2022/23 Roster Thread II: Worth Every Penny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muddy Wilbury

Flyers Fan in Ottawa
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, ON.
This is with Ellis on IR, not on LTIR yet.

ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES
Tooltip
BONUSESCAP SPACE
21$82,500,000$82,064,357$295,000$725,000$435,643

JVR-Couturier-TK
Farabee-Hayes-Atkinson
Laughton-Frost-Tippett
Deslauriers-Brown-MacEwen

Provorov-DeAngelo
Sanheim-Risto
York-Braun
Seeler

Hart
Sandstrom
Thanks for this. It's nice when line combos are actually posted.😉

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't understand why Giroux would sign with the 7th worst team in the league. He wanted to Cup chase, no?

Now, why I do think Ottawa is on the up-and-up, and clearly there are personal reasons, the idea Fletcher offended Giroux in his departure is only more believable today.

He signed so quickly after the deadline that coming here wasn't even on the table.

Gotta fix the room, bruv.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Because I watched him play for the Ducks for 3 years when I lived in CA. And the people disagreeing with me have provided no analysis outside of the Evolving Hockey tweet, whose model generally has a lot of trouble adjusting for players on poor teams, which the Ducks have been lately.
He's the kind of player you give a 1 yr/$1M or so deal to.
And look to upgrade every year, especially at 31.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
if we buy out JVR? Or waive him. what is teh cap hit for this and next years?
His actual salary is 5M

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
This is with Ellis on IR, not on LTIR yet.

ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES
Tooltip
BONUSESCAP SPACE
21$82,500,000$82,064,357$295,000$725,000$435,643

JVR-Couturier-TK
Farabee-Hayes-Atkinson
Laughton-Frost-Tippett
Deslauriers-Brown-MacEwen

Provorov-DeAngelo
Sanheim-Risto
York-Braun
Seeler

Hart
Sandstrom

So Cates, an actually talented player, is not getting a spot. Allison, an actually talented player, is not getting a spot.

Cool, cool.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I didn't put an waiver exempt players on the roster for simplicity. They can go up and down at any time.

Allison will be on IR, anyway.

Evergreen

So much for an "aggressive re-tool" huh? I really think we need to burn the team to the ground and rebuild, but since that doesn't seem to be in the cards, at least we could make some exciting moves this offseason and add some skill to the lineup so the team is at least worth watching. Instead we buy out a player who beat cancer and is beloved by the fans, bring back a re-tread 3rd pairing d-man, sign a 4th liner, and plug the Ellis hole with the dickhead version of Ghost?

This team is such a joke. Fletcher needs to be fired yesterday. And we need to eradicate the dinosaurs in our front office who have consistently assembled a mediocre team but somehow still have a say in management. The only good thing I have to say is that at least I know I'll save some money because I'm definitely not buying any tickets this year or bothering to get cable. Maybe I'll root for the Senators this year.

Reactions: BillDineen

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Because I watched him play for the Ducks for 3 years when I lived in CA. And the people disagreeing with me have provided no analysis outside of the Evolving Hockey tweet, whose model generally has a lot of trouble adjusting for players on poor teams, which the Ducks have been lately.
i watched him with nthe ducks too and even I hated him. Duck fans get excited when a player gets more utility/minutes/bigger role and does well for cheap. Same thing as "granztlaf". They are garbage players that only deserve 1-2 year deals at 1million. I would be totally fine with nic at a 1 year deal (I would hate it but at least its tolerable) but 4 years is asinine.

Evergreen

A guy that doesn't get talked about for doing a terrible job is Ian Anderson. He's been our Director of Hockey Analytics for nearly a decade, during which time the Flyers have made countless bad decisions. Chuck specifically mentioned him as a guy he relies on when making trades. If the guy who is running our analytics department is telling Chuck that trading multiple high picks for Ristolainen, trading multiple picks to offload Ghost, and trading multiple picks to acquire DeAngelo are good moves, he deserves to be fired. What a joke this entire organization is.

Reactions: Tripod and Helistin

Evergreen

i watched him with nthe ducks too and even I hated him. Duck fans get excited when a player gets more utility/minutes/bigger role and does well for cheap. Same thing as "granztlaf". They are garbage players that only deserve 1-2 year deals at 1million. I would be totally fine with nic at a 1 year deal (I would hate it but at least its tolerable) but 4 years is asinine.
I agree that 4 years is too long. I just don't agree with people's hyperbole that Deslauriers is the worst player in the league. That's absurd. There is plenty else to complain about with this dog shit team and the utterly incomprehensible decisions Chuck has made.

Reactions: phil162888

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He kept saying next year they will have more cap space but the only big contract coming off other then JVR is Sanheim who is the one guy they really need to keep.
One of Sanheim or Provorov will be traded, with York moving into the top four, and Zamula, and Andrae maybe coming over next summer.
That would free up $12M or so, depending on the return.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I agree that 4 years is too long. I just don't agree with people's hyperbole that Deslauriers is the worst player in the league. That's absurd. There is plenty else to complain about with this dog shit team and the utterly incomprehensible decisions Chuck has made.

I remember when people claimed Thompson had gotten better in Winnipeg

Reactions: Tripod

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
One of Sanheim or Provorov will be traded, with York moving into the top four, and Zamula, and Andrae maybe coming over next summer.
That would free up $12M or so, depending on the return.
Yup.. all as simple as that.. moving up.. and replacing Provorov and Sanheim, that's it.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I am thinking of a trial separation. I am not sure about a divorce just yet, but I cannot stand the site of her for a year at least. If she fires everybody or gets Bedard, I will give it another go, but for now, I see no future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln