2022/23 Roster Thread II: Worth Every Penny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
You know chuck...you could trade Provorov for a futures package (a 1st and prospects)...clear cap that way. But nooooo itd have to be a hockey trade. Hockey men love their hockey trades.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I’m not opposed to a Provorov deal, if the value is right. My only question is… who will actually be left to play any d?

Reactions: BiggE

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
One thing I appreciated about Hextall is that shit just happened and the media was left with only the ability to react. Meanwhile, you got the media practically live-tweeting Chuck's bowel movements.

I was talking to Pens fans about this with Letang, and to some degree Malkin. Told them to not listen to the media because chances are, they're clueless as to what's really happening with Hextall as GM.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I assume a JVR trade would happen after his $1m SB gets paid (today?)

I don’t know. I think there could be hesitancy in parting with that 2023 pick even in their eyes.

If they sign Gaudreau for $9M & trade JvR how much capspace do they have to fill out the roster? I’d imagine a backup would be the most important thing they need. As I can’t imagine they’d feel comfortable with Hart & Sandstrom. Would they have enough to go out & get an NHL backup?

I think with the injuries & cap issues you’re gonna have to put some faith into young &/or unproven players which guys like that are generally not fans of.

I don’t know everything about the Flyers is such a logic pretzel right now.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don’t know. I think there could be hesitancy in parting with that 2023 pick even in their eyes.

If they sign Gaudreau for $9M & trade JvR how much capspace do they have to fill out the roster? I’d imagine a backup would be the most important thing they need. As I can’t imagine they’d feel comfortable with Hart & Sandstrom. Would they have enough to go out & get an NHL backup?

I think with the injuries & cap issues you’re gonna have to put some faith into young &/or unproven players which guys like that are generally not fans of.

I don’t know everything about the Flyers is such a logic pretzel right now.

“I don’t know because all of the options seem inherently flawed,” is such a narrow band and yet they always manage to hit it.

pooch

May 30, 2017
I really hope they miss out on JG and go into the season with the current roster. What a god awful team that is going to be. Going to be great to see a 3/4 empty arena in October
This is my hope as well. I hope they then embrace the sucking and sell off what they can. Forced rebuild through complete ineptitude.

Reactions: Cody Webster

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't think the current roster would be "god Awful." Last season was a mess in every aspect.

Adding a healthy Couts and Hayes is a huge boost, as is young players like York, Zamula, Cates, Tippett, Frost, Allison, Laczynski and eventually Foerster et al.
TDA in effect replaces Ellis.

The key is Tort's ability to get the most out of a young roster, they may start slow but they'll be a bitch to play against after a couple months. And with young legs they'll be able to pressure for 60 minutes.

I'd have preferred they kept Lindblom, ignored JG, and moved JVR when they could garner an asset by retaining salary.

You play the kids, see who emerges, take your top 10 draft pick next summer and add Gauthier after a year of playing center in college. Give him a season to adjust to NHL speed, then you can move Hayes with two years left on his deal in the summer of 2024, have 2 1st rd picks and a lot of cap room. If Foerster is ready or Allison healthy, you can also move out Atkinson.

That's a two year reload, at the end of which Couts is your only player over 30.

But first you have to throw Clarke and Holmgren under a bus and exile Scott somewhere in Comcast land.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
“I don’t know because all of the options seem inherently flawed,” is such a narrow band and yet they always manage to hit it.

It’s interesting with Gaudreau’s perspective too. I get he turned down a lot of money with Calgary to get back to the east coast at least. How much more money are you willing to eat in the process if you’re him? Waiting around on the Flyers could cost even more. As I’d imagine NJ probably has $10M per year on the table & they’re probably putting the squeeze on Gaudreau to give them an answer now.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad