2022-2023 Non-Stars NHL Discussion

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Probably better long-term for the team he didn't re-sign when he had the offer on the table.

It may seem like a lot now, but I think we're gonna come to see what is essentially Klingberg + 1st for Lundkvist as a likely foundational trade. A reverse Iginla trade, sort of.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Woof getting PTSD while reading the Jets board after their loss to the Leafs.

One comment I saw:

"I also thought Rick was going to coach progressively. Where did all this talk go about getting teams to adapt to us. If anything he's been more reactive than Moe.

4 on 4 when every other team plays its skilled players we play our checking line because we are afraid of other teams players"

Saw comments complaining about how much he played Lowry (basically their Faksa) against Matthews and how he was far too focused on line matching (which he literally said to their media that he doesnt do!). Comments about guys getting undeserved minutes. Comments about the 4th line hardly playing at all so the ice time was super unbalanced throughout the lineup.

I know its early, but its just sounding all too familiar. Feels good to follow though as long as DeBoer keeps it up:laugh:

Oh and perhaps the best part. Rick's comments after the game:

A Jets fan posted that in the thread, also posted this:
Jets are:

26th xGF% according to NaturalStatTrick (5GP)

25th xGF% according to Evolving-Hockey (4GP)

29th xGF% according to MoneyPuck (4GP)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: masinaLFC and Johno

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Woof getting PTSD while reading the Jets board after their loss to the Leafs.

One comment I saw:

Saw comments complaining about how much he played Lowry (basically their Faksa) against Matthews and how he was far too focused on line matching (which he literally said to their media that he doesnt do!). Comments about guys getting undeserved minutes. Comments about the 4th line hardly playing at all so the ice time was super unbalanced throughout the lineup.

I know its early, but its just sounding all too familiar. Feels good to follow though as long as DeBoer keeps it up:laugh:

Oh and perhaps the best part. Rick's comments after the game:

A Jets fan posted that in the thread, also posted this:
Jets are:

This thing is just so beautiful, I love it!

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
The Bowness hire in Winnipeg was insanely random. Who was still available when they signed him? Maybe they waited too long or were low balling guys like Cassidy. We know they tried hard on Trotz, and perhaps focused too much and for too long on him and it cost them. Or maybe they just need a "transitional coach" if that's a thing. I mean Bowness makes sense if you wanna tighten up the team D, but that's gonna be at the expense of taming the horses they have. I don't think Rick has a middle ground, but maybe he does. Their first line is already off to a horrible start defensively again.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The Bowness hire in Winnipeg was insanely random. Who was still available when they signed him? Maybe they waited too long or were low balling guys like Cassidy. We know they tried hard on Trotz, and perhaps focused too much and for too long on him and it cost them. Or maybe they just need a "transitional coach" if that's a thing. I mean Bowness makes sense if you wanna tighten up the team D, but that's gonna be at the expense of taming the horses they have. I don't think Rick has a middle ground, but maybe he does. Their first line is already off to a horrible start defensively again.

They might've completely ran out of options and then had to beg a guy with deep connections to the Jets in Bones . Similar to how the Oilers went to beg Hitch to take over after he "retired" a few years back

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
It's unbelievable Jets fans bought anything he said. It's not like he's some mystery, he was right here in the division.

Talk is cheap, let's see the TOI. Oh, what's that, your 4th line played as much as the other team's 1st line? Hey, we got the matchup we wanted.

Reactions: Elysian

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Bones is a good dude and a good assistant coach but has limits to his coaching ability. Most important thing with the Jets is sorting out the locker room though and i don't think Bones is bad at that. He's allways been generally well liked .

Reactions: LT and Dallasman

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Klingberg now:

1666638864550.png

Klingberg last season:
1666638893061.png

He's pretty much playing identically, slightly less offense. Small sample obviously but he's consistently been this already.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
All the Vancouver drama is amusing

It's more amusing to think that we wouldn't have Lundkvist if they had taken the NYR packaged offered at last year's deadline.

In hoping that Vancouver crashes and burns, I'm wondering if anyone would have the appetite for Harley for Hoglander.

I thought Harley was a mixed bag during preseason, but his skating stuck out as something he seemed to improve upon. It's hard to imagine any space for him with Heiskanen, Lindell, and Suter a permanent fixture for the next three years. Throw in the fact that Bichsel and Grushnikov can play the same side (I know Bichsel has played a lot on the right despite being a left hand shot) while offering the defensive dimension the team probably wants more with Heiskanen/Lundkvist already on the roster, and I have a hard time seeing where he fits at this point.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
It's more amusing to think that we wouldn't have Lundkvist if they had taken the NYR packaged offered at last year's deadline.

In hoping that Vancouver crashes and burns, I'm wondering if anyone would have the appetite for Harley for Hoglander.

I thought Harley was a mixed bag during preseason, but his skating stuck out as something he seemed to improve upon. It's hard to imagine any space for him with Heiskanen, Lindell, and Suter a permanent fixture for the next three years. Throw in the fact that Bichsel and Grushnikov can play the same side (I know Bichsel has played a lot on the right despite being a left hand shot) while offering the defensive dimension the team probably wants more with Heiskanen/Lundkvist already on the roster, and I have a hard time seeing where he fits at this point.

Personally, I think the team needs a lot more Harleys and a lot fewer of the primarily defensive d-men we seem to be collecting, but I'd probably do that trade. Hoglander seems very good, I have no clue why they sent him down to the AHL.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
The Blues loss certainly makes this afternoon more palatable. Anaheim took a step back this season, Vancouver is eternally mediocre. Perspective, perspective.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Personally, I think the team needs a lot more Harleys and a lot fewer of the primarily defensive d-men we seem to be collecting, but I'd probably do that trade. Hoglander seems very good, I have no clue why they sent him down to the AHL.

If Dallas had cap space they could definitely have brought up Harley, but they're way too tight to bring him up right now.

And Vancouver has no interest in subjecting long term prospects to the dumpster fire for Bedard/Allen/whoever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad