of trouble adjusting for players on poor teams, which the Ducks have been lately.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
This is with Ellis on IR, not on LTIR yet.

ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES
Tooltip
BONUSESCAP SPACE
21$82,500,000$82,064,357$295,000$725,000$435,643

JVR-Couturier-TK
Farabee-Hayes-Atkinson
Laughton-Frost-Tippett
Deslauriers-Brown-MacEwen

Provorov-DeAngelo
Sanheim-Risto
York-Braun
Seeler

Hart
Sandstrom

Last edited:

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
This is with Ellis on IR, not on LTIR yet.

ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES
Tooltip
BONUSESCAP SPACE
21$82,500,000$82,064,357$295,000$725,000$435,643

JVR-Couturier-TK
Farabee-Hayes-Atkinson
Laughton-Frost-Tippett
Deslauriers-Brown-MacEwen

Provorov-DeAngelo
Sanheim-Risto
York-Braun
Seeler