2022-2023 Non-Stars NHL Discussion

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Sabres fans don't seem to understand that sufficiently good players MAKE the team good, not the other way around.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
But he scored some nice goals right after the trade!!!!!!! MSL can rehabilitate him! The other four NHL coaches he had (2-3 of whom are potential Jack Adams nominees) just didn't know how to use him effectively!!!

Stupid coaches, all they need to do is pair him with two hard working, excellent playmakers who do everything necessary to feed him the puck for one-timers while he just stands around. Why is that so hard?!

Reactions: LT

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Stupid coaches, all they need to do is pair him with two hard working, excellent playmakers who do everything necessary to feed him the puck for one-timers while he just stands around. Why is that so hard?!
It's funny but this was literally most of the Stars fan base for the last 4yrs.

Reactions: eartotheground

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Pens fired the whole management crew . Burke , Hextall and the AGM. Just completely wasted 2 years.

Reactions: DieselPig

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I have to imagine they probably suggested rebuilding via tank or on-the-fly and ownership wanted to Win Now with Crosby/Malkin/Letang. So this all kind of feels a bit pointless like their direction was predetermined.

I heard Hextall was gone but never heard Burke. I guess it's time to sell off your aging vets.

*Yep: Pens fire Hextall, Burke after missing the playoffs for the first time in 17 years
I remember before Burke got hired he said it was time for the penguins to tear it down , then he got hired and tried to build around the old core . That must have been the message from ownership.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Pens old core was still good but that was the only thing that was good on the team. They got productive 82 game seasons out of both Crosby and Malkin and completely wasted them because the team had absolutely no depth . Also their goaltending was just shit

Reactions: DieselPig

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Just spitballing with no basis on this but if Pittsburgh does make the decision to scorched earth rebuild, Letang would fit like a glove here.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
5 more years for a soon to be 36 year old. I don't know about that. Decent chance he'll go into Suter territory soon-ish .

Pens made their bed now. They've re-signed their old core until they retire. I doubt they're starting a rebuild .

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Go Preds. I’d love to win the division today! So pumped, and anxious about playoffs starting up.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
made an avatar if anyone wants it

rasmus.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes